Heaters During Racing

Guest snowy2011

Guest H@wkBait

ul make em soft with all yer heating they arent tropical plants there simply pigeons that you want to compete in a hard race not ones that will feel the cold and look for the nearest heat source lol i know a boy does alot of shooting and he keeps his dogs in kennels with no heating and only a rubber mat for bedding his idea is that he cant expect a dog to jump in to icy water at 6 in the morning thats been cuddled up to a heater all night

ul make em soft with all yer heating they arent tropical plants there simply pigeons that you want to compete in a hard race not ones that will feel the cold and look for the nearest heat source lol i know a boy does alot of shooting and he keeps his dogs in kennels with no heating and only a rubber mat for bedding his idea is that he cant expect a dog to jump in to icy water at 6 in the morning thats been cuddled up to a heater all night

Frank Tasker used heaters in his loft??????

I think they can be a great thing used at the correct times, personally coming up to the big races I want my loft hot as possible

Guest H@wkBait

only time i look for heaters for my pigeons is at any shows i attend i like my basket by the heater to bring out the bloom lol n having a loft as hot as possible isnt a good idea ur birds will be moulting in no time when i see my birds coming on form i stop training n shut the cages down on landing boards 4 bit extra heat n it seems to do the trick no need for heating regardless of what frank done

Its all about expending energy, pigeons regulate their temperature by opening/closing their feathers so this crap about making them tough by keeping them in an aviary is nonsense.Have you ever been in a loft when its minus 10degrees, the birds look perfect.Therefore the cold doesnt affect them BUT it does burn up energy, hence them eating like fk in the winter.Thats why it is advisable, but not essential, to make them as comfy as poss after a race to aid recovery and SAVE ENERGY.

A lot of people say its to bring on form but as a lot of you have said its more about recovery than anything.

their got to be truth in that as my 1st loft in to form is steel and fiber glass roof so it is a warmer loft and birds in it show form 1st

Its all about expending energy, pigeons regulate their temperature by opening/closing their feathers so this crap about making them tough by keeping them in an aviary is nonsense.Have you ever been in a loft when its minus 10degrees, the birds look perfect.Therefore the cold doesnt affect them BUT it does burn up energy, hence them eating like fk in the winter.Thats why it is advisable, but not essential, to make them as comfy as poss after a race to aid recovery and SAVE ENERGY.

SPOT ON.

Guest H@wkBait

use some of the recovery products and save energy by not costing yersel more electric and making pigeons soft whats the rest the birds in the loft that werent at the race getting heat for seems there getting a free heat

use some of the recovery products and save energy by not costing yersel more electric and making pigeons soft whats the rest the birds in the loft that werent at the race getting heat for seems there getting a free heat

Although I will defend your right to free speech I do not know how you can make derisive comments on something you know absolutely nothing about.

Hi

Top and correct answer 9.9/10 :emoticon-0140-rofl:

Cheers

Homer 49

Guest H@wkBait

i know pigeons dont need central heating if they did we would have had it in our loft 30 years ago make soft birds u reap what u sow u dont wqant your birds moulting or hitting form too quick n dont turn it up too much ul end up with hard boiled eggs! :)

Winning pigeons need Very little recovery time, late comers may be different but your winner one week will be the late comer from the week before, especially with Yb's. So IMO, good food, a well ventilated loft and peace to rest is sufficient for them to recover from week to week in the shorter races and fortnightly for the longer races.

Winning pigeons need Very little recovery time, late comers may be different but your winner one week will be the late comer from the week before, especially with Yb's. So IMO, good food, a well ventilated loft and peace to rest is sufficient for them to recover from week to week in the shorter races and fortnightly for the longer races.

All above is true but you were saying heaters were basically madness in any loft.I think different John.By the way, I dont use heaters in my loft as often as I would like to but would if I could afford it.