Is This How It's Going To Be This Season

hotrod

I'm hearing of horrendous returns from transporter training in Fed today. Like 0\1. 3\20. 0\26. 8\104. And one club nothing from 56 birds sent .first birds arrived the back of 12 noon was talking to my mate late last night he still had only 3\20 .that's shocking .I'm just glad I never sent .

In my opinion it's to cold and early .to be even thinking about training.and racing

First race is next week Bob,so folk are training .not me ,I'll see how it is next week see if it seems up a bit .

Next junction after harthill services Andy .think it's called heartlands.?

I went through to Tranent from Carluke and it started with a cold grey sky at Carluke and by the time I got to Shotts the rain came on and it was that way straight through to Tranent this was at 1015 and when I came back it was the same story and I appreciate the racing starts next week and it is up to the individual when they start to train, hope they have all worked in now but it’s the same cold grey sort today in Carluke

Guest mambo

I'm hearing of horrendous returns from transporter training in Fed today. Like 0\1. 3\20. 0\26. 8\104. And one club nothing from 56 birds sent .first birds arrived the back of 12 noon was talking to my mate late last night he still had only 3\20 .that's shocking .I'm just glad I never sent .

That's just south of tams loop quarry where percey lives 2 of them and they patrol that area all day long they cover the campsies, to carluke and Livingstone to rutherglen

Bang on Roland .problem is if we want to compete in nationa!s we have to get them out to a decent distance a few weeks before .if the nationals moved their program a few weeks back then that would solve it .

Bang on Roland .problem is if we want to compete in nationa!s we have to get them out to a decent distance a few weeks before .if the nationals moved their program a few weeks back then that would solve it .

No! is the simple answer, because A. It doesn't suit them too. B. If the members are not concerned why should they be?. Plus a few more.

However, the season in and season out many excuses are put forward regards the losses etc. Come seasons end members sit back and twiddle their thumbs... Not those though that are sitting on their hands.

If clubs told the fed that they NEEDED change and put the proposals in and WENT along to the Fed meetings they would have to do many things to benefit the fancy as a whole and NOT just themselves.

If earlier enough - EVEN now - IF the Nationals were told next season your transporters wouldn't be sitting doing anything In late June, through August BUT in MAY! Later nests in warmer weather (Late March even April) and the National would have to do to suit the fancy and NOT just their pockets and profits,

Still, if Fancy's imagination does the same as last year, and year in and year out AS losses etc. get bigger, then simple reality is that there WILL be more losses year on year.

remember its your money that they are after and taking! Also remember 'He who pays the Piper calls the Tune'!

Well, apparently not!

Edited by Roland

Sorry to hear of such poor returns from your first toss. I've trained birds in less than 1 degrees in December for the Xmas race and never lost a bird. I've timed birds with snow on my veranda in the past . I wouldent blame the cold temperatures for poor returns. In my opinion the reasons for these heavy losses are due to the distance being far too much for unfit birds too early on. Then the visibility was not good throu there on Saturday . Then sounds like Percy played a big part too. I hate to hear of such losses especially before the season has even started. I hope you guys are getting more birds back..

No disrespect Chanter, and you may well have had good returns and success. I don't doubt that for a minute.

But it does remind me how many excuses are prevalent each time a disaster happens.

Now, let's take a poor race controllers job, often slated for allowing them up or holding them over!

If a racing controller had held over for a few days this past weekend and when question why and he replied 'I just felt it would be a bad result somehow... so I've held them back! Can one imagine the hassle and conflab that would no doubt ensue?

'Just who the heck does he think he is'?

'So now he's got a Chrystal ball eh'!

'Well, where I live (140 miles away) the weather was certainly good enough to let them up'.

'[ yeah right! How about us that could get someone to time in for us'!

I know lots more about what would be said too. Indeed no doubt you can all add a few. :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

I see very many reasons put forward on this post already.

Now was a time, I remember it well when many fanciers tried to steal a march and bred early' Why is amazement in its self! But the wise old fellows smiled and just sent an old cock or an experienced hen! just to keep in the averages. I never did personally send til second-week or so in May.

'What they'd laugh, sent in cold weather! Will ruin them for the season'! 'What' titter titter' Send youngster in an East wind lol... that's their season finished!

Have so many that are often spouted AND yet this season I would guarantee, even wager, there will be constant tripe splutter and more silly excuses will abound over more losses and bad races.