When is a youngbird not a Youngbird?

Chairman

So do we all agree that hiding the year of birth ring so it can be raced as an old bird is to deceive and therefor breaks RPRA rule 70 (a) dishonourable conduct.

The rules do not need changed and there is no loop hole in them as rule 70 (a) forbids deception.

PS. The RPRA rule book is online at.

http://www.rpra.org/Portals/1/RPRA%20Rule%20Book%202008.pdf

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you do that hotrod you might learn something

oh happy days

i nave had a wee while to think what i could learn from you ,and the only thing i can come up with is how to cheat(bend the rules)

thats your way of putting it isnt it

So do we all agree that hiding the year of birth ring so it can be raced as an old bird is to deceive and therefor breaks RPRA rule 70 (a) dishonourable conduct.

The rules do not need changed and there is no loop hole in them as rule 70 (a) forbids deception.

PS. The RPRA rule book is online at.

http://www.rpra.org/Portals/1/RPRA%20Rule%20Book%202008.pdf

its down to opion on whether u think this is dishonourable or not from what i can see

cant see the part about decepion

not against or for but for argument's sake lets say ure young are 6 days old on the day before end of the year and u ring them with 2008 rings well wouldn't they be ok  then ring them with 2009 on the 7th day ie the first of january

its down to opion on whether u think this is dishonourable or not from what i can see

cant see the part about decepion

not against or for but for argument's sake lets say ure young are 6 days old on the day before end of the year and u ring them with 2008 rings well wouldn't they be ok  then ring them with 2009 on the 7th day ie the first of january

Dishonourable = deceptive, fraudulent; cheat, defraud, or deceive and that is what you are doing if you hide the fact that the bird is carrying a 2009 young bird ring so it can race as an old bird. It is a young bird or an old bird it cannot be both.

If as a club secretary you would carry this verification out, you are not allowed to do so without the permission of the owner.

Should you in your godly posistion as secretary interfere with this members bird, you will find yourself taken to court for discremination against that fancier and also on a charge of interference with a members race entries.

Before you act I think it wise to get the club covered with a good Insuarance policy, but even check the small print as you will find out you are not covered for an Incidence of Injustice, which is what you doing if you choose to carryout this act of misconduct in your heavenly posistion as secretary.

The simple answer is this cannot be stopped, until a rule is introduced against this happening, yes its frightening to think what would occur in your own club but the simple thing is we cannot act or enforce it happening until a rule is introduced.

Oh Happy Days!

If as a club secretary you would carry this verification out, you are not allowed to do so without the permission of the owner.Should you in your godly posistion as secretary interfere with this members bird, you will find yourself taken to court for discremination against that fancier and also on a charge of interference with a members race entries.

Before you act I think it wise to get the club covered with a good Insuarance policy, but even check the small print as you will find out you are not covered for an Incidence of Injustice, which is what you doing if you choose to carryout this act of misconduct in your heavenly posistion as secretary.

The simple answer is this cannot be stopped, until a rule is introduced against this happening, yes its frightening to think what would occur in your own club but the simple thing is we cannot act or enforce it happening until a rule is introduced.

Oh Happy Days!

haven't had time to check (just got in ;)) where does it state this???

If a Fed wished to stop this practice all they would have to do is make a rule that states, if a pigeon is double rung,both rings must be of the same year.

it would have to be rattified by your governing body

if it was not in line with thier rules it wouldnt pass

If as a club secretary you would carry this verification out, you are not allowed to do so without the permission of the owner.

Should you in your godly posistion as secretary interfere with this members bird, you will find yourself taken to court for discremination against that fancier and also on a charge of interference with a members race entries.

Oh Happy Days!

this can be stopped only due to rule change, so for those who wish to call it cgeating or deception.... what about when you run out of young bird rings and ring the pigeon with an old ring... do you not decieve those in your club ... doing what you state , by not carrying a ring of the birds birth... let those who have never put an old ring on a young bird cast the first stone !!!!!

you should all consider using this to your advantage......

Oh Happy Days!

this can be stopped only due to rule change, so for those who wish to call it cgeating or deception.... what about when you run out of young bird rings and ring the pigeon with an old ring... do you not decieve those in your club ... doing what you state , by not carrying a ring of the birds birth... let those who have never put an old ring on a young bird cast the first stone !!!!!

joe 61 cant you get it  ,its not about putting an old ring on a youngster. its wrong to put two rings of different years on a youngster, its ok if the 2 rings are the same year, i suppose that happens but not up here in scotland , you would be booted out the club for doing it.

whats wrong with entering them as trainers which a lot of clubs allow as youngsters (with one ring on ) its deceitful to put two on.AS far as im concerned its a form of cheating , ive actually brought up about maybe sending some youngsters to the comeback races just to teach them , not for me though for all other clubmates, as i dont normally race youngsters, and if i do its only 1 or 2 to about 100 miles then i would'nt hesitate to send them to france as yearlings 470-500  miles , in fact any yearlings ive done this with have  always come home.

thats your opinion hotrod and opinions will vary, but what about competing with them also, some countrys do just that.. we in britain are so far behind other countrys in regards our sport in general.

people now fly youngsters on widowhood.

all the best joe 61 nearly 62 oh happy days

thats your opinion hotrod and opinions will vary, but what about competing with them also, some countrys do just that.. we in britain are so far behind other countrys in regards our sport in general.

all the best joe 61 nearly 62 oh happy days

a year older i doubt any wiser ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

if this happens then you are not trying to decieve anyone, you have just ran out of rings and it's better to have an old ring than none at all. besides if you have ran out of rings, chances are the young bird would be too young to race anyway, never mind race against old birds.

as hotrod quoted you wouldn't get away with it up here, no matter what threats of court rulings chairman is trying to convince everyone with. personaly I'd take my chances in court, confident that even a blind man would see through what you guys are up to.

on another note I sincerely wish you or anyone else all the best that wish to continue this practice to gain the "edge or advantage" if you so desire. but just ask yourselves why you feel you have to sink so low to try in your so obvious desperatation to gain a race ticket against a normal flyer. Is it because you will never attain that "edge or advantage" or even be able to compete against him using the rules as they were meant to be interpreted. If that is the case then you really are kidding yourselves on as you will always be also rans!

And just think how much better he feels knowing what you are up to and he still manages to beat you as he undoubtably will as he is obviously a much better flyer than you could ever hope to be. Happy flyin guys ;D ;D ;D

the thread has had some very good points,and some not so good.

what is getting alot of people upset is the tapeing up  and the decite

to put the 2 rings on of different years just to get a advantage in the ybs is wrong.

the simple way is just ask can I put ybs in as trainers, you will get a yes or no,

and no one will be upset