ets rule change

cowman

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you dont put the pad underneath the landing board.

Although the way I interpret the rule you would have to have bob wires on each tunnel so that the bird is not timed  before its confined,but then Alen Gibb interprets it another way.

No. I mean Stall and Hole, once the bird goes into the first part it will drop through a Bob wire for instance in no time. So what's the problem :-/

And pearse1888 how simple it is to place another board behind the Bob wire an inch below to be legal and far.

But in all honest 98% of every fancier, site members all know the truth here, YOU WANT another Few seconds advantage over the Manual clockers. You are bleat simply for more UNFAIR advantage. Simple reality that and EVERYONE knows it, Manual and ET timers alike.

It's been change to make it fairer and still to help those disabled etc.  Won't be recinded regardless of your bleat and tears ... It's here to stay, get over it!

And as any fair minded and decent fancier will say 'SO IT SHOULD STAY AS IT AS BEEN CHANGED TO'!

pads in corridor are ok?????????. well out of the sky land in the corridor on top of the pad  at same time .

oh n i forgot you have to close the door behind.... beggers belief by the time youve closed the door the widowhoodcocks shot his fat rolled over n having a fag ......

and ROLAND as for allowing 15-20 seconds to clock a pigeon you aint real!!!

WHY IS A SUPERTRAP LEGAL WHEN IT DELIBERATLY PREVENTS A PIGEON ENTERING A LOFT

SO IT CAN BE TIMED oh and they do turnround and get out !!!

and how many have and will decline ets and clubs impose no ets even though many have been succesfull in grants????????

TECHNOLOGY.

THE PRINCIPLE OF ANY RACE IS TO COVER A SET DISTANCE AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE,

OH N THEN RECORD THAT TIME  OMEGA

http://www.rpra.org/RPRANews/tabid/57/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/20/Rule-241.aspx

The members at the 2010 AGM proposed and voted to adopt a new Rule as follows:

241 The positioning of the ETS sensors/antennae will not be allowed on any landing boards or other external surface in a position where the electronic ring can trigger the sensors before the bird is confined within the loft or trap.

Club Officials may make random checks at any time.

Contravention of this rule will result in disciplinary action under Rule 70(a).

At its meeting in March 2010, Council decided that:

“So long as, at the time of clocking, the pigeon is inside the loft, then it is legally clocked regardless of whether the doors to the loft are open.â€

xtccock do you know what your on about?  :-/ Get real. And of course a bird can, and have, got out of Stall traps etc. Why .... Bad managerment. And if you for a second try to put over that a bird that is motivated, has endeavoured to get home ASAP will then goes into a stall trap and then decide to struggle to get out for no reason then you sadly miss something. Like the motivated bird that sits out for ten minutes after getting home as fast as it can ... In your dreams. Bad management  if scared every week by being grabbed.... but then ofcourse this is another good bonus regard the ET.

As for the timeing and giving 20 sec. That was the results of an independant RPRA finding. And yes Barry was suprised when he had 6 drop through the trap together. T3 mean  - although in the loft every bird was exactly 12 seconds between them. And if you can't work out that on a fast race a velocity of 1760 means that a a ET timed bird can be a 1/4 of a mile behind and still win then there is simply no hope for you.

And as for a High horse, i suppose you mean you can't afford one lol.  Simple a lot of monet, like many have, and pence to make it legal. But you want your cake and eat. No high horse, just facts you want extra, and unfair advantage. Sqeal and spout all you like. Siplicity dictates your ansewers... You hate, like xtccock, for any advantage over the already unadvantage Manual clocker to be lost and to be fair. Truth!

If not, instead of spouting Myths and scenario's come up with a valid reason why you deserve more advantage and why you don't like it. For none have certainly not been logical or fair and fair yet.

So why spout and cry over the new ruling? We all know that. And for your info, a couple of Nationals have been won via a splitting of a decimal where the second has said 'If I'd Et...'

Funnily when given a ten second handicap, the rsults would have been different. Yes many time for umpteen reasons 10 seconds or more may have been lost via the 2nd, or 3rd birds ... But we are talking of a consistantcy with the ET's.

So No most the best birds doesn't neccesarily win, whether bad timing or location, wind etc.

But then that's another matter which we have decided to have no control over ... But at least the RPRA have acted in fairness this time in regards the ET new ruling. And for once, because it is such a rarity we should applaud then instead of trying scenarios to better ones selves. JMO

Read it again Tony - where a bird goes through an open door and is then clocked there will be no need to close the door behind it. I take the view that a folding landing board which is used to close the loft is also a door.

Alen, that very senario was covered for the very likes of that case. Answer simply that it has no bearing. Nor should it. Once in your hands it is confined. Whether you let it our again isniether here nor there. Further the RPRA made it clear that though many will come up with these selfish scenario, they won't wash. And quite rightly so, and yes I have the ET. No i don't want even more unfair advantage. Yes I m prepared not to use it when one club the member don't have it. And Yes all the 'Good' ponts are fine and should be adhered to the spirit that they are intended, and for those that it helps great. For those of you that wish to cheat Tough, I hope you all get caught that do!. And Yes I know I get more advantage every week over a manual clockerand moreso as the season(s) go on.... And so do you!

And yes I am more than willing to give any manual clocker 15 to 20 seconds on the first bird and 12 seconds there after Are you?

So Boo Hoo cry till the salt runs dry. For you are simply just moaning about losing a little of your advantage That gives you even now a 1/4 of a mile over a Manual clocker. dare I say 'Improve and try harder  to win. Put more time and effort into it as the ET brigade spout out regularly.

Roland - whoever you are - I am not a cheat. I have spent good money on fitting my loft with traps which complied with the original rule. I believe they still comply. I would welcome any one to object to anything I might win in the coming seasons. I strongly believe in complying with rules and I am sure that my set-up would not be faulted should the need ever arise. Try not to insult people with unfounded accusations.

Alen Gibb wrote quote ' .....................Try not to insult people with unfounded accusations.' End of quote.

Also he says Quote ' .............I strongly believe in complying with rules...’

I'm sure he believes that. But of course his post refer something very different. Fact! So A. I don't owe you a jot, and B. Certainly not for casting any aspersions as I have only related what you yourselves have stated. REGARDLESS how you wrap it up!

So Alen simple accept the new ruling as it was and in the spirit it was made and intended'! So in a nutshell stop asking for a sway, or a different scenarios to get a ‘Change’ view ... Especially from us that can't do a thing about it and ARE WILLING to accept, indeed accepted we HAVE to accept. Any trapping device you have Alen, or have bought can, and should, be easily converted to make it legal, to do the same in essence what the majority have to do, which is simply to have control of a bird after it has raced and homed. Why oh why anyone should think you have a given right for special favours, - when you already have more than enough over the manual clocker beats me, and all manual clocker’s. So accept and get over it.

Still a darn site faster, still prevents trap shy birds,  - from constantly being handled, and as for the second bird onwards a vast difference. When 38 or more are timed in within a second, just how does that equate to not having advantage enough.

Mind Alen, I further think like the vast majority that the original ruling was wrong, unjust and as such deemed to be so. Hence for once a wrong has been righted. Now where are the RPRA wrong in that? they aren't of course. More a case - as forecasted 'Bully for us (ET's timers) and tough for them.)

Your' other birds will devastate the minor placings. Placing when if 12 land together each to adjacent lofts, the ET timers 12 will be in the clock before the manual clocker regardless of this ruling. Now is that just?  :-/ Of course not, and many will lose placing, cards and money due to that fact. Yet still more wants more eh!

AND THE RESULTS STILL STAY THE SAME

winners will be winners regardless of timing

absolute bull $hit ,when a race is very tight every second counts an i do mean every second and now with ets every milli second counts ,so i cant beleive for a minute you think by having a ets pad on a landing board as apposed to inside any type of trap wont change some race results . roland your spot on mate  A BIG WELL DONE TO THE RPRA . i hope other unions follow suit . ;)

if the bird has to go thru bobwires before it hits the sensor then i think that fanciers will just lift the bobs up and secure them till the first of the birds are timed and drop them back down once the leading birds are in the loft for the latecomers coming home jmo

if the bird has to go thru bobwires before it hits the sensor then i think that fanciers will just lift the bobs up and secure them till the first of the birds are timed and drop them back down once the leading birds are in the loft for the latecomers coming home jmo

martin i dont think they need to go through bobs as long as they go inside the loft ,but some of these so called ets traps are put on front of loft and birds are clocked before actually going inside ,like a sputnik trap if a bird drops through into the board inside then as far as im concerned its in the loft ,no probs , but some clock their birds in and they are standing looking in instead of being in if you know what i mean.

know exactly what you mean stuart if someone put a sensor under the landing part of a sputnik on top of something that can easily be removed if someone comes sniffing about then that is desperate and cheating my own pads are still sealed in from the very 1st year they were put in and why the shu done away with the rule that all ets pads be sealed by a club official still baffles me

know exactly what you mean stuart if someone put a sensor under the landing part of a sputnik on top of something that can easily be removed if someone comes sniffing about then that is desperate and cheating my own pads are still sealed in from the very 1st year they were put in and why the shu done away with the rule that all ets pads be sealed by a club official still baffles me

100% correct mate  but some out there still want more of an advantage ,me i dont realy care about it i just fight for the boys that want to compete at the shorter races  and it all to be fair ,where the ets is at the long races  dont really matter as you need to get a bird home before you can clock it , but the early ones and the very fast ones a second could make the difference between winning and 7th ,hope you have a wonderfull season mate .

cheers

stuart

100% correct mate  but some out there still want more of an advantage ,me i dont realy care about it i just fight for the boys that want to compete at the shorter races  and it all to be fair ,where the ets is at the long races  dont really matter as you need to get a bird home before you can clock it , but the early ones and the very fast ones a second could make the difference between winning and 7th ,hope you have a wonderfull season mate .

cheers

stuart

cheers stuart you as well and i hope you get another coming thru the ranks to replace your good hen