snfc

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 67ghirl

Scott Gibson, at the Dinner/Dance said i was very aggressive, I replied I am not aggressive (That's Eggy's Domain) but I am passionate about things I believe in, and will stand up for others if I believe them to be correct, and my determination does not allow me to be railroaded into something I don't agree with.

Scott Gibson, at the Dinner/Dance said i was very aggressive, I replied I am not aggressive (That's Eggy's Domain) but I am passionate about things I believe in, and will stand up for others if I believe them to be correct, and my determination does not allow me to be railroaded into something I don't agree with.

67 ghirl for President (ok)

I did post to an SHU thread a good while ago that I thought the election system for key Management posts could be improved. I thought then and still believe that election to President, vice-President etc should be based on the UK Government election / Trades Union Executive models, where candidates prepare a brief of their management experience & expertise and set out their proposed agenda for possible improvements to the union / society / classic club, if they are elected.

To ensure that it is the grass roots that are electing individuals into these key posts, ballot papers with all nominations and their candidate profiles are posted out to all members. And the completed ballot papers come back to an independent body for count, e.g. the Electoral Reform Society. Whoever gets elected also gets a mandate for proposed reforms from the grass roots.

I see it being ideal for SNFC. No cliques, no in-fighting, just pure election on the strength of what you say you can and will do, and re-election next time round on the same basis, re-election success determined (probably) on your achievement at reform proving that your given word is your bond..

Definitely the way forward, that is how greats like Tony Benn, Mick McGahey and Arthur Scargill got elected  :) :) :) It's funny how a lot did not agree with them :-/

You will always have arguments and disagreements but if it is done as fair as possible, nothing will be perfect, the masses, the ones that are interested or at least the workers will decide who sits at the top tables

Guest redwhiteblue

Definitely the way forward, that is how greats like Tony Benn, Mick McGahey and Arthur Scargill got elected  :) :) :) It's funny how a lot did not agree with them :-/

You will always have arguments and disagreements but if it is done as fair as possible, nothing will be perfect, the masses, the ones that are interested or at least the workers will decide who sits at the top tables

Totally disagree with all of this who's going to cout up these postal ballots they can't find a pigeon far less count a thousand!!  If you want to make a vote get yourself along to the agm

Independent scrutineers, not perfect but the fairest way :-/

And it would provide a link between the ordinary fancier and the top table again.

AGMs (not just in pigeons) can be easily hi-jacked. Factions have tried it in the past by getting their backers to attend by the bus-load.

There's a lot of people who just can't get to an AGM, there's also a lot of apathy, all of which are opinions that remain unheard by the top table and the floor alike. On the other hand, everybody has a letter box. Everybody is within reach of a post box. Their vote is only a franked pre-addressed envelope away.

Totally disagree with all of this who's going to cout up these postal ballots they can't find a pigeon far less count a thousand!!  If you want to make a vote get yourself along to the agm

How hard can it be to count up members votes, god if its that hard i,ll do it. This is a very important issue that needs the voice of its members be heard. Some of us have jobs that dont allow us the flexibility to get time off. Its ok if your on the doorstep of the agm, but look at the members who have a hell of a long way to travel, and the cost incured fuel wise. Why can the nation have a postal vote, and most of the time problem free, and our national cant. Its not as though there is 1000's of votes to count. Surely this is the fairest way? alex.

Guest 67ghirl

I can see both sides of the Postal Arguement.

It's true that it would be easier for many who are unable to attend the AGM but on the other hand I think it may cause even more Apathy over attending the Meeting.

Let's not forget that the Election of management/commitee members is only one part, all be it a big part, of the AGM.

What about all the other matters that have to be decided upon, would you have to have seperate ballots for every motion/decision being made?

I can see both sides of the Postal Arguement.

It's true that it would be easier for many who are unable to attend the AGM but on the other hand I think it may cause even more Apathy over attending the Meeting.

Let's not forget that the Election of management/commitee members is only one part, all be it a big part, of the AGM.

What about all the other matters that have to be decided upon, would you have to have seperate ballots for every motion/decision being made?

Naw, once the the elected members are in office they would do the day to day running of the organisation, if they do not do their job as they say they would then they would be ousted the next year.

Everyone thinks they are good at the job untill they get it and everyone backs you you till you get it ;D ;D ;D

yes, I keep saying, members complain about certain rules etc, well its them that can change them, its them that make the rules in the first place,

Aye but everybody can put forward ideas and if enough agree then the option is there to change them or it remains status quo :-/