snfc

Sorry I was only meaning the motions/decisions that are voted on by all Members attending the AGM!

ie Race Points, Costings and whatever else, etc, etc..............!!

I would think that would come under normal business, the other thing is proxy votes but that opens another can of worms, from what I have read the members are mainly not happy with what happens at the top table and how they are elected  :-/

You will never get it right just as fair as possible is a start :-/

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this is well an good but i was at last AGM and there were`nt many take`rs for the top posts ?? and if memory serves me correct it took some time to get enough members for the managment  comittee, I agree the top table have`nt done too great but it`s like a lot of things in life Try Before You Buy, it`s not easy.

Guest redwhiteblue

How hard can it be to count up members votes, god if its that hard i,ll do it. This is a very important issue that needs the voice of its members be heard. Some of us have jobs that dont allow us the flexibility to get time off. Its ok if your on the doorstep of the agm, but look at the members who have a hell of a long way to travel, and the cost incured fuel wise. Why can the nation have a postal vote, and most of the time problem free, and our national cant. Its not as though there is 1000's of votes to count. Surely this is the fairest way? alex.

Hi Alex Ican agree with you in some ways but not in others for a postal vote to be done you would have to get another organisation to count it up I also agree that the agm should be year about south,north,east and west.

i believe it a,nt worth moaning about if you arnt at the agm then you live with the decisions of the thoughs who can be bothered to go.i have never been to snfc agm and i totally disagree with decisions made by the committee ie pro.Regarding postal voteting i agree those that are genully unable to get to the venue should be able to have there say by post.Thoughs able to go along but just cant be botherd including me should stop moaning and turn up this coming agm.P.S IF YOU SHOUT LOAD ENOUGH YOU WILL BE HERD..

I can see both sides of the Postal Arguement.

It's true that it would be easier for many who are unable to attend the AGM but on the other hand I think it may cause even more Apathy over attending the Meeting.

Let's not forget that the Election of management/commitee members is only one part, all be it a big part, of the AGM.

What about all the other matters that have to be decided upon, would you have to have seperate ballots for every motion/decision being made?

I agree with you. I'd thought that it should be more of a Social event, after all its the 21st Century, folk on 6 hours round trips deserve at least a hot buffet (dead of winter after all) seated at a table ... you know the long type, seating serveral dozen folk at them. Maybe show a dvd or two (not necessarily just pigeons). A decent atmosphere to take in the business of the day...  

I agree with you. I'd thought that it should be more of a Social event, after all its the 21st Century, folk on 6 hours round trips deserve at least a hot buffet (dead of winter after all) seated at a table ... you know the long type, seating serveral dozen folk at them. Maybe show a dvd or two (not necessarily just pigeons). A decent atmosphere to take in the business of the day...  

Noo you your talking sense, S##t cannae believe I said that to you IB  ;D ;D ;D

Guest redwhiteblue

Is it an agm or a night out you're after???  The agm should be in 4 different regions on a rotation basis, the last agm that i was at there was only 1 member from solway

Is it an agm or a night out you're after???  The agm should be in 4 different regions on a rotation basis, the last agm that i was at there was only 1 member from solway

Is that because there is only one member in Solway ;D ;D ;D

Yes the Agm should be rotated :)

agm rotated between west and east most accessible for most members the boys in the north or south should just move house

I think you need to be sensible where you hold the AGM. OK there may be some merit in West and East if its a city-centre venue, which usually have good transport links from East & West, but the likes of Airdrie ain't exactly central or handy for anyone, it's there but it can't be regarded as easily accessible..

Dundee / Perth, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Lockerbie / Dumfries. Handy railway and bus stations and hotels (agm venue) within walking distance of them all.

Not sure about Borders folk travelling to an AGM in the Borders tho, could folk from Gala & east of there get to Lockerbie & Dumfries? Would western borders folk out the Port Road be able to get to Galashiels?

Rotated AGM venues maybe not as easy as it looks?  

I think you need to be sensible where you hold the AGM. OK there may be some merit in West and East if its a city-centre venue, which usually have good transport links from East & West, but the likes of Airdrie ain't exactly central or handy for anyone, it's there but it can't be regarded as easily accessible..

Dundee / Perth, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Lockerbie / Dumfries. Handy railway and bus stations and hotels (agm venue) within walking distance of them all.

Not sure about Borders folk travelling to an AGM in the Borders tho, could folk from Gala & east of there get to Lockerbie & Dumfries? Would western borders folk out the Port Road be able to get to Galashiels?

would it be a hard thing to do a video link in three areas hotel function rooms have that type of facility

No but better than having it in one place or area all the time

Aberdeen/Inverness - North

Edinburgh/Fife - East

Airdrie/Whitburn Central

Glasgow/Lanarkshire - West

Dumfries/Moffat - South

All venues flexible to there area on a five year cycle, taking into account suitable venues, Public transport, roads and popularity of the sport

We used to incorporate it with an event held in the same venue or area, ie Scottish Championships and meeting held after it as all officials and players were there already :-/

airdrie is 4 miles from the main motorwaym8 linking edinburgh and glasgow

and 7 miles from the m74/m73 linking north and south

Brilliant Local Authority Ad for locating the likes of an Asda Distribution Complex, but bit rubbishy for a conference centre, and no doubt off-putting for those who have to travel hours to get there.

Probably know Hermiston Gait, where the M8 M9 M90 and Edinburgh City Bypass all connect. Right there with its own 'ramps' to all of those motorways sits the new Novotel Hotel, don't know if it has a conference suite, but you're right on the motorway for Forth Bridge, Fife Dundee & Aberdeen; Falkirk, Stirling & Perth; M8 for Glasgow & M77 to Ayrshire; Lanarkshire & M74 to western borders; Edinburgh, Lothians and Eastern Borders. Also sits right next to Edinburgh Park railway station on the Edinburgh - Queen Street / Perth / Bathgate lines. Soon to be electrified through Bathgate and Armadale to Airdrie, Coatbridge and Glasgow Queen Street: train every 10 minutes? And one of the Edinburgh tram lines is to come out there too.

And on the Social side, also one for the ladies, some serious RST (Retail Shopping Therapy  :)  )   because it is also on a retail park. So while the men talk the women walk and have some fun with the Plastic.  :)

Guest Gareth Rankin

The Ideal situation would be to have the SNFC presentation night on the Saturday and while the members are there from all over the country they could have the agm at 13.00 on the Sunday.

Don’t know if this is possible but it would save the furthest travellers a journey.

Might be a little too much work for the secretary but would be great weekend for the members.

Point worth noting is that the race program is now decided at the AGM which cuts down the number of journeys required while being an SNFC member.

The Ideal situation would be to have the SNFC presentation night on the Saturday and while the members are there from all over the country they could have the agm at 13.00 on the Sunday.

Don’t know if this is possible but it would save the furthest travellers a journey.

Might be a little too much work for the secretary but would be great weekend for the members.

Point worth noting is that the race program is now decided at the AGM which cuts down the number of journeys required while being an SNFC member.

Great idea but that would mean an overnight stay or a double journey for some and the possibility of pre meeting tactics :)

I think it would be best to have it on Saturday afternoon and the Dance at night :-/

Great idea but that would mean an overnight stay or a double journey for some and the possibility of pre meeting tactics :)

I think it would be best to have it on Saturday afternoon and the Dance at night :-/

then again when theres drink, and agms  and dummy's been spat out    dangerous times