SNFC Maidstone

clockman

the birds are away in the baskets, talk about shutting the gate when the horse has bolted comes to mind

:emoticon-0140-rofl:

Your comment is a distortion of fact or you are incapable of reading and understanding the eye witness accounts on here. The President attended at Newhouse during the incident; a vet was called; veterinary advice was given; a 24 hour monitoring period was put in place after which another veterinary visit is to be made and further advice given. 7pm tonight is after the 24 hour period when all the details will be made known to the Committee and a decision reached on all the known information - and that will be communicated and implemented well before liberation time... when the gates open.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Gareth Rankin

So we're is the report from the vets test this morning .i will repeat the cock baskets

Cannot be affected they were filled from the watering can witch was filled from the tap

don't know how accurate that is, as a fancier was putting one of your fellow club members doos through, and commented what a cracking pied cock it was, later had a look and the cocks head was covered in diesel. Remember Gulkie, the hens and cock baskets are all mixed together, so would find it hard so see how a cock basket couldn't have got watered when it was next to a hen basket. JMO

Personally i think they should have went through the basket list and asked the members with the birds in them if they wanted to withdraw there birds just incase it was harmful , to carry on and send them without members being given the choice is a fekn disgrace . I hope all the birds are ok and this bloody incompetance never ever happens again .

spot on shambles how its been delt with no blaming the person involved he is just doing a job but the snfc ??

It's been mentioned many a time on here about the marking station at new/ green/house , I was told that it was like an oven for Newbury race marking , surely the snfc committee could arrange a better place than this also lessons should be learned about the water water/cans , no use blaming someone oly trying to help , but think it could have been handled better and as others have said members of the concerned pigeons should have had the option to remove them from the race prior to lib and all

money's returned

Totally agree with everything you've said also they should have one person filling the drinkers it's a shame it's taken something like this to happen for them to learn there lesson :animatedpigeons:

don't know how accurate that is, as a fancier was putting one of your fellow club members doos through, and commented what a cracking pied cock it was, later had a look and the cocks head was covered in diesel. Remember Gulkie, the hens and cock baskets are all mixed together, so would find it hard so see how a cock basket couldn't have got watered when it was next to a hen basket. JMO

I will refrase that the top tier was watered from the watering can.Garith I think u will find

That the top tier were all cocks.

I will refrase that the top tier was watered from the watering can.Garith I think u will find

That the top tier were all cocks.

Wullie mate the top tear was where it was noticed and the pigeons all dirty then they saw the skin or oil on the drinkers me and Davie MCgaig emptying and the smell was very strong. there was another couple off fanciers there I don't know who but they noticed it. And yes the top tear was cocks at the at the part i was it 3 baskets wide 3 high

i cant beleve some of the coments on her the men working to pout the doos through desrve a medal the lenth of time thay pout in its not thare fault the venue is crap and i dont think thares a man on her that hasent made a mistake i do feel sorry for members whos doos are caught up in this the option is this take the basket numbers and the ring numers of the doos thats in them and see how thay get on at the race ie percentage of them that get home compared to the rest of the convoy this should let us no if thay have been afected and if 1 wins the race whe should be looking at giving them the same for the rest of the races all the best delboy must have doos in these baskets hes had every thing els lol

An update on my previous post re SNFC Committee Emergency Meeting tonight:

following a favourable update on the affected group birds' condition this morning (they are fine) this meeting has been cancelled. The birds are en route to MAIDSTONE where a second veterinary check by a second vet (who is independent of the first) will take place before the liberation.

There will be an informatory item put up later on the SNFC Website.

Cruelty..... cruelty is indifference to suffering and even pleasure in inflicting it!!!

I'm sure this isn't the case here so why do you insist on trying to persecute someone that obviously made an honest mistake and continue to bring the SNFC down and any and every opportunity??

Personaly, if my birds were involved I would be concerned about the situation but if the vet gives them the okay then that would do for me. I'm sure the SNFC will do whatever needs done if there is a reaction with the birds at the racepoint, after all the panniers are marked!!

Your out of order brandishing this word cruelty about ,the person had his own birds in the baskets

Along with mine and there is no way he tried to cause pain and suffering on them ,after spending

So much to send them ,the watering can was bought that night from the nursery shop by Andrew

M.kee.( spelling).

Let me get this straight I never said the guy in question was to blame as I have already stated on here. What was cruel was the going on afterwards. The birds should have been removed if the owners wished and not taken to Maidstone.

The guy in question made a genuine mistake. As for the snfc "bringing it down" the people in charge are doing that job.

following a favourable update on the affected group birds' condition this morning (they are fine) this meeting has been cancelled. The birds are en route to MAIDSTONE where a second veterinary check by a second vet (who is independent of the first) will take place before the liberation.

In this situation I think the snfc is doint the best it possible can do

Would love to have read your views if your doos were in the basket bonkle tam

i would have asked for min to be removed you had the option to doo the same but you wonted them to go for the chance thay would be ok and to win the race you cant have your cake and eat it geo its the members who left and dident have the chance to take thare doos home that should be more upset not you because you had the option cheers lol

:emoticon-0137-clapping: , :emoticon-0137-clapping:

i would have asked for min to be removed you had the option to doo the same but you wonted them to go for the chance thay would be ok and to win the race you cant have your cake and eat it geo its the members who left and dident have the chance to take thare doos home that should be more upset not you because you had the option cheers lol

I didny have the chance the basket's got sealed then everyone ran about like headless chickens. I'm bothered anyway a heard it's vpower diesel so they should be up the road in jig time

Tam the guys were not given the option. which was wrong.

The blame only lies with the SNFC end off they are responsible certainley no volunteer is

So who are you actually blaming then. An official or committee member(also volunteers by the way) who is maybe 50 or 100 miles away. It is an unfortunate incident of human error from which no doubt lessons will be learned. I do agree however that the members whos birds were affected should have been given the chance to withdraw their birds. As for cancelling the race...dream on!!!

Me personally I'm delighted that the birds are all right my birds were in those baskets and

As I said the blame cannot and should not be laid at anyone's door .everyone taking part

In the basketing do a grand job .good luck to everyone taking part in the race. :emoticon-0123-party: :emoticon-0123-party:

So who are you actually blaming then. An official or committee member(also volunteers by the way) who is maybe 50 or 100 miles away. It is an unfortunate incident of human error from which no doubt lessons will be learned. I do agree however that the members whos birds were affected should have been given the chance to withdraw their birds. As for cancelling the race...dream on!!!

It has to be the guys in charge they hold all responsibility do they not?? But yes it was an accident but it's an accident that should not have happened but someone will always be held accountable in any walk of life.

I do think the snfc has now done the best it can do regarding vets etc but if having the choice at the marking I would have taking my doos home

atb