Birds Split Today

tommy bhoys

Split mines few nights back... Getting 30/40 mins out of them hens ranging a bit tonight when out.

Not a fan of training them either Tommy but probably give them 2 or 3 chucks from 10 miles when we get go ahead to race. Any further and I'm into Irvine Valley and its a skelping more often than not

Split mines few nights back... Getting 30/40 mins out of them hens ranging a bit tonight when out.

Not a fan of training them either Tommy but probably give them 2 or 3 chucks from 10 miles when we get go ahead to race. Any further and I'm into Irvine Valley and its a skelping more often than not

will need tae get the feed rite first so they will fly tho

When we went into lockdown and racing was postponed they went onto higher percentage depurative.

i feed barley all year round but its measured out so they dont get fat ive got plans this year for 3 lofts to mix the barley 50 50 way paddy rice naked oats and safflower and keep one loft on 100% barley and see what yin has best results

I'm still breeding just now to build a team back up for next year got 30 young just now so hopefully just train them when possible and hopefully have a team of yearlings for next year and a big thank you to Andrew from Aberdeen for the birds appreciated m8

I'm still breeding just now to build a team back up for next year got 30 young just now so hopefully just train them when possible and hopefully have a team of yearlings for next year and a big thank you to Andrew from Aberdeen for the birds appreciated m8

good news that your staying in the pigeons joe

i feed barley all year round but its measured out so they dont get fat ive got plans this year for 3 lofts to mix the barley 50 50 way paddy rice naked oats and safflower and keep one loft on 100% barley and see what yin has best results

Be interesting to see what works best and how far you get them out to on that system.

Always like some protein in mixture to develop muscle and have something to work on if they get out their ground

Be interesting to see what works best and how far you get them out to on that system.

Always like some protein in mixture to develop muscle and have something to work on if they get out their ground

they get tae the coast on barley ive tried all the fancy stuff but think we are conned by all the top brands remember feed is made up tae look good for our eyes

you still on them high fats then ??

No it's in storage for later 🙈

Just what a street doo would get in the morning and a treat at night feed for being good lassies

With all this time in garden and loft

Finding out what makes them fly

And finding out what mistakes stops them wanting to fly .

Fingers crossed for some sort of normality come summer

Atb ðŸ‘🕊🕊

I was thinking of feeding me hens barley all week and energy mix on a Thursday or Wednesday if the winds on them or he distance is over 170 miles

Well don't they fly longer and harder when split?

they will roland but ive gt them too light on food anow takes a few days for me tae get it rite

I was thinking of feeding me hens barley all week and energy mix on a Thursday or Wednesday if the winds on them or he distance is over 170 miles

yeah thats all i do i mix my own high fats tho