ets rule change

cowman

Roland - you are completely missing the point. Hundreds have purchased or designed traps which complied with the original rule. I have no idea what 'the spirit' of the rule was but I complied with it.

The spirit of the drink drive laws is that you shouldn't drink and drive - the law on the part of the police must be carried out to the letter and, even if you're blind drunk and they haven't followed the correct procedures, you'll get away with it 'on a technicality'. But I suppose all you people who go on about the 'spirit of the rule' wouldn't take advantage of a technicality if you got caught!

IF I had to change my system (and I don't think I will need to) it would cost me in the region of £400 - "I don't want a 'botched up job" on my loft and so cannot simply alter my current traps. If I knew how to post photos I would show you. I am not interested in short 'flapping' races and never expect to get multiple arrivals - I often have only one bird read when others below me want four or more read.

I did not buy ETS for an advantage in timing; it's nice to win but I get my pleasure from seeing my birds home in a reasonable time. ETS saves me from stressing the birds, saves me writing out entry sheets and gives me an accurate records of my birds' arrival times. The fact I might save a few seconds means nothing to me - I usually need to save minutes rather than seconds even on short blow homes!

Have the good grace to accept someone else's point of view especially someone who you don't know and whose character and integrity as regards pigeon racing has never been questioned.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aled, I think you are missing the point on at least two accounts. NO trapping mechanism ever invented would, or could cost £400 to have a slight alteration. It is just not feasible. Your birds I take it, on these system you bought, allows the birds to enter – regardless of what stage, or process, to actually enter your loft. So a simple devise must be available to allow you to put a pad, 2 inches lower when they are in.

And two, I’m not calling you a cheat, or saying you will… But many will be, no two ways about that.

The RPRA have done this to even up an unjust ruling. One that they were well aware of I have no doubt whatsoever when they made it.

They have bow, reluctantly I’d wager, to the majority that were, are and still will be at a great disadvantage.

Now as any law abiding fancier can see, and read, and understand, or have it explained to them, the RPRA have made it crystal clear that to time a bird in, it must be for a brief period confined to barracks, as any bird manually clocked has to be. Ok after they have been timed in, if the fancier allows, or lets, or the scenario is that they can / could again go outside so be it. Nothing changed there then.

But the RPRA also knows full well that many will kick up, (which you and many more did / have) and many will flout the law. – Not for a moment saying you will Aled - Hence why the RPRA have had Dc this that, and the other, WRITE UP in their’ rags as such. This is simply to reinforce their’ commitment to this new ruling… AS useless as the ruling is in reality. But totally fair and right, and just, as far as the vast majority of the fancy are concerned.

Aled, answer just one question, why are you and other so upset, and pain seekingly trying to get around this ruling and want to be able to time in without any containment whatsoever to the bird…. Only one answer to why, and that is because …

Tell you what, for a fiver I’ll come and alter them traps for you and make them just as good and legal as to this new ruling, and I’m a bodge artiste and not a ‘Chippy’.

So depending where you live I’ll get a ‘Chippy’ with me. Indeed I won’t even split the difference with the money you will save!

I had to have a string mechanism to my trap that pulls the trapping board up inside, with a pad underneath it, and fasten it to hooks at the side. Why? Because I have sliding doors with bob wires.

I still haven’t used my ET yet. Why, well I didn’t want unfair advantage over manual clocker’s and offered them all 20 first bird, and 12 seconds every other bird there after. And I already give some up to 10 – 15 miles to flyers Easy of me. So they I could say have enough advantage on their side already.

Mind having said that I actually resigned from that club this last AGM.

Aled 1000's are, and have been taken advantage of... Just what part of an little more of an even playing field do yuyou dislike?

here we go again    GROW UP .

Well said Hotrod. That trival, and silly ole lame potatoe is well baked, and only those unable to say why they want even more advantage, and admit to it spout that cr$p. So soap, wash yer hair and fit the cap on it.

The way I read it is that most if not all the commercial traps which have been sold do comply with the new rule if you regard a folding landing board capable of closing the loft to be a 'door'. Provided the ETS sensors are inside the loft the bird will be legally clocked whether or not the 'door' is closed behind it. JMO but I am sticking to it until proved otherwise. As an ETS official of my club I am advising all members of my thoughts.

This is a very good point........nice one :)

Guest vander mungo
really cant see why the bird has to be confined after timing .. they will be saying next stall traps are not allowed

a stall trap bird is timed outside of the bob wires ,and is legal. a ets bird timed outside of bob wires is not legal.this RPRA.rule wont last to hard to enforce,as both methods of timing in birds ,could pick holes in it

Think the RPRA needs to give their rulings a bit of a major overall before they become fair Roland or perhaps they should get someone who understands the systems to make the rules  There seems to be one rule for ets and one for clocks and they have done nothing to improve the situation with ets the bird I think is supposed  to go into the loft theres no rule though stopping you timing your bird outside the loft with a conventional clock same as with ets you can have 2 pads for timing in your birds but your only allowed 1 clock   If anything needs changing perhaps we should look at those who are making the rules and how much they know about what they are doing

Rose I am very suprise to say the least that you, of all people resort to that. They would still need to handle the bird, and if in that scenario it happens, once in a very long odds, but know of one that did, he / she or they would have to handle the bird to take the rubbet off. When in ones hand the bird is confined.

Besides nothing stops a ET from having a open door as the RPRA state. And of course that would still be a darn site quicker to place a leg on a pad than take of the rubber etc.

If you wish to get the RPRA to open up a fairer and more even playing field, how about getting the Radiouses, and sections to become a reality rather than to pamper those able to afford and pick a location, orbe in a prime location. Nothing wrong with them being in them sites, of course not... but at least have a Corridor that is relevant!

Guest vander mungo

SO IF YOU CLOCK THE BIRD OUTSIDE THE LOFT HOW IS IT AS THE RPRA RULES  STATE CONFINED TO THE LOFT?

the RPRA used to be looked on as leading figure for most unions,who would follow suit.but seem to be making up rules as they go along,on anyones quim.went right down in my estimation as aleading figure

WHERE DOES IT SAY BIRDS AVE TO BE CONFINED AFTER MANUAL CLOKING IT SMACKS OF 1 RULE 4 1 AND 1 4 ANOTHER :-/

i think the wording of this rule is still iffy , let me explain ,  no 1 manual clocking  to clock a bird first you have to catch the bird ,take off rubber either put in thimble or straight to clock ,so if you can catch the bird then it must be in the loft or caught in the stall trap (so has dropped into stall trap) ,correct?   no2  ets birds lands on board walks towards trap (before bobs) if you like looks in clocks turns away and is not in the confines of the loft is it ? THE RULE IS THERE FOR ALL TO SEE (and most know exactly what it means )BUT SOME WANT TO EXPLOIT IT JMO

THATS MY POINT

how would you like the rpra to bring in a rule that you must catch your pigeon and scan the bird to clock it ,it would be a fair way on par with conventional clocking would it not ?

I suppose if you do time a pigeon outside the loft you have in a way confined it to take the rubber of still think the rules are bit open ended though and can be interpreted in different ways but im sure when any problems arise from them they will think up another rule to cover it  I wonder how many rule changes there will be before they get it right  ;D

yes rose correct this is why i wont get ets ,not until its all sorted out and fair to everyone .

how would you like the rpra to bring in a rule that you must catch your pigeon and scan the bird to clock it ,it would be a fair way on par with conventional clocking would it not ?

SORRY M8 WAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS IF A PIGEON IS COFINED THEN ITS CONFINED IN STALLS BUT UNDER NEW RULES  STALLS AR ILLEGAL 4 USE WITH ETS SO IT CAN BE CLAIMED ITR AS QUIK CONVENTIONALLY

BUT ITS ALWAYS THE SAME WEN NEW WAYS OF CLOCING COME ONTO THE SCENE IT WAS THE SAME WI T3'S NOW ITS ETS

yes rose correct this is why i wont get ets ,not until its all sorted out and fair to everyone .

Exactly mate too many unanswered questions regarding the validity off theses timing systems.There seems to be no consistency with them,constant updates,reliability issues and now maintenance fees in the pipe line.Also how many clubs are sending officials to view and inspect where exactly were the pads are located.?????????????????????????????

SORRY M8 WAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS IF A PIGEON IS COFINED THEN ITS CONFINED IN STALLS BUT UNDER NEW RULES  STALLS AR ILLEGAL 4 USE WITH ETS SO IT CAN BE CLAIMED ITR AS QUIK CONVENTIONALLY

BUT ITS ALWAYS THE SAME WEN NEW WAYS OF CLOCING COME ONTO THE SCENE IT WAS THE SAME WI T3'S NOW ITS ETS

how the fk can you clock a bird conventionaly as quick as ets  dont be daft now . and i dont have stall traps my birds enter through bobs into loft and are usually caught at the drinker or in nest box to be clocked and everytime if the bird is drinking i wait till its finnish before picking it up . i could not care less about ets im onlt interested in  long distance races where you have to have a bird with mine to beat me with your ets and most times most are well behind mine .

how the fk can you clock a bird conventionaly as quick as ets  dont be daft now . and i dont have stall traps my birds enter through bobs into loft and are usually caught at the drinker or in nest box to be clocked and everytime if the bird is drinking i wait till its finnish before picking it up . i could not care less about ets im onlt interested in  long distance races where you have to have a bird with mine to beat me with your ets and most times most are well behind mEine .

AM JUST REPEATING WAT A MENBER SAID ON ERE

IM SORRY M8 DON'T KNOW OW CLOSE YOUR NXT LOFT IS TO YOU BUT WE GOT 29 LOFTS IN A TINY RADIUS SO IF YOU GOT TIME FER YOUR BIRDS TO DRINK GOOD LUCK TO YER