Snfc Region Changes

Guest stb-

That's ma whole point Davy, the Committee told Phil that their members had no appetite for this but he went ahead anyway, that's wrong to me and anyone other wise minded is entitled to their point but the Committee told him this was a divisive issue with no support and he didnae listen, that's my worry for the future, nothing else cos Phil is a GOOD man and as much as i disagreed with him he WAS entitled to his opinion but when a whole committee are telling you your wrong(the vote bore this out) then he should be listening to the committee and should have withdrawn his proposal.

John was there a new management committe picked from what i could make out yourself and another were not returning but not sure what happend as it seemed to be by passed :emoticon-0167-beer:

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye Peter ALL members are entitled to put any proposal forward BUT the President is no ORDINARY member and as such should keep away from controversy and should LISTEN to the men that the members have elected to represent their feelings, Phil dfidnae listen.

Asm for me "spouting", I'm a member too and am entitled to say what i wish at any meeeting ESPECIALLY matters that have opreviously been disciussed between 15 good men Elected to pass on the feelings/idea's of their particular area and that is what i !SPOUTED" as you put it.

Well John,

I do believe Ian Brown has just put your post to bed and I am not going to add to it..

couldnt manage to the meeting today as i had to work but im glad common sense preveiled could somebody put up the race program and dates for the coming season all the best to all snfc members in 2013

davy its as on the proposed races and dates on your agm data .

longest tours going with mnfc

Well John,

I do believe Ian Brown has just put your post to bed and I am not going to add to it..

Peter, your forgeting Johns the reprasentative for his area and im sure he has spoken to loads of the members and would not be spouting pishe about a mass exodus from his area. The fact was if the proposal had went through

as gareth rankin said the other night , there would be an exodus akin to the breakawy to the snrpc do you not think this has been well discussed

in his own area previous to the agm and the fellings of the members known.

Its no hard to find out the fellings of snfc members in ones own area. :animatedpigeons:

Perhaps if you were not being so disruptive you would have heard what was said. I did and am not informing you.

It certainly wasnt voted on thats for sure just as a few other things were by passed aswell . I dont think there was much disruption at all Peter until members were being forced to watch the afternoon matinee on the big screen :emoticon-0167-beer:

Peter, your forgeting Johns the reprasentative for his area and im sure he has spoken to loads of the members and would not be spouting pishe about a mass exodus from his area. The fact was if the proposal had went through

as gareth rankin said the other night , there would be an exodus akin to the breakawy to the snrpc do you not think this has been well discussed

in his own area previous to the agm and the fellings of the members known.

Its no hard to find out the fellings of snfc members in ones own area. :animatedpigeons:

Thats very true but did John and Gareth tell them all that they would still have to pay their SNFC subscriptions for 2013 and if they decided not to then they would have been debt suspended and would not be racing pigeons anywhere ? I think not..Donkeys years ago if you did not pay your subscription by a certain date you were deemed to have resigned from the SNFC however it has been registered with the SHU that resignations must be in the hands of the Secretary PRIOR to the SNFC AGM !! Noo thats a different baw game.

Thats very true but did John and Gareth tell them all that they would still have to pay their SNFC subscriptions for 2013 and if they decided not to then they would have been debt suspended and would not be racing pigeons anywhere ? I think not..

peter its not hard to send your £30 with a letter of resighnation for the following year and race elswere in 2013. i know a good lot well prepared to do just that . If the proposal was about trying to help the disadvantaged guys in ayrshire , then they would have been given a far west section and the rest left as were . This not being the case as i have already proved ayrshire lads can hold there own against any in the west sect jut look at some of there top results they speak for themselves.

This was done to remove a lot of east sections east of the primary school and add loads more from the west to put the primary school in pole position . Helping the poor guys in the far west just doseny wash as as i have just said they could have been given a far west section of all lofts west of the clyde in glasgow ImO :emoticon-0167-beer:

It certainly wasnt voted on thats for sure just as a few other things were by passed aswell . I dont think there was much disruption at all Peter until members were being forced to watch the afternoon matinee on the big screen :emoticon-0167-beer:

Maybe we wouldent have had the matinee if yis had hauf a brain an could unnersaun the map yi wur gaen in yir envelope LOL

Maybe we wouldent have had the matinee if yis had hauf a brain an could unnersaun the map yi wur gaen in yir envelope LOL

we knew what was envolved no hard to find 2 lines on a map either side of 4.9 :emoticon-0167-beer:

Aye Walter yir certainly on the ball but please get yor facts correct. Sunrise in Paris 28th June 05.50 which is the time the sun comes ower the horizon. Wi dinnae hae bats that can flee in the dark...

y that when welsh feds can let them up at 5 am peter

all the excitments over for another year , time to get on with looking forward to some descent races this yr and hopefully some descent weather to boot . :emoticon-0167-beer: all the best to all snfc members :emoticon-0167-beer:

Guest chad3646

peter pan fit kin a brain hiv ye ive worked ower in france in bloody june in a ken the birds can go up at 5am ony time in june july if weather is good is that asking to much ?

BANG ON AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO GIVE THE BIRDS A CHANCE

Looks as if Danny has already made a name for himself on PIGEON BASICS. I would like to see him making a name for himself in the SNFC or LANARKSHIRE FED that's where the real pigeon men are.

THAT,S WHERE THE REAL PIGEON MEN WERE

Guest chad3646

Can’t say I was impressed at all. I knew from threads on here that a lot of people were not happy with the Region proposal, but that was no reason for the behaviour witnessed at the meeting. Everyone has a right to his and her opinion, yet there were some happy to see the man de-selected as President for voicing his. But naebody got killed in the rush to take his place, although the rumour mill had said there was someone ready and waiting to do that. The Committee are only human so can’t get it right all the time, witness the past management committee proposals put forward to the membership for the AGM that have been voted down by the membership at the meeting. He put his idea forward as a member and he is entitled to do that. He was also entitled to be heard, and when his time came, they didn’t want to hear anything he had to say – they wanted to go straight to a vote.

On a positive note I’m glad to see all race program proposals now being required to be notified in advance. We might have a chance of clearly understanding what is being proposed. Today I’d bother making out whether Newbury was being dropped in favour of another racepoint, but it turned out to be the race itself, and when Maidstone got the same treatment it was clear there was an agenda to drop the Inland Nationals – despite these being very popular – and funnily enough despite overwhelming support for keeping them at last AGM – yet the same came out this year again. Seems some can push what they think is right at more than one AGM, but if anybody else does so, he’s for the chop. Talk about double standards…

I hope the marking & transport arrangements will be looked at afresh by the committee. Delayed marking when weather forecasts are rubbish is a must – that’s what every Scottish Fed does - apart from Lanarkshire. 1 transporter going down the road when only 1 is needed is a must. Getting to the channel race point a lot faster and cheaper is a must, and I for one am not against joint convoying with any other Organisation, provided we have agreement that the birds are also liberated together. And feeding and watering the birds on 3 sides – outside the basket – is a must. Need to get a prototype basket of this type built in plastic, and /or aluminium.

THANKLESS JOB SIMPLE AS

Can’t say I was impressed at all. I knew from threads on here that a lot of people were not happy with the Region proposal, but that was no reason for the behaviour witnessed at the meeting. Everyone has a right to his and her opinion, yet there were some happy to see the man de-selected as President for voicing his. But naebody got killed in the rush to take his place, although the rumour mill had said there was someone ready and waiting to do that. The Committee are only human so can’t get it right all the time, witness the past management committee proposals put forward to the membership for the AGM that have been voted down by the membership at the meeting. He put his idea forward as a member and he is entitled to do that. He was also entitled to be heard, and when his time came, they didn’t want to hear anything he had to say – they wanted to go straight to a vote.

On a positive note I’m glad to see all race program proposals now being required to be notified in advance. We might have a chance of clearly understanding what is being proposed. Today I’d bother making out whether Newbury was being dropped in favour of another racepoint, but it turned out to be the race itself, and when Maidstone got the same treatment it was clear there was an agenda to drop the Inland Nationals – despite these being very popular – and funnily enough despite overwhelming support for keeping them at last AGM – yet the same came out this year again. Seems some can push what they think is right at more than one AGM, but if anybody else does so, he’s for the chop. Talk about double standards…

I hope the marking & transport arrangements will be looked at afresh by the committee. Delayed marking when weather forecasts are rubbish is a must – that’s what every Scottish Fed does - apart from Lanarkshire. 1 transporter going down the road when only 1 is needed is a must. Getting to the channel race point a lot faster and cheaper is a must, and I for one am not against joint convoying with any other Organisation, provided we have agreement that the birds are also liberated together. And feeding and watering the birds on 3 sides – outside the basket – is a must. Need to get a prototype basket of this type built in plastic, and /or aluminium.

Ian what bad behaviour was there at the meeting??? , you must have been at a different one . The meeting was so slow and quiet until the end when we were sujected to a lecture on map reading when infact most members had asked to go straight to a vote as they already understood the proposals and didnt require a picture show , they had already been there far longer than ever needed and quite clearly wernt impressed with being told they didnt understand the difference between regions and sections and a wee film show would put them right , they just wanted a vote and of home and not another speach the same as the one at the start of the meeting which was being repeated albeit using props . :animatedpigeons: :animatedpigeons:

Also another thing there was no one proposed he should be de selected and none proposed for the job either , he was re elected unanimously and as others have said he is a good figure head for the snfc and a good man but questions must be asked with the pursuit of what was a very unpopular proposal.

Edited by stb-

Ian what bad behaviour was there at the meeting??? , you must have been at a different one . The meeting was so slow and quiet until the end when we were sujected to a lecture on map reading when infact most members had asked to go straight to a vote as they already understood the proposals and didnt require a picture show , they had already been there far longer than ever needed and quite clearly wernt impressed with being told they didnt understand the difference between regions and sections and a wee film show would put them right , they just wanted a vote and of home and not another speach the same as the one at the start of the meeting which was being repeated albeit using props . :animatedpigeons: :animatedpigeons:

Also another thing there was no one proposed he should be de selected and none proposed for the job either , he was re elected unanimously and as others have said he is a good figure head for the snfc and a good man but questions must be asked with the pursuit of what was a very unpopular proposal.

The meeting was slow because it was clear most in the hall had their own agenda. Yes he made reference to it and other things in his report – and it was from this stage bleeding ITEM 2 on an Agenda of 9 items - that things started to get heated in the hall. He asked several times for people to calm down. And by ITEM 4, they were basically baying for blood – when has an outgoing President EVER been asked to give his Resolution BEFORE standing for re-election? And the guys that put that motion forward were sat in the next row to me so I could hear clearly what was being proposed. It was quiet enough after he left the meeting cos when his job was vacant and up for grabs, and SVP asked for nominations there was none, and no mad rush to fill the chair.

It certainly wasnt voted on thats for sure just as a few other things were by passed aswell .

When he returned to the chair re-elected, he asked for nominations for SVP and JVP. JVP post is still vacant. He asked for nominations for Management Committee – he only got enough to form a quorum. So yes we were at 2 different meetings.

This is an extract from the very first post on this thread which just happens to be yours. As you say the photocopies were far from clear and nothing could be decided from them. At least one member on here didn’t get any map with the AGM agenda

……….

looking at the map and the lines drawn its going to p*ss a lot of folk of , as the print of the map is of a very poor quality its difficult to make outthe exact lines of the regions ,

That was also a complaint at the 2012 AGM when the presentation left a lot of people confused – myself included. He went to a lot of trouble to get the presentation right for this AGM and your post (below) quite clearly shows what happened when he tried to put forward his proposal using Powerpoint slides on a screen that everone in the hall could see - that's what it's for. In the end I didn’t vote for the proposal, but at least I had the good manners to hear the man out.

. I dont think there was much disruption at all Peter until members were being forced to watch the afternoon matinee on the big screen :emoticon-0167-beer:

Rab, your post IMO perfectly sums up how the meeting went, their was no need for the slide show at the end as the members had read and new what the proposal was all about, personally I found the Presidents intimation that the members did not understand the difference between a section and a region derogatory and a insult on our intelligence

Plenty been said about the meeting yesterday and yes it was a shambles but at the start of the meeting the president said we cant keep losing money and then tells us later in the meeting he would like to see us going to the longest race ourselves which would have been financial suicide and i pointed out the only way we could do that would be to charge £20 a pigeon to send to the race...For an seemingly intelligent man he really does have some daft ideas!!!