Getting Birds Tested

BANDIT

So most dont get their birds tested and dont treat....is it any wonder there is heavy losses due to ill health...or am i missing something

I would say it's the complete opposite it's the birds that are propped up by over treating that are the problem and my heathy birds have to go into a basket with the crap

The majority of people in my club who do not treat their birds never win either. The winners come from lofts whose owners visit the vet and treat their birds! About 75% of the members of my club use vets and 50% on a regular basis

There is such a thing as neglect, and you cannot go through season after season ignoring a birds health. And that is what not treating your birds is in my eyes - neglect. I don't see it as anything to brag about. JMO

The majority of people in my club who do not treat their birds never win either. The winners come from lofts whose owners visit the vet and treat their birds! About 75% of the members of my club use vets and 50% on a regular basis

There is such a thing as neglect, and you cannot go through season after season ignoring a birds health. And that is what not treating your birds is in my eyes - neglect. I don't see it as anything to brag about. JMO

Doctors advise human beings to resist using antibiotics due to resistance and advise to let most conditions run there course is that neglect or reckless advice not for me common sense,sadly common sense does not seem to prevail in pigeon racing to win meaningless club races IMO,have to add my birds are not pets if they were I would not be in the sport,too many keeping pets in the sport,but each to their own

Yet the powers that be say that Sir Alexander Flemings discovery of penicillin was the single biggest break through in medicine back in 1928

Before antibiotics ppl were dropping like flies for all sorts of illnesses that you wouldn't even think twice about now

Edited by geordie1234

Sorry but that is the biggest load of crap ive heard in my life......NEGLECT ? so if your birds fly 2 hours when let out do they need a vet to check them? If my birds were ill, ide know, and I would use a vet, but until so.....I wont. :drinking-coffee-200:

Yet the powers that be say that Sir Alexander Flemings discovery of penicillin was the single biggest break through in medicine back in 1928

Before antibiotics ppl were dropping like flies for all sorts of illnesses that you wouldn't even think twice about now

What like

Or like what :emoticon-0140-rofl:

syphilis? ...do pigeons suffer from this? said in jest of course lol

Fk knows they seem tae catch everything else pmsl

If it wasn't for antibiotics I would be dead and my daughter at the very least would be minus a leg

Don't believe all you read or hear, minor can very quickly become life threatening - one of the biggest killers these days is sepsis and a failure to recognise it

Thank God I'm not a pigeon.......

Bingo

buying condoms for my pigeons now :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Just fly celibate ye will be fine haha

bursitis, cellulitis syphilis to name a few

[/quote

Thankfully myself or my pigeons have not suffered from any of these conditions so no need for the antis lol,time you took up the golf lol :D

I do play golf was a member at Sandyhills for 6 year

Edited by geordie1234