europa birds are set to go sun

Guest tom123

the majority on here prob don't have birds in the race, it doesn't stop them being concerned for the welfare of the birds being thrown up in poor conditions and asking sensible questions about the organisation.

If it reaches the press etc it could effect all of us!

Phil

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what you got to remember is thay is a lot of birds missing and a lot of money up for grabs think thats why some people are the way thay are any other time most would let you know every think you wonted to know about this race thay just need time to carm down well thats what i think but am wrong alot

Guest chrisss
the majority on here prob don't have birds in the race, it doesn't stop them being concerned for the welfare of the birds being thrown up in poor conditions and asking sensible questions about the organisation.

Phil

good point that, as we speak there are approx 1000 bleeding birds, god knows where, all thanks because of what seems to me a bad judgement call by someone with one eye on the crowd and the other on the profit [and yes i hope i am wrong]

Phil

when ready the above what effect would it have if the press got hold of the number of birds lost to date this year at fedeation level

come on this is one race on one day feds are doing it every week

Tom, the difference is that, i don't beleive any fed this year has liberated 1200 birds from 300 miles and had no day birds!

Also the big difference is yet again the money involved, how many feds are racing for £30k first prize?

Phil

Phil

very true,, and you can be assured if things dont change quickly tomorrow it will be in the press ,,and as usual the press will make a meal of it ,,,,,,,,,but the race is not over yet ,not  by a long chalk   :)  so allthough we want the sun :) we dont have to get the sun  :-/ :-/ :-/ :)

Im not sure that i would say questioning the  liberation is picking holes which i think was wrong the birds welfare was not put first   what rule covers that   Its an open forum dont think there is anywhere on here saying that you cannot post if you are not participating or it does not concern you

Hi Rose

Well said our feathered friends welfare was not the 1st priority

Cheers

Homer 49

Phil

Do you not think the organisers would have been busting a gut to get their camera crew buddies there?? ;) ;)

There have been some very legtimate points and questions raised on this thread and rightly so given the circumstances but the responce to some has left me astounded ..I have no birds in the race though I have in the past (purely to make up the numbers in a syndicate) but tell you one thing if I had birds in it this year Id as sure as hell be asking plenty of questions to the organisers and wanting answers.

Is there a touch of elitism surrounding one loft races in the fact that us mere mortals are not allowed to ask or question??? Seems to me that anyone and everyone has the right to ask questions on something that might have a detrimental effect on their sport..if any of our organisations have a bad race then we have to deal with it, safe in the knowledge that 99% of the time our birds welfare has been taken into concideration and the best decision regarding a lib was made..if the press get a hold of that then we bite the bullet and deal with that to ..but for us to suffer from something that we as a sport have no control over??? Dont think so !!!!

Do you not think that Mr Nicholls new found celebrity from his tv show could come back to haunt him here?? The press love to fill pages these days and no doubt some animal rights people will love to get their teeth into this

mr nichols would not worry what peaple think of him he does things his way and thats that but is open to advice but europa his his baby his decisions at end of day this day is bad

Its maybe his baby chris , but there was 1200 babies released to-day in edinburgh , iwas in edinburgh to-day and it was terrible weather , and mr gill has a point that your all missing the welfare of the birds no joking aside here this is a serious business

Guest Gareth Rankin

You can look into other items but this race has only failed for 1 reason and 1 reason only and that is the decision to liberate the pigeons, other than that the one loft races are good and do create a lot of excitment for 6 months of the year, it has great rewards with the money that is involved but with the pressure of clients and hotel booking's by customers it should not be left for 1 man to make the decision about liberation even if he is the owner of that business/loft race.

If this race does go ahead next year surely Mr Nicholl's would be better to install confidence in the fancy by appointing 3 race controllers who are independant of the one loft race.