Peregrine Falcon

hotrod

Had my youngsters out last night and 6 were awol then one came back after been missing for seemed like an hour then another . Seen the other 4 going bye high up in heavens mind now their not long on wing . They were up going on 2 and a bit hours . It was getting on and thought I’ll let a couple of old stock cocks out they will surely attract them back standing at loft watching the 2 cocks go bye , one lands the other having another spin watched it coming into land and out of nowhere the peregrine swoops down couldn’t have been more than 6 ft from me missed the pied cock by inches . It then climbed up and over roof of house and away . He was a lucky lucky boy . He flew for another 20 mins or so after that . Close of play last night 4 young still awol , two sitting in loft at 6am when I got up . One other flying with old birds now and one nowhere to be seen . Couldn’t believe the girth and size of that hawk it was nearly the size of a seagull wingspan . Killing machine has anyone else had a close encounter like this when I say about 6 ft I mean it I am a joiner .

THERE MURDER STUART MY YBS WERE OUT ALL BLOODY NIGHT BECAUSE OF THE BOP MATE YBS WERE ENJOYING A BATH AND THIS BUGGER RIGHT INTO THEM THERE WERE FEATHERS ON THE GRASS BUT ALL YBS ARE THERE BUT I COULD NOT GET THEM IN THEY WERE sh** SCARED SO WAS I THEY WERE FLYING ABOUT WHEN IT WAS VERY DARK AND THEY WERE OUT ALL NIGHT SOME WERE OUT 2 NIGHTS

Bold as brass Jamie if I had a big stick I could have hit it , it was that close to me I’m sure it actually turned its head and stared at me .

you will have to lock out a good feed for it Stuart

There was an item in the local newspaper here in Moffat the other week welcoming the arrival of new species of birds of prey in our area.

lets hope its an eagle owl walter eh

Had my youngsters out last night and 6 were awol then one came back after been missing for seemed like an hour then another . Seen the other 4 going bye high up in heavens mind now their not long on wing . They were up going on 2 and a bit hours . It was getting on and thought I’ll let a couple of old stock cocks out they will surely attract them back standing at loft watching the 2 cocks go bye , one lands the other having another spin watched it coming into land and out of nowhere the peregrine swoops down couldn’t have been more than 6 ft from me missed the pied cock by inches . It then climbed up and over roof of house and away . He was a lucky lucky boy . He flew for another 20 mins or so after that . Close of play last night 4 young still awol , two sitting in loft at 6am when I got up . One other flying with old birds now and one nowhere to be seen . Couldn’t believe the girth and size of that hawk it was nearly the size of a seagull wingspan . Killing machine has anyone else had a close encounter like this when I say about 6 ft I mean it I am a joiner .

A few years ago the Ybs were out then they went everywhere but some sat frozen to the house roof it was a young Percy it had several goes at them with me shouting like a banshee and all of a sudden it landed on the house roof about ten foot from the Ybs I threw a pellet ! At it and bloody missed it looked at me then took off with Ybs still sitting there.

And that is the truth because I'm a bricklayer Stuart lol

Must have been a super peregrine that size.Are you sure it wasn't a bloody eagle?

Last week I just got my Darkies in and it went over the loft about 30/40 feet up . I could not believe the size of it also . Seen them way up loads of times but never as close . Never get bothered much in the village but they are there .

read a nice article, a while back now, how the Arabs dig a hole in the ground. A glass covering of some pigeons underneath.

Now a thought of when a glass cage, about nine inches, and perches run along under the loft roof. Canaries are placed in there. Lovely to see and they are always active.

Mind the S/H and such like them also. INDEED a few have been known to bump their heads to rake a closer look. Mind one does have to be careful when picking them up so they don't trample on the poor bird.

Edited by Roland

A few years ago the Ybs were out then they went everywhere but some sat frozen to the house roof it was a young Percy it had several goes at them with me shouting like a banshee and all of a sudden it landed on the house roof about ten foot from the Ybs I threw a pellet ! At it and bloody missed it looked at me then took off with Ybs still sitting there.

And that is the truth because I'm a bricklayer Stuart lol

I am a bricklayer :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: that doesn't count it is only joiners who know what 6 feet looks like

hey you big guy no need 4 that . 😂😂😂 I just added that because you always get some smart ar se saying are you sure it was that close 🤣 an old friend that’s now passed on once shot one it had a 39 inch wingspan and was 36 inches long . So yes they are big well the hens are much bigger than the cocks .

Oryt stuart av seen a photo off a perigrine which was accidently killed an the guy took a picture off it full wing span reaching 2 fully opened daily records together approx 42 inches.a female.an am a plumber we dont exagerate lol

hey you big guy no need 4 that . 😂😂😂 I just added that because you always get some smart ar se saying are you sure it was that close 🤣 an old friend that’s now passed on once shot one it had a 39 inch wingspan and was 36 inches long . So yes they are big well the hens are much bigger than the cocks .

Stuart , joiners and bricklayers, got to admit I was pis sin myself at that, but kidding aside they are an feckin menace and the hens are a fair old size, and I'm an electrician

Stuart , joiners and bricklayers, got to admit I was pis sin myself at that, but kidding aside they are an feckin menace and the hens are a fair old size, and I'm an electrician

the joiner hides a' the brickies mistakes.

Youse are all daft .😂😂😂 all we do is nails through pipes through cables and occasionally miss the above 😂😂😂