Blast From The Past

One of ma pals from Slamannan said his gran stumbled across this the other day.

Its video's from the Slamannan doo dance in 1987.Guests for the evening were Jimmy Rintoul and the reverand Sam Ovens,some good wee laughs and I dinnae just mean at the hairstyles :lol:

hope this is of interest to some PB members :)

watched the presentation with a young looking jim rintoul and rev ovens with the usual good jokes and patter,wee willie duncan with a good yin at rennes(remember doos getting dosh 3rd day that year)and john mcluckie with very red hair. :) :) the main prize winners baird and son do they still race lewis??

Aye some of the reverend's gags are crackin :lol:

Don't think so John.Could be wrong but theres only about three lofts left in Slamannan village now.

av played that fresh faced youngster picking up aw the cups at pool a few times up the Slamannan bowling club :lol: .Didn't realise it was him until i was told earlier

was a good wee watch lewis,remember being in front of the national committee with a problem with one of our ring nos,the rev sam was in the chair and common sense prevailed,i had a sweat on though with the thought of looseing a nat ticket and a few quid. :D :D :D

was a good wee watch lewis,remember being in front of the national committee with a problem with one of our ring nos,the rev sam was in the chair and common sense prevailed,i had a sweat on though with the thought of looseing a nat ticket and a few quid. :D :D :D

Is he still living John??

I've met Jimmy Rintoul a few times,we sat beside him I'm sure at the 2002 SCC presentation night.Hes got some belting stories as well.

Is he still living John??

I've met Jimmy Rintoul a few times,we sat beside him I'm sure at the 2002 SCC presentation night.Hes got some belting stories as well.

not actually sure about rev sam ovens,think he retired to crieff,maybe someone on here knows?? jim rintoul great guy though. :) :) :)

Aye some of the reverend's gags are crackin :lol:

Don't think so John.Could be wrong but theres only about three lofts left in Slamannan village now.

av played that fresh faced youngster picking up aw the cups at pool a few times up the Slamannan bowling club :lol: .Didn't realise it was him until i was told earlier

there is only 2 lofts left in the village Billy Duncan and Malcolm Nayles its a shame as it was a great wee club but most of the people in that video are now deceased

not actually sure about rev sam ovens,think he retired to crieff,maybe someone on here knows?? jim rintoul great guy though. :) :) :)

The rev Sam ovens is alive and well living in Clackmannanshire where he is a local labour councillor.