Pigeon in my kitchen!

invalidusername

Invalid is he on medication now?Depending on what it is, it my curb his appetite,so don't worry to much.

You may have noticed on here mate, there are some DOOM and GLOOM merchants.Please ignore and enjoy ,whatever you decide to do going forward.

These people are in all walks of life,don't let them put you off.

Indeed those of us such as Chrisss, and pjc, to name but two, want our sport to continue and flourish. We would do well to learn from this little story, that is repeated time after time right throughout the country almost on a daily basis. Just that we don't know about it.

Happy days

Rab Smith

Cheers for that.  He's on tabs that Stuart gave me (wish I'd asked what they are  ::)).  By the time I get the half a tab down his throat, it's more like a quarter - whoops!  A kind member is also sending me some other meds too, but of course I'll take advice before administering anything.

I'm not bothered about doom and gloom merchants - although it stopped me in my tracks a bit at first.  But if I think that way, I'd give up.  

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for that.  He's on tabs that Stuart gave me (wish I'd asked what they are  ::)).  By the time I get the half a tab down his throat, it's more like a quarter - whoops!  A kind member is also sending me some other meds too, but of course I'll take advice before administering anything.

I'm not bothered about doom and gloom merchants - although it stopped me in my tracks a bit at first.  But if I think that way, I'd give up.  

glad to here it mate

rab

Invalid, i'm sure most would agree, when hopefully there is a positive outcome to this story it would be fantastic publicity for the sport if you were to write your story for the local paper.

There are many threads on this forum about attracting new members, both young and old and its stories like this that people need to know showing the positive side to the sport.

Phil

Invalid is he on medication now?Depending on what it is, it my curb his appetite,so don't worry to much.

You may have noticed on here mate, there are some DOOM and GLOOM merchants.Please ignore and enjoy ,whatever you decide to do going forward.

Indeed those of us such as Chrisss, and pjc, to name but two, want our sport to continue and flourish. We would do well to learn from this little story, that is repeated time after time right throughout the country almost on a daily basis. Just that we don't know about it.

Happy days

Rab Smith

well said Rab .............Pigeon keeping/ racing is 365 days a year & has to be worked at, but the rewards are great even if only seeing your birds flying around the loft.....plus an added bonus for me & I would say most of the male fanciers on here is the loft is a great place to go when the wifes doing your head in :P ;D

Guest mikkey

keep up the good work invalid (lol cant you change your name) theres some good people on here, im a novice myself and ive been given plenty of help and advice just received some birds from billy mc and their proper crackers, hope your pigeon gets better, your in for a lot of fun if you stay with the hobby ;D ;D ;D ;D

keep up the good work invalid (lol cant you change your name) theres some good people on here, im a novice myself and ive been given plenty of help and advice just received some birds from billy mc and their proper crackers, hope your pigeon gets better, your in for a lot of fun if you stay with the hobby ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers for that, and enjoy the new birds.  I can see how people can get drawn in.  If mine pulls through, I don't think it'll end there  :)

Perhaps a name change is called for  :D

Good grief!  :D :D :D The Carry On tradition is live and well in the world of the pigeon  ;D I knew what he meant  :P

Quick progress report.  Popped home lunchtime (not that I'm obsessed or anything).  He's only now having one feed in the morning and one in the evening on Stuart's recommendation.  But as it was his first day, I was a bit bad and gave him 5 minutes in front of the bowl - let's just say his head didn't come out much (are they all such messy eaters, though?)  Took a quick pic before he flapped and nearly got out of my hand.

He's certainly not right yet, but from the earlier pics, there's a big improvement.

Thanks for everyone's good wishes and help so far  :)

(are they all such messy eaters, though?)  

He is picking through the feed to get the grains he prefers, this is why there is a mess.

Once he is better & you have him on a strict feeding program he will not make a mess till the result drops from his ass  :P ;D

best of luck Stevie

whats todays update?

Hi mate, thanks for asking! He's doing well and is eating good (a bit slow to eat this morning, but had head in his bowl loads tonight). He's been stretching his wings today and was moving pretty fast around the kitchen! I'm sure he's putting on weight as he felt so light last Friday. Will post a pic tomorrow to celebrate week 1. By the way, droppings being looked at by forum expert :-)

Cheers again for taking the time to ask, and to everyone else for the interest. Watch this space for pic :-)