Lanarkshire and SNFC

Guest vander mungo

spot on jocky, imagine the cheek of this man using 2 oap,s as a excuse for no wanted to pay the same birdage as them probably had a couple of birds each. woul,dnt have walked out our club we would have paid them for them.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Here is a true story that happened at the SNFC Newbury marking station Newmains 2009

2 OAPs came in with there pigeons on finding out they were going to be charged £1.00 per bird

they asked for there pigeons back and went away totally disgusted

You Mr Rankin and others who support the SNFC over Lanarkshire should be throughly ashamed

of them selfs to deprive 2 OAPs the joy of racing there pigeons

Cheers

Homer 49

still trying to follow your logic homer49 but will keep trying. :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

sad he waits nearly a year to share that story

tell you what some decent guys up in newmains i bet they would not have stood back and allowed it to happen or would have let it be known

bigda you out of order or was it homer  much the sameness

two trouble makers of the highest

no, not trouble maker, righteous  the baskets belong to me and the fed  and we are entitled to ask  a fee for there hire or a reduction for none members. They used  there club huts.   the Nat  had no scruples, when billing     why should  we.   And if homer says its a true story  then its a true story . no one bothered.

Hi

Here is a true story that happened at the SNFC Newbury marking station Newmains 2009

2 OAPs came in with there pigeons on finding out they were going to be charged £1.00 per bird

You Mr Rankin and others who support the SNFC over Lanarkshire should be throughly ashamed

Cheers

Homer 49

You are a vindictive auld man.  Shame on yourself for mentioning such a thing on an open forum :B :B :B YOU HAVE EMBARRASSED THESE TWO GENTLEMEN. >:(

Guest Gareth Rankin
Hi

Cheers

Homer 49

Sad, very sad Homer, using 2 old men as a excuse,

2009 you were all for joint convoying between fed and national now all of a sudden after a Ypres 440 mile race were most of the fanciers were in on the shift you sent 16 and got none :B :B. Look closer to home before you start using the oap's.

gents i find this disgusting that 2 old age fanciers did not get their birds away due to birdage costs  and i do not think for one moment something could have been done there and then and for the future  we will all be old one day

to use this as aweapon against the SNFC is bang out of order i think homer you need to hang your head in shame and so should their club members for letting this happen

you guys seem to forget this is a sport not world war 3  this needs putting to bed once and for all  

and i like many others hope that  things are put in motion so this disgusting thing never happens again  JMO

Hi

Cheers

Homer 49

Think if my memory serves me correctly non SNFC members birdage was 75p or 80p for the Newbury race, but I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong with ALL the knowledge & TRUTH that's at your disposal  ;)

no, not trouble maker, righteous  the baskets belong to me and the fed  and we are entitled to ask  a fee for there hire or a reduction for none members. They used  there club huts.   the Nat  had no scruples, when billing     why should  we.   And if homer says its a true story  then its a true story . no one bothered.

There's as much truth in homer's stories as there is in yours ;D

Guest Gareth Rankin

Think if my memory serves me correctly non SNFC members birdage was 75p or 80p for the Newbury race, but I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong with ALL the knowledge & TRUTH that's at your disposal  ;)

The SNFC charge was only 75p  ;)

Guest lenwadebob

no its not its the script from the new take the high road  ;D

My apologies I thought someone had found an old copy of the Beano  ;D ;D ;D. I seem to remember reading it all before  :P

My apologies I thought someone had found an old copy of the Beano  ;D ;D ;D. I seem to remember reading it all before :P

That's the unfortunate thing Bob, they have a bee in their bonnet and feel the need to keep fabricating stories bringing it up, but hopefuly we'll get there eventually ;)

short memories the lot of you think back to the 90s when the reverend sam ovens was president of national and he wanted all feds to be convoyed with the national then  ;)what was the result ????? it got threw out and who was the no1 intigator of getting it threw out LANARKSHIRE  and they has as much money in the bank then as they do now and further to this the last race in the lanarkshire federation had pools and prize monies to the value of 10,000 pound ,not another fed in the country outside nationals could give its membership a race that had very rich pickins and a thing that as far as i hear is very sadly a thing of the past  ;)

short memories the lot of you think back to the 90s when the reverend sam ovens was president of national and he wanted all feds to be convoyed with the national then  ;)what was the result ????? it got threw out and who was the no1 intigator of getting it threw out LANARKSHIRE  and they has as much money in the bank then as they do now and further to this the last race in the lanarkshire federation had pools and prize monies to the value of 10,000 pound ,not another fed in the country outside nationals could give its membership a race that had very rich pickins and a thing that as far as i hear is very sadly a thing of the past  ;)

well said that man  ;D

think if you took a vote on how many  there where on the committee who are nat minded  you would find it was not democracy at all,  more like mob rule  :o ;D

Danny,it has got nothing to do with nat minded councillors at the shu appeal meeting, a democratic vote to go with the SNFC was taken and won at Lanarkshire Feds race programme agm. Because someone then decided that they did not agree with this majority they then took this to an shu appeal meeting where they lost again, meaning that democracy was the winner in both instances.

Davie

dont think you have nailed this one wings,only convoying facilities, remember you pay birdage to fed and club for results, open prize money, trophies fed results etc,but to pay 40% more just for a hurl is not right. :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ have a think about it. ;)

John

I am a member of 2 clubs in Lanarkshire, birdage in one is 40p in the other 45p and only beaten by one vote at club agm to be 50p, as you know your birdage was set by lanarks Fed at 55p with your entries being through LSC of which we are both members, i dont get the we are being charged 40% more that you are claiming.If my memory is correct clubs are now charged £10:50 per basket for a minimum of 24 and a max of 28 birds, but if you have 2 short baskets with say 6 birds in each you still have to pay £21:00 pounds to convoy 6 cocks and six hens,result being clubs now have to budget and set their birdage to cover this potential loss, and if they are not then they are on the road to financial ruin.

Davie

listen,lads in the past ayrshire fed was the bigest in scotland and thought on the same lines ,as big lanarkshire.but those days are gone now,so we are glad to go with other feds or SNFC.or take other feds with us to keep costs down to the clubs and the fancier.someday with the decline in the amount people leaving the sport,big lanarkshire will have to go down the same lines as we did,and many feds before us
someone with a bit of vision, my own sentiments exactly.

Davie

;D ;D

Sad, very sad Homer, using 2 old men as a excuse,

2009 you were all for joint convoying between fed and national now all of a sudden after a Ypres 440 mile race were most of the fanciers were in on the shift you sent 16 and got none :B :B. Look closer to home before you start using the oap's.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D