Jim And Anne Donaldson Birds

Ryan Hay

i tried to log in , wont let me and anyhow, whats this about a room , i thought an online auchtion was what it was, nothing about a room?? hivna got a clue by the way.

The online auction is not the actual auction, the winning bidder has someone to attend the live auction in a room in ireland and that person opens the bid at your highest bid and will bid for you up until the amount you are willing to go to. I was the winning bidder on 6 birds in the 1st auction, then was contacted and told I only actual won 1 at the live sale. First time i have seen an auction work that way.

The online auction is not the actual auction, the winning bidder has someone to attend the live auction in a room in ireland and that person opens the bid at your highest bid and will bid for you up until the amount you are willing to go to. I was the winning bidder on 6 birds in the 1st auction, then was contacted and told I only actual won 1 at the live sale. First time i have seen an auction work that way.

Similar to me I was winning on 5 and ended up with just the 1. Hopefully better luck today

Similar to me I was winning on 5 and ended up with just the 1. Hopefully better luck today

It shouldn't be down to luck, surely the bidder should be able to continue bidding if it goes any higher. You could look at the online auction and see what the winning bid was and then go to the live auction and have an idea what the winning bidder was willing to pay and now they cant alter there bid. For yourself to win 1 from 5 and I win 1 from 6, that in itself should show it doesnt work. I have only bid on 1 this time and bid way over the amount it was on.

It shouldn't be down to luck, surely the bidder should be able to continue bidding if it goes any higher. You could look at the online auction and see what the winning bid was and then go to the live auction and have an idea what the winning bidder was willing to pay and now they cant alter there bid. For yourself to win 1 from 5 and I win 1 from 6, that in itself should show it doesnt work. I have only bid on 1 this time and bid way over the amount it was on.

Id never bid online because your only bidding against yourself in the end,if your the highest bidder online it starts at that in the hall...better to hold off and bid in the hall.

Did you get the other one you were after?

Did you get the other one you were after?