Salmonella

sparko

Couple of pics of some of my birds ,they dont really look sick so maybe they have the carrier state in them

As far as i know they all carry a certain amount of any of the diseases so they might show up in a thorough testing ,but the only time this can be a problem is under stress so if these pictures are of your birds i would say i cant see a problem

they look well dont they??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as i know they all carry a certain amount of any of the diseases so they might show up in a thorough testing ,but the only time this can be a problem is under stress so if these pictures are of your birds i would say i cant see a problem

they look well dont they??

yes this was a recent photo of some of the birds while i was treating, 3 of them after treatment have not got good droppings (watery) and the other 5 are very good

Hi Sparko, pics of birds look fine to me, maybe you worrying to much as was said all birds have percentage

of disiese anyway so would register positive, did you say weather had changed maybe birds just

ajusting to change jmo, i would let it run its coarse, just clean food + vitimin, alot of things

can upset a birds stomack and afect droppings, but as i said the photos dont show ill birds to me, jmo atb,

Hi Sparko, pics of birds look fine to me, maybe you worrying to much as was said all birds have percentage

of disiese anyway so would register positive, did you say weather had changed maybe birds just

ajusting to change jmo, i would let it run its coarse, just clean food + vitimin, alot of things

can upset a birds stomack and afect droppings, but as i said the photos dont show ill birds to me, jmo atb,

The weather has changed here ,its been down to minus 8 last few days and snow also i have no electricity just battery powered led lights and cannot get electric where the loft is situated.7 of the birds do look fine tbh and the other 1 i just cant get weight on it ,ive been in touch with a respected belgium vet and im going to send some droppings there for analysis before i take any further action as i think it is the best thing to do now rather than treating blind and would like to say thanks to Wiley for the information he gave me and also everyone else for there help too, with me being a noob in the sport every bit of information is very much appreciated so i thank you all and hope you have a great 2015 season :)

try get an experienced fancier to go to your loft and have a look at the birds ,

they may see something that you may not have noticed .

its not easy getting started and at times its hard to know if you are doing the right thing ,

hope you get your problem sorted

atb

anto

Hi Sparko,

I hope all goes well for you. You are doing the right thing getting the droppings tested by an experienced vet. Good luck and best wishes for the future. It is a wonderful hobby that can really test you at times. Enjoy the good times and remember that the trying times will only lead to greater experience.

Wiley will keep you on the right path. I hope you enjoy the Blackpool experience.

All the best,

Paul.

Hi Sparko,

I hope all goes well for you. You are doing the right thing getting the droppings tested by an experienced vet. Good luck and best wishes for the future. It is a wonderful hobby that can really test you at times. Enjoy the good times and remember that the trying times will only lead to greater experience.

Wiley will keep you on the right path. I hope you enjoy the Blackpool experience.

All the best,

Paul.

Thanks Paul

im enjoying every minute of it and really looking forward to Blackpool atb Nick

Just remember your pigeons will always let you know when something is wrong. Observation best thing a doo man can learn. :animatedpigeons::emoticon-0126-nerd:

One thing you can watch out for which is quite difficult to explain but once you've seen it you'll never forget is a pigeon not able to use one wing to its full potential. In flight one wing will be fully extended on the downward motion whilst the other doesn't fully complete this action giving the expression the wing is stiff. This can also be noticed inside the loft when a pigeon fly's up to its box or perch, to the trained ear you can even hear the pigeon putting in extra effort to get airborne.

• 3 weeks later...

8 late breds is all you have Sparky?...its got .*expletive removed* all to do with feed or contamination ..they came to a new loft(i persume) cuz the 8 is all you have.

If they have E-coli, it came with them, not how you keep them or feed them. treat accordingly and you will be grand :)

atb

and happy 2015

Mick

8 late breds is all you have Sparky?...its got .*expletive removed* all to do with feed or contamination ..they came to a new loft(i persume) cuz the 8 is all you have.

If they have E-coli, it came with them, not how you keep them or feed them. treat accordingly and you will be grand :)

atb

and happy 2015

Mick

LOok up E-coli on yer computer every living thing has a certain amount of ecoli and some things can upset the balance ,and yes contaminated food stuff or water does play a large part in this bacteria better educated men than I have worked that out ,also dont treat with an antibiotic as this kills good and bad bacteria Incubation period is 1 to 14 days so if you got the birds in this time scale could have come from where you got them.

atb

and happy 2015

Mick

Yes i think you nailed it mate as the loft where the eggs got hatched in over here is not clean at all tbh green slime in the water container and not cleaned out very often if at all so i got a key off the guy and cleaned it from head to toe and then went in every day cleaning while they was there,he said hes never seen it so clean lol so i reckon that is where the problem came from in his birds feeding my young uns , in my loft i have good versele laga food which is kept in my house also grit and pickstone and every part including the locks, aviary, well everything has been cleaned with virkon s and it is kept spotless as these are all i have to build my team so thats all i have to do ,the good news is it isnt salmonella, anyway i got a list of resistent and sensitive meds that i could use if the droppings are not good which they arnt good (watery)in general so i will have a good think first if i should treat or just get through the winter and see how they are come spring unless there is any change for the worse. ATB Nick p.s it was the best money ive spent getting that culture done :)