Red Eyed Baby Pigeon

wings

Hi everyone.

Has anybody ever heard of a baby pigeon downless when hatched and has red eyes.? Any information would be great.

Cheers guys

Many many moons ago I bred one with red down to the pupil but it was not a fairy tale ending as it disappeared at the first toss, Sorry but I hope you have better luck with your one.

Hi everyone.

Has anybody ever heard of a baby pigeon downless when hatched and has red eyes.? Any information would be great.

Cheers guys

U prob have a silver ,I've had a few of these over the years .

U prob have a silver ,I've had a few of these over the years .

It looks absolutely fine and reacts to movement, so don't think it's blind. I'm trying to add a photo of it but it says the image is to large. Any ideas how to put up a picture?

WOW.

Not seen this for many a year . As a young lad when I stayed in paisley and had the pouters. I had one pair that always bred red eyes. It was a white cock with blue bar tail and what racing guys will call a silver . :emoticon-0136-giggle: . Used to heat the hens to bursting take them to parkhead and get £10 a hen . :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

WOW.

Not seen this for many a year . As a young lad when I stayed in paisley and had the pouters. I had one pair that always bred red eyes. It was a white cock with blue bar tail and what racing guys will call a silver . :emoticon-0136-giggle: . Used to heat the hens to bursting take them to parkhead and get £10 a hen . :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

The max for a hen now is £15 unless you sell them private and in pairs

Not sure but I think it may have poor sight, not totally blind.

That's classic albino problems, not blind but certainly limited eyesight, true in all albinos including humans. Both parents need to be carriers of the albino genes to produce these so would advise to split the parents to avoid further.

That's classic albino problems, not blind but certainly limited eyesight, true in all albinos including humans. Both parents need to be carriers of the albino genes to produce these so would advise to split the parents to avoid further.

Will definitely split them after this young one

I have bred loads of red eyed young birds in my fancy pigeon days-this will not be an albino -I think that would be a one in a million chance.

The only colour that throws pink eyes in youngsters (and the pink goes away by 10 days) is the colour brown, and its recessive Khaki. Brown can appear in a variety of shades, and can be confused with silver-likewise khaki is often confused with cream.

If neither of the parents are Khaki or brown, then the cock bird will be carrying one of these colours.

As these are the most recessive of the different colour groups, the the youngster will almost certainly be a hen.

If the pink stays in the eye then you have an albino, but i would be surprised.

Neil