Snfc Messac

Rooster J. Cogburn

Guest 67ghirl

Out of curiosity does anyone know how that stands with the averages??????

YIP, IT DOES NOT COUNT, gid bird to make it mind like alot more that were just outside the result, but let's no take the shine of the birds that made it IN race time...........

Thank you for clarifying that.

I was not trying to 'take the shine off any of the winners' these doos that made it in race time have done a fantastic job especially considering the overall outcome of the race and all due credit is given to them.

It's just a pity that when there are not enough birds to fill a result, which I don't think there are, that the others who just missed it , and I don't believe there are that many, certainly not in my area, don't get any recognition, but that's just the way it is as the rules stand. The most important thing is that they are home and hopefully live to fight another day.

This is my OWN PERSONAL opinion.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As per ever year at this time, some very intersting points.The different pigeons, and the enviroment in which we keep our pigeons, stands in the way of some real conclusions.It could be argued that it will be many and varied reasons why such things happen.

I for one would like to see the creation of an experimental loft in Scotland.A project over 4/5 years.

Costantley reporting back to the fancy on its findings.

Lets see for example how many young bird training from race points, when it suiable to go, and not just on a Saturday.Put it to you the losses may well be tolirable when the conditions suits the pigeons and not us the fancier.Just how much this is the case remains to be seen.However done under these conditions where you take competitiness out of the equition.Let this project collect as smuch information and prof as posible on the Bop problems.Lets be able to report pecentages of numbers.Lets be clear on how long it may take to hit bottom after starting with say 150 birds next year.Lets track them if we need to.

Cost of such a project if done correctly may come from the fancy its self,however given its nature would be also worth looking into grants.

Whats you thoughts.

Just wondering. Even if it was foggy when the convoy hit the channel (I'm not saying it was) - and most birds didn't try to cross at that time - fog clears. We are told there were later liberations that day - so the fog must have cleared at some point - surely our birds should have got back up? They'd only flown maybes 100 miles, they'd still be fresh and up for it, so where are they, where would they go?

As per ever year at this time, some very intersting points.The different pigeons, and the enviroment in which we keep our pigeons, stands in the way of some real conclusions.It could be argued that it will be many and varied reasons why such things happen.

I for one would like to see the creation of an experimental loft in Scotland.A project over 4/5 years.

Costantley reporting back to the fancy on its findings.

Lets see for example how many young bird training from race points, when it suiable to go, and not just on a Saturday.Put it to you the losses may well be tolirable when the conditions suits the pigeons and not us the fancier.Just how much this is the case remains to be seen.However done under these conditions where you take competitiness out of the equition.Let this project collect as smuch information and prof as posible on the Bop problems.Lets be able to report pecentages of numbers.Lets be clear on how long it may take to hit bottom after starting with say 150 birds next year.Lets track them if we need to.

Cost of such a project if done correctly may come from the fancy its self,however given its nature would be also worth looking into grants.

Whats you thoughts.

PROOF OF A BOP ARE YOU FKN SERIOUS :emoticon-0179-headbang::emoticon-0179-headbang: COME TO MY LOFT AND I WILL SHOW YE BOP FKN PROBLEM ,, 17 BIRDS ALL RIPPED TAE FK AND ONE HABDED IN YEATERDAY ALL RIPPED DOWN ITS BACK AND NECK WAY THE SECONDARIES OOT ,

ON TOP OF THAT ALL THE EXSPERIENCED BIRDS MISSING FAE 20 AND 25 MILE TOSSES THIS YEAR ALONE BOP IS THE BIGGEST PROB AND UNLESS EVERY ONE COTTONS ON THE SPORT WILL BE FINNISHED VERY SOON :emoticon-0179-headbang::emoticon-0179-headbang:

Guest Gareth Rankin

Just wondering. Even if it was foggy when the convoy hit the channel (I'm not saying it was) - and most birds didn't try to cross at that time - fog clears. We are told there were later liberations that day - so the fog must have cleared at some point - surely our birds should have got back up? They'd only flown maybes 100 miles, they'd still be fresh and up for it, so where are they, where would they go?

They wouldn't have got back up as they would never have landed in the first place, pigeons would have tried to work there way round the fog and in turn may have an ireversible problem that home was an impossible target.

Consider myself to be more than able at taking hard knocks from long distance racing but it is heartbreaking at the thought of were long distance racing will be in a few years time especially as we are now getting bad/disaster races in perfect days.

Guest 67ghirl

I must say after getting some gd distance blood in and trying to build a team at the distance for the future i do feel really deflated and gutted for some of the guys on here, If top fanciers in this country cannot get birds back what chance have i got

Don't give up - fortunately this race wasn't 'the norm', and although devastating for them, the distance Men will pick themselves up and move forward IMO

I must say after getting some gd distance blood in and trying to build a team at the distance for the future i do feel really deflated and gutted for some of the guys on here, If top fanciers in this country cannot get birds back what chance have i got

old Scottish saying every dog has it,s day .

as for the fanciers that did not get a bird yes it must be gutting for them. years of looking after the birds to not get one home. birds are lost but even now their will be some still trying their best to get back home and bet your bottom dollar some of them make it

Never before have I known there to be so many champion distance pigeons lost. Total devastation and it will take many years to replace these birds. We ve had 3 Gold cup disasters in my 38 years of keeping pigeons and 2 of these were from MESSAC

Guest TAMMY_1

Can someone answer me this

If Messac is off the line of flight how come pigeons that are raced down the 'west' route also hammered

We race on the west side of the UK and have had a few good races from France and this weekend we are at Messac so we shall see how it goes then for us