Yb Racing, Time For A Change.

Delboy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem lies allover have a look at redrocket post yesterday on birds been slaughtered if that doesn confince people nothing will.

2020 should be the year we fight back to save our sport. I guarantee the sport is finished if we don't. We must have a series of meetings with officialdom over the winter months to sort this mess.

2020 should be the year we fight back to save our sport. I guarantee the sport is finished if we don't. We must have a series of meetings with officialdom over the winter months to sort this mess.

110% RIGHT. Time to start is NOW! Time for few hands to be raised Now, and get some debates going. Pointers to discuss at club level PLUS letting the Feds and the Nationals know too. Let them be told so that they can get IN line when making profits from our money!

Hands Up!

Edited by Roland

Time I feel, we put an yes / no Consensus up, and how fanciers would vote!

Our Sport

Are changes needed? yes/ no

do we have at present committees looking after our birds interest? yes/ no

Do you Care? yes/ no

Do our birds need respecting? yes/ no

Would you support a different race programme yes/ no

Honestly would you attend meeting as such? yes/ no

Remember we can't control the wind … just alter our sails!

Then another put up of would you support ETC WORTHWHILE ideas etc. etc.

Edited by Roland

The crazy thing about the pigeon sport is that fanciers actually think that things will change on their own. They stop racing their ybs to save them from getting hammered by the BOP, this in turn actually is detrimental to them as the birds being stopped are usually sh ite and are bred from the following year, just to breed more sh ite. Its a vicious circle, do the same, get the same!! The only exception to the rule here is if you have a proven family of birds that you know the strength of and are worthy of not needing tested as ybs.

The crazy thing about the pigeon sport is that fanciers actually think that things will change on their own. They stop racing their ybs to save them from getting hammered by the BOP, this in turn actually is detrimental to them as the birds being stopped are usually sh ite and are bred from the following year, just to breed more sh ite. Its a vicious circle, do the same, get the same!! The only exception to the rule here is if you have a proven family of birds that you know the strength of and are worthy of not needing tested as ybs.

100%

Change 100% needed.. the sport needs an overhaul top to bottom

Problem could be sorted in 1 weekend, but too many afraid to get their hands dirty and too many ‘I alright jacks’

I like your post, that's for sure.

maybe Delboy, or such, could put it up so we can get a measure of fanciers thoughts etc.