clockman

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest chad3646

I hope the race and its winners are not blighted by this strange event.

it is obvious what the outcome will be, if certain ones dont get on the result

Guest chad3646

just in from work and reading this post unbeleivable there is no way they can let doos fly home from 360ml that have drank poison from a drinker never heard the like of it. if its 15 to 20 baskets thats a lot of doos they shurely can not let doos go that this has happened to and i know my doos are in the baskets that are affected and i dont want them took to the racepoint .how the hell can a vet tell if the doos are ok can he see inside it the damage that could be done fkng no real anybody can make a mistake but this is a major fk up and a can not believe so called doo men cracking jokes on the site about it disgracefull :mad: :mad:

Personally i think they should have went through the basket list and asked the members with the birds in them if they wanted to withdraw there birds just incase it was harmful , to carry on and send them without members being given the choice is a fekn disgrace . I hope all the birds are ok and this bloody incompetance never ever happens again .

Edited by stb-

Good luck to all.

Concerning situation with the drinking water, a veterinarian has examined the birds (from what I am reading) and will do so again. Comments regarding animal cruelty are way out of order and those bandying that kind of phrase about on a public forum should think first before doing so.

Maybe they have an agenda?

In the interests of safety I would have thought the baskets concerned would be withdrawn to avoid any accusations after the race but this will obviously be down to the committee and clubs/fanciers concerned.

Flying doos is hard enough, some of the comments on here smack of politics rather than concern. As for the comments about the marking station - hindsight is a wonderful thing. Maybe someone in the area can volunteer an alternative clubhouse for the next races...?

Again best of luck to all

Good luck to all.

Concerning situation with the drinking water, a veterinarian has examined the birds (from what I am reading) and will do so again. Comments regarding animal cruelty are way out of order and those bandying that kind of phrase about on a public forum should think first before doing so.

Maybe they have an agenda?

In the interests of safety I would have thought the baskets concerned would be withdrawn to avoid any accusations after the race but this will obviously be down to the committee and clubs/fanciers concerned.

Flying doos is hard enough, some of the comments on here smack of politics rather than concern. As for the comments about the marking station - hindsight is a wonderful thing. Maybe someone in the area can volunteer an alternative clubhouse for the next races...?

Again best of luck to all

Yes think they should have been offered the option to withdraw there birds . I only got home late tonight and was shocked to read about this.

lesson in future best to have own water containers . Just a well it wasnt paraquat or somthing in the container as could have ended up worse

It's been mentioned many a time on here about the marking station at new/ green/house , I was told that it was like an oven for Newbury race marking , surely the snfc committee could arrange a better place than this also lessons should be learned about the water water/cans , no use blaming someone oly trying to help , but think it could have been handled better and as others have said members of the concerned pigeons should have had the option to remove them from the race prior to lib and all money's returned .

My agenda is to look after the birds. I don't have any birds anymore but how can it not be cruel.?

Cruelty..... cruelty is indifference to suffering and even pleasure in inflicting it!!!

I'm sure this isn't the case here so why do you insist on trying to persecute someone that obviously made an honest mistake and continue to bring the SNFC down and any and every opportunity??

Personaly, if my birds were involved I would be concerned about the situation but if the vet gives them the okay then that would do for me. I'm sure the SNFC will do whatever needs done if there is a reaction with the birds at the racepoint, after all the panniers are marked!!

If it's not there birds they don't give a two *expletive removed*s Davie as long as they get a race. Animal cruelty springs to mind.

Your out of order brandishing this word cruelty about ,the person had his own birds in the baskets

Along with mine and there is no way he tried to cause pain and suffering on them ,after spending

So much to send them ,the watering can was bought that night from the nursery shop by Andrew

M.kee.( spelling).

The only prob for me is does this mean a vet is gonny be handling and poking about my doos before a lib?? If there is a sick doo in a basket and anyone puts there hand in that basket it will stand too attention.

PS It was not 15 baskets it was 26 me and Cullen saw the list of the baskets that had to be sealed with our own eyes FACT.

Your out of order brandishing this word cruelty about ,the person had his own birds in the baskets

Along with mine and there is no way he tried to cause pain and suffering on them ,after spending

So much to send them ,the watering can was bought that night from the nursery shop by Andrew

M.kee.( spelling).

gurkie if the watering can was bought that night from shop how did it have diesel in it ?

gurkie if the watering can was bought that night from shop how did it have diesel in it ?

There was a 5 gallon drum that was filled with water to fill the watering can up with I can only presume this may have had the chemical whatever it was in it then topped up with water

Charlie the watering can did not have diesel in it : fact the cock birds that were watered with the new can

It was the container the guys used to refill the watering can that was at fault if they had persisted and used

The tap to fill the can then there would be no problem.So the cock birds are not affected there are very few

Baskets affected certalnly not 20 baskets I seen a hen in the second tier come to the drinker but did not

Drink ,if that means anything?

Charlie the watering can did not have diesel in it : fact the cock birds that were watered with the new can

It was the container the guys used to refill the watering can that was at fault if they had persisted and used

The tap to fill the can then there would be no problem.So the cock birds are not affected there are very few

Baskets affected certalnly not 20 baskets I seen a hen in the second tier come to the drinker but did not

Drink ,if that means anything?

The cocks infront of our table some had black faces and this is were it was infact discovered. Then every drinker was emtptied

I got back from Bo'ness after midnight so only saw this thread this morning. I have only the minimum of details on the incident so cannot comment on any of the things mentioned here ... just to let folks know an Emergency Meeting of the SNFC Management Committee at 7pm tonight to discuss this issue was arranged last night.

Guest chad3646

I got back from Bo'ness after midnight so only saw this thread this morning. I have only the minimum of details on the incident so cannot comment on any of the things mentioned here ... just to let folks know an Emergency Meeting of the SNFC Management Committee at 7pm tonight to discuss this issue was arranged last night.

the birds are away in the baskets, talk about shutting the gate when the horse has bolted comes to mind

:emoticon-0140-rofl: