just had a strike

Taylorsloft

that's only the 2nd time in 10 years so i am lucky cant Even find the pigeon so no damage  :) :)

Where are you  ;D ;D Paradise etc, 2 in 10 years  :) :) spare plot next door by chance, I'm on the move if there is. I have been wacked 3 times in the last 7 days (Blood & feathers everywhere) type thing & that's about normal.

Enjoy.

You still have to apply to Defra for a licence to trap Corvids in a larsen trap........

Wasn't interested in trapping any Corvids .... Magpies are vermin still I believe, likewise Squirrells and rats etc.

I agree yes Magpies, crows rooks are all vermin and a magpie is part of the corvid family............

no licence required for magpies!

The traps are easy to make as well, hardest part is making good springs for the top flap.

Under the terms of the general licence issued by DEFRA, only magpies, crows, jays, jackdaws and rooks can be trapped. You do need a licence to trap Magpies.............

Under the terms of the general licence issued by DEFRA, only magpies, crows, jays, jackdaws and rooks can be trapped. You do need a licence to trap Magpies.............

John, how do you deal with the hawk problem? Where are you?

Hi Albear, at the moment i don't have pigeons just waiting on loft etc etc, but hopefully should be up and running this yr racing.. I am in Notts but more city than out in the sticks so don't really have problems with raptors......In the 13 yrs of me being at this abode i think i have seen the 1 sparrowhawk have a go at a blackbird.. Apart from the odd kestrel hovering over the fields at the bck of us nothing more than that really......

Hi Albear at the moment m8 i don't have pigeons, just waiting on loft etc etc, but hopefully should be up and running this yr racing... I live more inner city than out in the sticks so only ever get the odd kestrel hovering over the back field, regards controlling raptors m8 i don't think you can if i had a solution no doubt i would be very rich m8.... Unfortunately a pigeon is food to certain raptors just like a cat another predator of the pigeon.....

those traps are known as larson traps in england and can be bought legaly for trapping crows and magpies  ;) ;) ;) ;)

any shooting magazine will offer them for sale  8) 8) 8) 8)

The Larson traps I have seen are not like the Swedish trap. The Larson's are more like a large net covered square frame with a hole in the top. The Swedish works with spring-loaded sides that close when a trip-stick is hit by whatever is being trapped. Very, very effective -- but one should keep in mind local laws governing such things.

Another option is to contact a falconry club and ask for assistance in trapping and removing hawks. Many of those enthusiasts are licensed to trap falcons and hawks.