Blackpool Show 2012

preston powerblast

It was a good show this year, Kev and I sold all our birds.

We had a lot of good feedback from fanciers returning to buy more birds.

Good reports that many of our surplus race birds and late breds have been producing the goods, breeding winners for fanciers up in Scotland and Southern Ireland.

It was such a shame that show was subject to many thefts.

The Bird Above ring number NWHU12A8612, was stolen from our stall, the stall across, had 5 stolen, the stall directly opposite who were selling custom made traps, had their laptop stolen, with all their photos of the trap installations on it.

I felt so sorry for one guy a previous customer of ours, who always buys birds from us. Came to visit us and told us about some woman outside a chippy where he had gone for something to eat on Saturday night.

He said she walked up to him crying an upset and dipped his pocket robbing over four hundred quid.

Next year, we are going to lock all the pens up and have a smaller stand, yes I agree with the CCTV, it would be a good idea.

Does every stand have power?

There are cameras available with DVR that are not too expensive. They are unobtrusive and easy to install! If the stand was setup in a u shape then one at either exit woul do nicely. Also get them with wide angle at 680 tvl which are incredible sharp.

Good reports that many of our surplus race birds and late breds have been producing the goods, breeding winners for fanciers up in Scotland and Southern Ireland.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/012/a/5/nest_birds6_by_gyto-d4m3ee8.jpg

The Bird Above ring number NWHU12A8612, was stolen from our stall, the stall across, had 5 stolen, the stall directly opposite who were selling custom made traps, had their laptop stolen, with all their photos of the trap installations on it.

I felt so sorry for one guy a previous customer of ours, who always buys birds from us. Came to visit us and told us about some woman outside a chippy where he had gone for something to eat on Saturday night.

He said she walked up to him crying an upset and dipped his pocket robbing over four hundred quid.

that certainly is a big down side to it all :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

this been going on for years its about time something was done theres gangs stealing to order disgraceful these arnt pigeon fanciers just the scum of the earth JMO

Guest Dorset-lad

I was talking to Jeff Walton on sunday he had a couple of birds go missing on the saturday and one of those crates they were selling. Want there bl@@dy hands chopped off if things arent dear enough as it is without people taken things from them then they have to put prices up to cover there lost

It's toe rags like these, that have the cheek to complain about about the price of stuff these days.

They have security on every exit checking everyone for their wristbands, why can't they do this and check everybody for receipts against their purchases, it wouldn't be hard to tape receipts to their purchases.

It would be interesting, to find out just how many other stalls had property stolen, then maybe we could present the findings to the RPRA and maybe find a solution.

It's toe rags like these, that have the cheek to complain about about the price of stuff these days.

They have security on every exit checking everyone for their wristbands, why can't they do this and check everybody for receipts against their purchases, it wouldn't be hard to tape receipts to their purchases.

It would be interesting, to find out just how many other stalls had property stolen, then maybe we could present the findings to the RPRA and maybe find a solution.

my first purchase on Saturday was from the Harkers stand , i asked for a reciept (didnt want anybody tapping me on the shoulder as i went through the door) was told they could post me one ?? i walked to the car un-challenged (had nothing to worry about anyway) but changes maybe do need to be made . :emoticon-0138-thinking:

noticed a lot of the stalls have the perspex across the front of them now didnt know the stealing was this bad but the the bads are out weighed by the goods i had a top class time at the show this year must have went round the winter gardens a dozen times 2 or 3 times pissed bought a couple of birds met up with a few newmains doo men and wing 04. hotel was good bus was good it is sad that there is so much theft some of the work that goes into this set up is unbeleivable amongst others the kline stand was a credit to the owners.

They are all getting padlocks on next year, just been on to a company who will sell us a load with the same key.

I have just been informed that my letter to the editor has been printed in the British Homing World, with the ring number and description.

I hope they feel ashamed of themselves.

They are all getting padlocks on next year, just been on to a company who will sell us a load with the same key.

I have just been informed that my letter to the editor has been printed in the British Homing World, with the ring number and description.

I hope they feel ashamed of themselves.

its on page 7 "letters to the editor" B.H.W. Fri 27th Jan, Gary ?

Guest lambrechts31

I WORK IN SECURITY, AND WAS ALSO AT BLACKPOOL 2012, I WITNESSED STEALING FROM 2 STALLS THE SAME GUY BUT UNFORTUNATLY CANT DO ANYTHING AS IN THESE DAYS YOU HAVE TO BE SO CAREFUL AS YOU DONT KNOW WHO YOUR DEALING WITH, BUT I MUST SAY THE LACK OF SECURITY AT SOME OF THE STALL LEAVE,S A LOT TO BE DESIRED,THERE JUST ASKING FOR TROUBLE, CCTV WOULDNT WORK UNLESS THEY HAD POLICE AND LICENCED STEWARDS PATROLLING ROUND THE PLACE AS ITS TO BUSY....

Both Kev and I are SIA Licensed. I have been involved in security all my life one way or another. But if we were to catch someone stealing, we would be well within our rights to make a citizens arrest and detain them.

But the problem being would be who to inform in the Winter Gardens and how would they react.

I agree that some of the larger stalls are far too big and open.

I suppose in this game, we might be just a little too trusting, not expecting our fellow fanciers to rob us.

Guest lambrechts31

Both Kev and I are SIA Licensed. I have been involved in security all my life one way or another. But if we were to catch someone stealing, we would be well within our rights to make a citizens arrest and detain them.

But the problem being would be who to inform in the Winter Gardens and how would they react.

I agree that some of the larger stalls are far too big and open.

I suppose in this game, we might be just a little too trusting, not expecting our fellow fanciers to rob us.

I KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING M8, I WAS THERE WITH MY WIFE AND WAS CHAPPING AT THE BIT TO DO SOMETHING BUT WITH NO BACK UP WAS HELPLESS, MAYBE NEXT YEAR THEY,LL GET SOMETHING SORTED... HOPEFULLY.....

It's an extra 50 quid for power on top of the hundred and twenty quid a metre for the stall.

But it's a big downer for the many who suffered the bigger losses.

going rate for meters at shows cheap lecy rate usualy £100 any shows i do. Best to buy small padlocks for next year and it maybe non fanciers stealing to sell outside so the answers are there sorry to hear about your loss mate