Shu Stray Centre

davie gullane

Hi folks This is the first week i have birds in the stray centre please please if you have birds with plain SU rings or GB NL NEHU NWHU WHU PUT A PHONE NUMBER RING OR A WING STAMP OR SOME FORM OF IDENTIFICATION ON YER DOOS it maKes it so much easier for me to get your Y/Bs back to you the same week. It was passed at the SHU that all Y/bs should be WING stamped or phone no rings on if not they should not be allowed to race. RPRA members should WING STAMP all their birds A RPRA RULE. I have just reported 17 birds not WING stamped or any form of ID plain SU and GB. If these birds had identification they could possibly have been returned to their owners before being sent to the stray centre. I was asked to verify 2 pigeons that scored at the last national Roye. Mark Doran of Broxburn was 1st section D 8th Open with a pigeon that was handed into Mrs Walton at the Bishop Auckland stray centre i arranged to get the bird back to the SHU stray centre at Broxburn and gave it back to Mark last year. His 3rd section D 14th Open was also returned to Mark via the SHU stray centre as a Y/B . So all you pigeon fanciers that don't want birds from the stray centre because they are full of diseases or are never any good after they have went in else where think again.

Cheers Davie

Hi folks This is the first week i have birds in the stray centre please please if you have birds with plain SU rings or GB NL NEHU NWHU WHU PUT A PHONE NUMBER RING OR A WING STAMP OR SOME FORM OF IDENTIFICATION ON YER DOOS it maKes it so much easier for me to get your Y/Bs back to you the same week. It was passed at the SHU that all Y/bs should be WING stamped or phone no rings on if not they should not be allowed to race. RPRA members should WING STAMP all their birds A RPRA RULE. I have just reported 17 birds not WING stamped or any form of ID plain SU and GB. If these birds had identification they could possibly have been returned to their owners before being sent to the stray centre. I was asked to verify 2 pigeons that scored at the last national Roye. Mark Doran of Broxburn was 1st section D 8th Open with a pigeon that was handed into Mrs Walton at the Bishop Auckland stray centre i arranged to get the bird back to the SHU stray centre at Broxburn and gave it back to Mark last year. His 3rd section D 14th Open was also returned to Mark via the SHU stray centre as a Y/B . So all you pigeon fanciers that don't want birds from the stray centre because they are full of diseases or are never any good after they have went in else where think again.

Cheers Davie

Well said lad

Cheers Davie

the problem is the SHU rule book, RACE RULES page 13, INDIVIDUAL ORGANISATIONS WILL DECIDE WHETHER MEMBERS MAY BE ALLOWED TO RACE YOUNG BIRDS WHICH ARE WEARING REMOVABLE ADDRESS RINGS OR WHICH HAVE BEEN WING STAMPED WITH NAME ,ADDRESS OR TELEPHONE NUMBER, ????

A lot of fanciers caught on the hop Davy. The information regarding wing stamping or ID rings has not filtered down to fancier level. Very poor lines of communication. My club will be stamping from next week. We'll get there eventually. :)

I thought wing stamps or some form of identification ,phone ring etc was a ruling put down ages ago

the problem is the SHU rule book, RACE RULES page 13, INDIVIDUAL ORGANISATIONS WILL DECIDE WHETHER MEMBERS MAY BE ALLOWED TO RACE YOUNG BIRDS WHICH ARE WEARING REMOVABLE ADDRESS RINGS OR WHICH HAVE BEEN WING STAMPED WITH NAME ,ADDRESS OR TELEPHONE NUMBER, ????

yes that's page 13 rule 24 ,

if you read page 14 rule 26.

it states

members of all shu clubs should wingstamp

all their young birds with either

a) a personal tel no or address

b)their club address or name

that any member not complying should not be allowed to race their y/bs

yes that's page 13 rule 24 ,

if you read page 14 rule 26.

it states

members of all shu clubs should wingstamp

all their young birds with either

a) a personal tel no or address

b)their club address or name

that any member not complying should not be allowed to race their y/bs

yes but its confusing . rule 24 and 26, is it not,

yes but its confusing . rule 24 and 26, is it not,

yes rule 24 is not clear

I looks like its giving organisations the option to identify y/bs or not

it could also read that

organisations can decide which method of identification you use

wingstamp or address rings but they must use 1 of them

the latter is what I think it means

all my gb young birds got phone nubers on then none reported so why

I got kingdom birds in last night and there is one with a phone number ring was too late to phone last night will phone it today they will get picked up tomorrow.

Cheers Davie

well said Davey u do a brilliant job getting birds back to the members its upto the members to play their parts by wing stamping ect can all fanciers check for wing stamps regards disease its up to each fancier to check and quarantine their birds until they have treated them before introducing back into their lofts keep up the good work Davey

They need to go into another loft before you have any chance of them being reported.Many birds do not, but just scrounge in the fields to exist and with a bit of luck will turn up on their own days or even weeks later.These are the kind I would prefer.

Archie, this rule has been deleted and no longer stands. The problem is lack of communication. Information is not reaching the fanciers. :)