Awol Doos

sapper756

I personally have never seen such strange directions for the doos on saturday!

There wer birds coming directly from the west heading due east in batches upto 20. These could only have been nat doos completely off course! They wer havin it tough as the wind was very strong east most of the day doon here.

But on the other hand the fanciers from dumfries should have dominated the section but didnt!!!

First two birds wer here in Ecclefechan, the normal line????

Guest TAMMY_1

another one home today so now we are 5 adrift

got our first one reported tonight and we will go and pick her up in the morning so we are down to 4 missing :egyptian: :egyptian:

Guest big slim

We lost 1 out of 6 at national,and 4 out of 24 from peterborough. One cock came on monday hawked and shattered. I am just leaving to drive over to fife to pick up a cock reported by a non fancier. This cock has won the club twice by 8 minutes and topped fed from newark so i will be glad to have him back. Weve now got 6 in loft with hawk injuries its getting out of order.

Recieved a phonecall this evening from a non fancier in Bothwell.

A pigeon of mine turned up in his back garden on Saturday night.It was one of my yealrings I had at Leicester that day-gay pied cock with the bull eye :( .He and his wife managed to catch it last night.

I went through tonight to pick it up.The bird is knackered,there are talon marks and its back been stripped a wee bit.It made a good effort to get itself home the brave wee thing :(

The woman viewed it as a wee pet the last couple of days,shes been putting bread and seeds out for it til they caught it last night :lol:

The guy used to race pigeons as a teenager so they took a keen interest when I was talking to them about the racing this year.The guy was shocked when I told him of how birds of prey are now ruining the sport as it wasn't much of an issue when he kept them.The womans asked me to stay in touch to keep her informed of the birds progress :lol: .

It was a nice gesture for them to make the effort to get the bird home and I'm glad to get him back :)

He looks as if his racing days maybe over :(

Thats me up to 27/34 from Leicester now