Returned Young Bird

Buff

His quote 'My feckin telephone number is on the bird if they want to let me know it’s been in there loft expletive remove'!

I just hope it will be nice in the future for the Fancier getting a stray bird in from you to Put in a Fancier puts it in a separate loft Compartment and demands you send a courier for it! Now that is and would be the prim and proper thing to do as Governing bodies state!

there we are lads, no more helping hands... Just cough up your £40 for each bird reported!

many - obviously your not one of them - will offer a payment, or give the kids a quid or so when collect a stray … A £1 ring is cheap payment for letting you know it's been in a loft and FED and Watered for a quid.

Besides why should a fancier phone you? Often many times leaving a message , and unanswered! Tight git lol.

Edited by Roland

His quote 'My feckin telephone number is on the bird if they want to let me know it’s been in there loft expletive remove'!

I just hope it will be nice in the future for the Fancier getting a stray bird in from you to Put in a Fancier puts it in a separate loft Compartment and demands you send a courier for it! Now that is and would be the prim and proper thing to do as Governing bodies state!

there we are lads, no more helping hands... Just cough up your £40 for each bird reported!

many - obviously your not one of them - will offer a payment, or give the kids a quid or so when collect a stray … A £1 ring is cheap payment for letting you know it's been in a loft and FED and Watered for a quid.

Besides why should a fancier phone you? Often many times leaving a message , and unanswered! Tight git lol.

You my friend are a *expletive removed* 😂😂😂

Thanks Buff. You strengthen my resolve to see fair play, and sensible / reasonable logic.

P.s do you count the tea leaves you put in the cup <_< .. Indeesd how many cuppa's do you get from One tea Bag? :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Only you could moan about a flipping quid regards someone doing you a good favour. :blink:

Roland are you at the wind up how’s someone taking the ets ring doing him a favour

Well, some are easy to wind up Adee1888. However, the sad thing is that they don't, and never will understand.

Many a time we read on here and other pigeon sites that the fancier would LOVE to know what and where they pigeon has gone, or went when missing for a few days/weeks etc. Indeed many actually fear / or worry where they are - or aren't. Weren't breakfast for a rapture.

Then a pigeon turns up ten days later WITH out an Et ring! Are they pleased to know that their pigeon wasn't eaten? Suffered or deprived of food! Nah, more peed off that they lose a £1. Come on, get real here.

Me! I was pleased to see it. Know it had ben fed and watered, that's a fact.

I'd wager he would have been more peed of having to spend £40 for its return.

He would have wondered - if he even cared - where and what had happened to it.

I loved my pigeons. Fact1 I mean I loved them. They gave me great happiness and joy. I hated losing one. Indeed - like many over and good fanciers - I worried where they were. Their welfare is/was paramount. I never begrudged paying money travelling to fetch a bird - had many pleasant loft visits too at that. They gave excitement and many thought-provoking ideas. They warranted every penny I ever spent on them in ANY regards. They more than paid me in so many ways.

I'll ask Adee188 and you all a simple question of reasoning.

Say a friend came to your loft, or a stranger with a bird you had lot. Or you travelled to his loft to collect your pigeon. It had been well cared for. Fed and watered and looked after, and was in good condition. You most likely would thank him. Then when leaving he asked you for £1 for looking after your pigeon for the past week. You might think 'Cheeky Git, or be glad to give him or his kid a £1 etc. Would you moan?

Then, later on think, seeing the bird back and happy in the loft... would you be pleased … or still be moaning about that flipping £1?

Edited by Roland

I'll ask Adee188 and you all a simple question of reasoning.

Say a friend came to your loft, or a stranger with a bird you had lot. Or you travelled to his loft to collect your pigeon. It had been well cared for. Fed and watered and looked after, and was in good condition. You most likely would thank him. Then when leaving he asked you for £1 for looking after your pigeon for the past week. You might think 'Cheeky Git, or be glad to give him or his kid a £1 etc. Would you moan?

Then, later on think, seeing the bird back and happy in the loft... would you be pleased … or still be moaning about that flipping £1?

What is wrong with you ? I am not interested in the £1.45 it’s the principle. I as many will tell you am a truck driver and have liberated loads of pigeons near there owners loft when lost , I have met them half way to return lost birds . I have NEVER taken a ets ring off and I NEVER will . How many have you taken off lost birds ? I just cannot understand why people would do it ? I will look after feed water and trace the owner of every stray I get in . I thought this was just the done thing ? Or am I the one being silly ? Should I remove all ets rings ?

You do not know anything about what I do or what I’ve done with lost birds , but one thing is for sure my morals are totally different from yours .

I would be happy to give the guy £ but I can see his point also Roland I’ve had many a stray in fed it watered it for a few days never once have I thought oh I will take the ets ring off

So how can you, on the other foot, call a fancier for looking after your bird … without being asked. He may, or may not be a pauper, who knows, who cares?

Of course it doesn't mean much or anything … so why post! Why are we wasting time here trying to defend the fancier?

as for principles you, me and all break them every day when it suits! Or are we saying others must live by our principles ---- that we don't lol.

Mind I can, in all honesty see Buffs point of view (Truthfully) … he maybe should have phoned and asked for the £1 45 and then sent by carrier for £40 quid lol. :emoticon-0136-giggle: lol.

So how can you, on the other foot, call a fancier for looking after your bird … without being asked. He may, or may not be a pauper, who knows, who cares?

Of course it doesn't mean much or anything … so why post! Why are we wasting time here trying to defend the fancier?

as for principles you, me and all break them every day when it suits! Or are we saying others must live by our principles ---- that we don't lol.

Mind I can, in all honesty see Buffs point of view (Truthfully) … he maybe should have phoned and asked for the £1 45 and then sent by carrier for £40 quid lol. :emoticon-0136-giggle: lol.

Roland you are losing the plot

You never answered my question, how many ets rings have you removed from strays ?

Some idiots can't see it's not the £1.45!!!

It's the hassle of getting another ETS ring onto the bird again.

Of course the same guys may think the club secretaries have nothing better to do with their time!

Some idiots can't see it's not the £1.45!!!

It's the hassle of getting another ETS ring onto the bird again.

Of course the same guys may think the club secretaries have nothing better to do with their time!

100% correct

You never answered my question, how many ets rings have you removed from strays ?

None. As you mentioned, I phoned if able. Have ALWAYS reported if not. Then arranged the return of the bird or agreed to release near to it's loft. Did take a rubber off, oft times admitted, if I had fed and watered, and felt it would / could clear.

It's like the opposite, If asked it was often refused. Not asked then affronted.

Anyway Buff, I do honestly realise why you are miffed. Yes I understand and agree with you as to why.

But once off the chest I'd wager after a cuppa tea you cared not in the least/ Indeed was pleased to know it was actually fed and watered … and if able and asked would have paid the £1 45p. Even five times.

I understand also that via posting it helped to get it off your chest.

Strange that. A. I agree in sentiment … but .. lol

Take care mate, and if ever my way I'd be pleased to put you up .. even give you a cuppa :P

Gosh 1222 replies eh! :drinking-coffee-200:

Edited by Roland

the queen is a pauper roland ,lets agree she took the ring .

Roland the rat took it pmsl it's good to see fanciers getting on lol

😂😂😂

Roland the rat took it pmsl it's good to see fanciers getting on lol

😂😂😂😂😂ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

😂😂😂

í ½í¸‚í ½í¸‚í ½í¸‚í ½í¸‚í ½í¸‚í ½í±í ½í±

Aye, I've never denied a pigeon helper a cuppa! Indeed always been more than thankful and pleased to.

I will admit I've met a few 'A******, but that occurs in every walk of life.

Had a letter from the East Midland RPRA, on a Tuesday regards a pigeon being reported in Grantham. - Was a place we trained the birds from and had actually just returned from there. No phone number etc. Had been at least 18 months since I lost it.

So on the following Thursday, after releasing my birds, I called around.

The fanciers' wife was perturbed and agitated. Said her husband was at work and to come back when he was!

I could see the loft from the entrance of the house.

I explained I'd lived 60 miles away and as I was here …

So she said, 'I don't think you can have it, as he wants to keep it and It had won Federations with it.

Long story short I eventually got in the loft. MY cock bird sat aside a pair of biggish youngsters.

I was more than annoyed, but left it.

Reasoning was if I took it would only have returned.. and the youngsters would suffer... many thoughts ran through my head.

On arriving I had another letter from the RPRA saying I had been reported for not contacting the fancier regards this stray bird.

My Fed sec wanted to report him I was more than mad … however, I said best be forgotten. That it would only drag on prolong the burning hole in my gut!

I went past that fancier's loft sometimes hoping to catch him … however, common sense prevailed, and the anger subsided.

Was afraid if I confronted him, and he opens his mouth spouting a wrong word I would only have decked him. But then more hassle... Glad, overall I didn't follow that through in any events. Now it is just a story I relate from time to time.

The seething and anger turned to shake of my head and ...

Aye, I've never denied a pigeon helper a cuppa.1 Indeed always been more than thankful and pleased.

Will admit met a few 'A******, but that occurs in every walk of life.

Had a letter from the East Midland RPRA, on a Tuesday regards a pigeon being reported in Grantham. - Was a place we trained the birds from and had actually just returned from there. No phone number etc. Had been at least 18 months since I lost it.

So on the following Thursday, after releasing my birds, I called around.

The fanciers' wife was perturbed and agitated. Said her husband was at work and to come back when he was!

I could see the loft from the entrance of the house.

I explained I'd lived 60 miles away and as I was here …

So she said, 'I don't think you can have it, as he wants to keep it and It had won Federations with it.

Long story short I eventually got in the loft. MY cock bird sat aside a pair of biggish youngsters.

I was more than annoyed, but left it.

Reasoning was if I took it would only have returned.. and the youngsters would suffer... many thoughts ran through my head.

On arriving I had another letter from the RPRA saying I had been reported for not contacting the fancier regards this stray bird.

My Fed sec wanted to report him I was more than mad … however, I said best be forgotten. That it would only drag on prolong the burning hole in my gut!

I went past that fancier's loft sometimes hoping to catch him … however, common sense prevailed, and the anger subsided.

Was afraid if I confronted him, and he opens his mouth spouting a wrong word I would only have decked him. But then more hassle... Glad, overall I didn't follow that through in any events. Now it is just a story I relate from time to time.

The seething and anger turned to shake of my head and ...

Edited by Roland