Rspb

Roland

5th largest land owner with: 324,000 acres

The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) of England, Wales and Scotland is the UK's fifth biggest landowner. The charity has a total of 324,000 acres of farmland, wildlife sanctuaries and more throughout Britain.

Yes i know and they have it over run with Birds of Prey and Badgers both playing their part in the destruction of wild birds large and small as well as the Hedge Hog ,aye they are doing a grand job my ar--,creating a good cushie living for themselves and turning their back on the job they say they premote .

They receive well over a 100 million in donations and wills EACH year!

Mostly from the elderly wills that believe that they are protection their' Garden Birds... And those donations from such that like to see the Peregrine and believe it is a bird close to distinction ...

was member for over 20yrs, stopped 12yrs ago after they chucked us anglers off a lake we stocked and maintained after they bought it for a song, reason given was lead poisoning which we all knew was crap as lead shot had been outdated years before, self absorbed organisation as far as i'm concerned

Anyone noticed that when Daily Newspapers print an adverse story regarding raptors !! The RSPB have retractions and misinformation printed en mass for days after. Daily Newspapers rely not only on sales but advertisement and one of the largest purchase of advertisements is the RSPB.. Letters I have sent to the Editor for inclusion in there Letters Page have so far been unsuccessful and appears to be a waste of time and effort.

Anyone noticed that when Daily Newspapers print an adverse story regarding raptors !! The RSPB have retractions and misinformation printed en mass for days after. Daily Newspapers rely not only on sales but advertisement and one of the largest purchase of advertisements is the RSPB.. Letters I have sent to the Editor for inclusion in there Letters Page have so far been unsuccessful and appears to be a waste of time and effort.

every break for adverts on sky has the do gooders scrounging for funds emoticon-0127-lipssealed.gifemoticon-0127-lipssealed.gif

I have the good fortune to live in a beautiful area of South West Scotland which is popular with tourists anxious to have a glimpse of what is described as the magnificent and increasingly rare Peregrine Falcon ( the tourist board's words not mine)Which is why we are on a hiding to nothing and believe me I have tried.

I have the good fortune to live in a beautiful area of South West Scotland which is popular with tourists anxious to have a glimpse of what is described as the magnificent and increasingly rare Peregrine Falcon ( the tourist board's words not mine)Which is why we are on a hiding to nothing and believe me I have tried.

Witnessed less than two weeks ago Walter

A Red Kite circling directly above your premises

Peregrine back in Town also but only till it goes to nest

kite is no threat, same as buzzards, usually too lazy to chase anything, sparrow hawk and peregrine daily visitors here, trying the flashing lights next week to see if they put them off any