Pb Exchange

JohnQuinn

I was thinking that instead of having to pay money to get a decent cross into yer lofts members could exchange birds. Everyone I know buys in birds every year to try to improve his team. Instead of buying we could swap with each other. No quite sure what format it would take but ideally ye could organise a few swaps with different fanciers. Could also have it's own forum (if Archie approves) with those wishing to be part of it put our names on the forum and ye contact the fancier/s with an offer to exchange a pair. If ye get approached but have already agreed with some others then a polite decline should suffice without anyone falling out over it.

Any Thoughts ??

I was thinking that instead of having to pay money to get a decent cross into yer lofts members could exchange birds. Everyone I know buys in birds every year to try to improve his team. Instead of buying we could swap with each other. No quite sure what format it would take but ideally ye could organise a few swaps with different fanciers. Could also have it's own forum (if Archie approves) with those wishing to be part of it put our names on the forum and ye contact the fancier/s with an offer to exchange a pair. If ye get approached but have already agreed with some others then a polite decline should suffice without anyone falling out over it.

Any Thoughts ??

has been tried a couple of times . would need some thought put into it to make it work John . :pidge:

IPPR done it for a short time. It was organised by Alan Baker. They had parameters for joining and a draw was made. You swapped with your draw partner. Something similar could be done to allow fanciers of a level to swap within their own level in attempting to improve to a higher level.

I very much doubt that a National flier would want one of my pigeons, even though they came from other National fliers in the first place. :)

Any Thoughts ??

Did the Social circle not do this years ago.I remember Owen McIvor having a bird which showed up often in the club results and it was a CA ring;when I asked him about it, he said it was a Social Circle exchange bird.

IPPR done it for a short time. It was organised by Alan Baker. They had parameters for joining and a draw was made. You swapped with your draw partner. Something similar could be done to allow fanciers of a level to swap within their own level in attempting to improve to a higher level.

I very much doubt that a National flier would want one of my pigeons, even though they came from other National fliers in the first place. :)

The SNFC held a similar exchange many years ago,same could be done along the lines of above,with those taking part paying say £40 a pair,something most people can afford.

A breeder buyer prize could then be paid out of the money generated.

Did the Social circle not do this years ago.I remember Owen McIvor having a bird which showed up often in the club results and it was a CA ring;when I asked him about it, he said it was a Social Circle exchange bird.

We still do the exchange in the Social Circle with £10 entry and we race for the money but this idea is not to run a competition it's just for the sake of bringing in new stock with no obligation to race the birds exchanged.

We still do the exchange in the Social Circle with £10 entry and we race for the money but this idea is not to run a competition it's just for the sake of bringing in new stock with no obligation to race the birds exchanged.

I agree with your idea John but it seems that nowadays if there is no money in it,nobody is interested.Some of the best doos I ever had were from old friends and cost nothing or a shilling,just to say I had bought them.

Any Thoughts ??

I would be interested if there was any other Irish fanciers willing to take part John.

Any Thoughts ??

What a brilliant idea John.

I would like to exchange 20 of my young birds with G. W. P. :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: . I could up it to 30 to help them out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: