Liberation sites

Ryan Hay

4 hours ago, Ryan Hay said:

Probably been asked before on here but what's the best liberation sites. Good facilities for driver toilet etc and also gives birds best chance of a good start. Thanks 

For English sites, ask the RPRA for a site report. The information is in the report. :)

On 2/22/2023 at 7:30 AM, Ryan Hay said:

Probably been asked before on here but what's the best liberation sites. Good facilities for driver toilet etc and also gives birds best chance of a good start. Thanks 

My OH was a transporter driver for 5 years for the UNC and very few places exist with facilities, the RPRA have been advertising for suitable sites this year, as there are so many being withdrawn. For instance Peterborough showground has been sold and they are applying for planning permission to build houses.....Grantham equestrian arena is fairly new to the UNC, it is very large and you are able to use their facilities- I believe it even has a shower block.  Fees are minimal. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ryan, bit late to the thread but on our race program this year there are 5 sites with facilities, Maidstone and Darlington have cafe's on site and 24hr toilets. The others Swalwell with the cricket club, Wooler  the gliding club and Wetherby racecourse I've been told we can use when they are open. Having facilities on site doesn't always make it a great site though Ryan , yeah its a bonus but finding a site where  the birds get a good start is really the priority. I've got a toilet on the lorry and a gas stove for my coffee so its never a problem for me anyway:emoticon-0140-rofl: As for the best well Maidstone gets my vote closely followed by one with no facilities but the doo's aye get a great start  Strathkinnes.