Derby Arona

jake12

Looks like a bad one for the Arona Derby OLR. only 2 birds back from 180mls, 1 in 7hrs ( Netherlands) & 1 in 8hrs (Belgium).there were 251 birds at the final from the 2159 that started. Only 2 Scottish birds made it to the final race. Well done to the Winners.

2 birds out of 251 entered a distance of 173.98 miles, something has happened big time don't you think. ;)

3 back now dougie

the problem is they had lost around 1600 by about 70 miles and do every year

they started the 1st trainer after activating with 2159 birds

but lost a lot before activation as well

I think it was last year they had lost over 1000 by the 40 mile stage

Arona can't seem to train there pigeons to well, as every local toss seems to affect the returns this should not be supported as if left, it will bring the pigeon game down . to much exposure will bring out the twitcher, and home racing will suffer don't forget the one loft race is run for profit ,bird losses is not the end game, if It was not the case. Returns should have been made to improved, the returns, over the years, as a more skillfull race plan should have been made and not gone down hill so much these entries have dire consequences from the birds that bred them and fancier's can't work out as what's gone wrong with these birds as most are of there best stock

Derby Arona like the rest of the world have met new challenges this season created by the COVID-19 pandemic...

Historically this OLR is renowned for heavy losses every season and is certainly not a OLR for he faint hearted...

Being a fanatical follower of this OLR for over a decade and entering pigeons myself, the losses this year have not been any

worse than some of the previous years...

The sport of pigeon racing even on your own doorstep can result in a disastrous weekend, i can recall Federations in Scotland in recent years not timing from 100 miles on the day, can happen anywhere on the globe...

Over the course of the week lets hope more pigeons return from the DERBY ARONA, the toughest One Loft Race in the world!

Derby Arona like the rest of the world have met new challenges this season created by the COVID-19 pandemic...

Historically this OLR is renowned for heavy losses every season and is certainly not a OLR for he faint hearted...

Being a fanatical follower of this OLR for over a decade and entering pigeons myself, the losses this year have not been any

worse than some of the previous years...

The sport of pigeon racing even on your own doorstep can result in a disastrous weekend, i can recall Federations in Scotland in recent years not timing from 100 miles on the day, can happen anywhere on the globe...

Over the course of the week lets hope more pigeons return from the DERBY ARONA, the toughest One Loft Race in the world!

Would agree with you there wull but the twitcher will not have the same enthusiasm as us . but for the 40 mile out tosses cause for concern are needed to be dealt with