just had a strike

Taylorsloft

i let mine out for the first time on saturday since sept .

the second i let out a ruddy great buzzard took off from the field behind the loft

18 cocks going in all directions , i know buzzards wount hurt them but the pigeons dont know that

it  realy blew the cobwebs of them i will give the hens ago next week ready for pairing up in feb

Sorry to hear of your problem Mate.

Check the internet for a Swedish Goshawk Trap. I have made several. For Crows you understand.

Best bait is cockatiels in an avairy. They will bring them in from everywhere and let you know that they are there. They make a heck of a din.

Owen

its always interesting to read comments regarding this problem and wether to let the birds out or not!

In a few weeks people will start letting birds out after having had them confined for a few months, the birds will be unfit and will not excercise well for a while. During this time they will be hit by hawks!

I bred a batch of latebreds that go out every day for excercise and fly for an hour before coming straight back in for feed, they range accross the sky and not a single one has been touched as they are very fit and have become street wise to the hawks!

Those who have kept there birds shut in prepare for losses!

Phil

Guest Freebird
its always interesting to read comments regarding this problem and wether to let the birds out or not!

In a few weeks people will start letting birds out after having had them confined for a few months, the birds will be unfit and will not excercise well for a while. During this time they will be hit by hawks!

I bred a batch of latebreds that go out every day for excercise and fly for an hour before coming straight back in for feed, they range accross the sky and not a single one has been touched as they are very fit and have become street wise to the hawks!

Those who have kept there birds shut in prepare for losses!

Great post and very true.

Phil

those traps are known as larson traps in england and can be bought legaly for trapping crows and magpies  ;) ;) ;) ;)

any shooting magazine will offer them for sale  8) 8) 8) 8)

You still have to apply to Defra for a licence to trap Corvids in a larsen trap........