Sunday'S Returns

sapper756

Poor - we raced from Whitley Bay and the birds were up at 7. After seeing what must have been the only bad forecast of the country the UNC did not race yesterday but today (we race Sundays for the first 4 YB races to avoid clashing with them). It seems likely that the birds may have clashed as we know fanciers in Kirkbymoorside also have poor returns. Gutted.

Poor - we raced from Whitley Bay and the birds were up at 7. After seeing what must have been the only bad forecast of the country the UNC did not race yesterday but today (we race Sundays for the first 4 YB races to avoid clashing with them). It seems likely that the birds may have clashed as we know fanciers in Kirkbymoorside also have poor returns. Gutted.

They may or may not have clashed, but from what I saw of the North Roaders - they were well up in the sky - and the Up North Combine were flying quite low

It wisna looking good for a while but up to 14/19 now and still working in :)

Seems to have been a fairly patchy race all round

think the fed toppers will be doing kinna 1040-1030 velocity

Yep, much same over here. :rolleyes: Birds started dropping in like rain, examples, A Orr & Son had 1st 3 in club (winner on 999, then another 2 together on 985) , W Orr had 8 together; then birds just as suddenly dried up for everybody.

I'd 2 together, another 2 within 3 minutes, then nothing more for an hour. Well back, (856) and I have 8/10.

Both North and South roaders were going over us at Thirsk at the same height as there was little wind. I understand that North & East Yorks Fed have had a very bad race (they were up at 6.30am from Whitley Bay) - one fancier sent 40 and at lunchtime only had 8 home and 3 of those had been hawked. Those west of the A1, clubs like Harrogate and Killinghall seem to have had a good race but perhaps if they did clash the Geordie birds wouldn't be over there?