ETS   Time penalties

Pompey Mick

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOUR ETS BASE STATION TELLS YOU HOW MANY OF YOUR BIRDS ARE HOME AND LETS YOU KNOW WHAT TIME THEY ARRIVED AT ASWELL

does it also tell you what time your on the first tee at st.andrews and whento get back totake your clock up the club  i,am only winding you up alf if your needing the clock then fine by me mate iknow all the workings lets see you get the doo,s   o.k. mate no harm done i hope  r/2coo

i take it you dont have a car, or a microwave, tv, dvd, fridge, washing machine, computer (oh you must have one to be on here) etc etc etc.  do you still run to the post office with your rubber rings? its called modern technology

Thamidalied babies, there is an endless list of so - called 'Betterments' that ave kicked us in the face...

ETS is here to stay so it's a waste of time constantly arguing over the matter. What I wanted to know is that in the experience of Scottish fanciers where clubs have a mixture of ETS and Mechanical clocking systems has anyone dominated club racing by virtue of owning an ETS system.

As for you Roland, giving up because of ETS, that's a pitiful reason. I would have thought time, money & birdage numbers have a far greater effect on a 'level playing field' then ETS ever does.

In fact ETS probably helps level the playing field by letting me know how my birds return from training when I am at work.

the point is with ets u can be there to see ur birds coming or not, its ur choice, also u can catch ur birds and time them in its ur choice, with other clocks u must be there no choice. also u can use ets or any other approved timing system, its ur choice,

yes i agree rose there is some if's etc, which can be sorted, i think a lot are of the impression that the ets system is so u dont have to be there to time in, its not just that, its making a lot of things easier for both fancier and officials, and very time saving at matking and taking off, also for the fancier basketing etc, its also lets u know which birds are home both in racing and training, u can also be training and racing at the same time and it lets u know which are trainers and which are racesrs, also u can use it for up to five races at once,

yes i always say it could benefit in very short races but once out a bit its the birds u need, there is only one member in our club not using it because he is leaving the sport next year, and he has been on the sheet and fed nearly every week, so u must get the birds home, i see ur point rose it can have some thoughts along the line but in all i dont see anything wrong with it.

because ppl who are useing it are saving time by not catching the bird taking off the rubber and putting it in the thimble then clock and they can time in more then 1 bird at the same time and we cant put more than 1 rubber in the same thimble thats why SAMMY

So are you saying a T3 with quick start thimble connection and the use of a stall trap are of no advantage, to someone with a conventional clock that has to go into the loft and catch the bird? As said before, if you don,t like ETS DON,T USE IT, BUT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DENY IT,S USE TO OTHERS.

Roland, giving up because of ETS, that's a pitiful reason. I would have thought time, money & birdage numbers have a far greater effect on a 'level playing field' then ETS ever does.

In fact ETS probably helps level the playing field by letting me know how my birds return from training when I am at work.

Exactly Mick, and the last thing I need now is to have another unfair advantage against me on time of .... thought time, money & birdage numbers have a far greater effect on a 'level playing field'  So enough is enough. So I am up at 5, I spent time effort galore to try and keep up, even put my family second, and Why, for it to be implied that without time  the zealousness, effort, and lack of money, I hear band the crap scenario that You can do more than the better off, and improve the birds even more. What, why is that then, some kinda idea that those that have time, put the effort in and money, train regular etc. that they don't get teir birds in top condition! I should cocoa, Of course they do, and good luck and all the best to them. Golly on a 1760 ypm they can be 440 yards behind my bird and still beat me! That is without the already unleval playing fields. No if any of the clubs I support go ahead, then I  - and quite a few more will just chuck it in.

And why  - in a so called sport shouldn't any decent and fair minded man be against the manual clocker having a bit of lee way back!?

:B So I am up at 5, I spent time effort galore to try and keep up, even put my family second, and Why, for it to be implied that without time  the zealousness, effort, and lack of money, I hear band the crap scenario that You can do more than the better off, and improve the birds even more. What, why is that then, some kinda idea that those that have time, put the effort in and money, train regular etc. that they don't get teir birds in top condition! I should cocoa, Of course they do, and good luck and all the best to them. Golly on a 1760 ypm they can be 440 yards behind my bird and still beat me!

DONT REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR SAYING ROLAND,PLEASE EXPLAIN FOR A DAFT SCOTSMAN :-/

Quite simple for a ... lol

One hear the baloney that they will have to try Harder and Do more to no only get on terms with, be t be able to beat the Best flyers. I have - like many others find it hard to believe that people actually believe that! This of course implies that the better flyers aren't doing the utmost, and are there to be beaten BECAUSE they aren't really top flyers. They are and do put in the time, effort and money, there is no question about that, and good luck to them. Now I would have to in a West wind give flyer 10 - 27 miles in the EAST another 1/4 of a mile start if they have the ET and I, and others can't!

No enoughs is enough! Yes I can afford the ET .... but that wouldn't be fair to others who can't! So I won't. If I did and they - the club / Fed said 17 seconds handicap, then I would have one tomorrow! But way too many can't or won't, and therefore I shalln't. But I'd be danged if I will give even more to the more affluent than we do already!

Quite simple for a ... lol

One hear the baloney that they will have to try Harder and Do more to no only get on terms with, be t be able to beat the Best flyers. I have - like many others find it hard to believe that people actually believe that! This of course implies that the better flyers aren't doing the utmost, and are there to be beaten BECAUSE they aren't really top flyers. They are and do put in the time, effort and money, there is no question about that, and good luck to them. Now I would have to in a West wind give flyer 10 - 27 miles in the EAST another 1/4 of a mile start if they have the ET and I, and others can't!

No enoughs is enough! Yes I can afford the ET .... but that wouldn't be fair to others who can't! So I won't. If I did and they - the club / Fed said 17 seconds handicap, then I would have one tomorrow! But way too many can't or won't, and therefore I shalln't. But I'd be danged if I will give even more to the more affluent than we do already!

You are an absolute shoe in for the forums Stanley Unwin Memorial Award this year Roland.

Guest slugmonkey

I see we are back to this again if you look elsewhere in this forum this dead horse has been beat again and again

as far as two birds at same time if you look at your arrival sheet it gives the clocking order all you have to do is refrence this to tell which bird clocked first even though they may show same time it will tell you which bird was clocked first ( trapping order )

Well must be some truth to the intelligence, or lack of it me. For if you can't understand the simplest then you are a simpleton.

Me, I'd be prepared and willingly give a time handicap if I was to have a ET. Which if that was the case then I'd have one! But if they don't, then I won't have a ET in principle. And then that would mean I would be unwilling to give those that do have one even more advantage, so I'll just keep pigeons and not race. Now what is hard to understand in that! Nothing, I think you just like to try and been clever.... and fail miserably and that makes you very fruastrated.

Slugmonkey do you actually know what you are on about ... or just repeat a non - enity that we all quite understand, but now, as then is also still irrelevant.

slugmonkey the mere fact that a ET will sort out the position if 18 all had the same time is well understood ... what you don't seem to be able to grasp is that, that being so, how more unfair it is for a manual clocker that could clock that fast. Indeed the simple fact that they may be a quarer of a mile behind when a manual clocker gets his bird, only to be beaten by 18 is not very sporting to say the least. Hence a fair handicap of time against a ET whose birds also won't get 'Trap Shy' is something that any decent and fair minded sports person would agree to! Otherwise it is a simple fact that they just want an unfair advantage! Now that is simple... golly even Me should be able to work that out .... given time .... considering his handicap lol ::)

pigeon racing has never been fair,  wind, drag, loft location , car for training, open door traping, stall trap traping, fancier's with loads of money, end of the day if your pigeon is in the first batch of birds which comes straight over your loft and you have a perfect trap your win the race no matter what clock you are using, and if a fancier has 18 birds in front of you , your beat any way so whats the problem, surely it will make every one try harder to win, who wants to come 2nd any way, 2nd or 20th your still beat,

A lot of Rubbish is said about ETS and that if you do not have it you will not beat the ones that do.

COMPLETE RUBBISH, when we moved over to Belgium we had no ETS

Our first season racing late bred yearlings we won the Federal Three times from over 340 miles, we sent 12 of these latebreds to St Vincent distance 584 miles, and got 11 on the winning day winning i think 7 prizes, Was Top Prize Winner in the Local Club, and we were using an T3 clock against the ETS users

DO' not make excuses for not winning pigeon races of any kind, there is no excuse from any one of us its the pigeons that fly not the fancier, but i had better modify that statement,  Some pigeon fanciers do 'FLY' but off the handle ;D You are etheir better than your apponents or worse nothing else counts in my book

Steve

pigeon racing has never been fair,  wind, drag, loft location , car for training, open door traping, stall trap traping, fancier's with loads of money, end of the day if your pigeon is in the first batch of birds which comes straight over your loft and you have a perfect trap your win the race no matter what clock you are using, and if a fancier has 18 birds in front of you , your beat any way so whats the problem, surely it will make every one try harder to win, who wants to come 2nd any way, 2nd or 20th your still beat,

That doesnot mean a jot about trying to be Fair'. and any decent flyer states they do ... but action say otherwise.

Expat, of course a ET doesn't make a pigeon quicker ... But may help a slower one of 10 seconds catch up and win. Also  - and more importantly no Bird should ever become 'Trap Shy' on the ET. Yes, some have great handlers, and many a good bird has wone a few ... and many a more good birs have unfortunately been ruined by just 'Once' an over zealous act in the heat of excitement.

So if the clubs I'm in agree (Firstly if any one has them) that we can have a 15 second handicap for the first bird, then I will have one. If they don't, and some members actually have one, then I shalln't race against them. Simple that.

And yes everyone know the great, and good points of an ET clock, so that is well tired and should be put o bed!

Roland

If you lived over here With your attitude of wanting to be given time on a race you would be told in no uncertain terms to take up another hobby and laughed out of the club, There has never been any complaint from a non ETS user that i have heard over here, they get on with the job of racing pigeons You want time given to you, then i say pack the sport and take up tiddle winks or perhaps that will not be fair you may want a distance allowance on the table or board, If you think this post is Scathing it was meant to be, I have never heard such whinging in all my years in the sport. Ramble on about your misgivings against ETS and i will not race bit, i have said my piece and i will not be replying again to the rubbish you put in

Roland

If you lived over here With your attitude of wanting to be given time on a race you would be told in no uncertain terms to take up another hobby and laughed out of the club, There has never been any complaint from a non ETS user that i have heard over here, they get on with the job of racing pigeons You want time given to you, then i say pack the sport and take up tiddle winks or perhaps that will not be fair you may want a distance allowance on the table or board, If you think this post is Scathing it was meant to be, I have never heard such whinging in all my years in the sport. Ramble on about your misgivings against ETS and i will not race bit, i have said my piece and i will not be replying again to the rubbish you put in

yer no sae bad wae the utter crap yersel expat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111