SNFC/SNRPC Returns

sapper756

how is it the same fanciers names appear time and time again on the results -- how is it these fanciers seem to overcome these difficulties --  or is it just nit picking --- saying that,   transportation should be constantly addressed

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really Johno its got nowt to do with you cos your no a member and just a sh** stirrer. We know whats goin on in the financial world without outsiders interfering.

mr wishbone i would suggest nobody has a clue what is going on in the financial world or the flying club for that matter. i know of one organisation on the west coast who asked for a quote from geraldy and went back a matter of weeks later and it had increased by almost £3,000 pounds due to currency difference and rising costs of materials, fuel etc.  

i was shocked to hear how much the flying club have lost this year so far, in fact i think the members will be stunned when they get the balance sheets through.

the flying club needs strong leadership in all departments from president to secetrary to race controlling etc etc, we had doo men years ago who were excellent at this but somehow we have lost these men from the game or to other organisations. how do the members stop the rot.

when i read post with comments like those from mr wishbone and colckman and maverick it worries me because it is like they have their heads stuck in the sand and dont care what happens. if the club is to prosper major change is needed in the attitude of all concerned.

just a reply to maverick and your reply regarding the transit van, and please correct me if i am wrong here but this comment about the transit is in relation to the midland fed transporting their birds to a race point this year in a transit van, now the irony here maverick is that the secetrary of the flying club is/was also holding the same position in the midland fed, so some food for thought here maybe.

Guest bigda
my club is part of glasgow fed. gordon is a member of glasgow fed and secretary of my club. we use the glasgow transporter.

is the transporter gordon geddis or glasgows

is the transporter gordon geddis or glasgows

Honestly don't see where this line of questioning is headed. Johno made a reasonable observation on costs. Think the point to make here is that you don't need outright ownership of the facilities, but what you do need is access to them, and there are many options like joint ownership, lease, hire etc.

Maybe shot in the dark for me, but my understanding is that Geraldy is no longer state of the art in the UK;  the state of the art pigeon transporter here are those unit(s) built a couple of years back for the (English) NFC in collaboration with one of the Universities. They incorporate the very latest knowledge of pigeon transportation needs. My next shot in the dark would be a deal for SNFC to get the use of these. Bit costly to purchase one for 7? races over 4 months.

i am watching with interest the threads regarding the recent national returns there is no question that the geraldy transporters are the only way to go if you then have a good convoyer you are giving them the best possible start  As to heads in the sand i think it goes hand in hand with pigeon racing in 1996 i offered to air condititon the then east of scotland transporter i did all the calcs with another guy went to the then president and was told we dont need anything like that completely missing the point that its the birds who are the be all and end all and nothing should be left to chance

Guest bigda
yes

just thought it was gordon geddis that owned it him self and no one else so your are the ones  who control who uses it then or hire no other fed have  claim to it

just thought it was gordon geddis that owned it him self and no one else so your are the ones  who control who uses it then or hire no other fed have  claim to it

bigda which of the 2 geraldy transporters are you talking about the one glasgow fed owns or the one gordon owns himself. i will try and make this as easy for you take in as possible. the fed owns one and gordon owns the other. hope that was not to difficult to understand............ ;D

Guest bigda

bigda which of the 2 geraldy transporters are you talking about the one glasgow fed owns or the one gordon owns himself. i will try and make this as easy for you take in as possible. the fed owns one and gordon owns the other. hope that was not to difficult to understand............ ;D

do you or gordon hire them out to lanarkshire or any other fed

why not the snfc buy transporters and rent them out to other feds like my own fed who could use it all season long and duplicate into snfc races just like falaise

or joint venture with snfc/ lanarkshire/midland fed to buy one large and one small transporter

all we need is for midland and lanarkshire to have the same race programme as the snfc

Really Johno its got nowt to do with you cos your no a member and just a sh** stirrer. We know whats goin on in the financial world without outsiders interfering.

the man was only passing an opinion, no need to get hot and bothered about  is it  because its somebody outwith your beloved fed or snfc grow up man this is  what causes  disputes on this site and is uncalled for , but its o.k. for you to slag the new national you make me  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

the man was only passing an opinion, no need to get hot and bothered about  is it  because its somebody outwith your beloved fed or snfc grow up man this is  what causes  disputes on this site and is uncalled for , but its o.k. for you to slag the new national you make me  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Well put Harry--I think you forgot to mention that the SNRPC was formed to allow fanciers to continue to race pigeons as opposed to those who would have been happy to have put them out of pigeon racing.

why not the snfc buy transporters and rent them out to other feds like my own fed who could use it all season long and duplicate into snfc races just like falaise

or joint venture with snfc/ lanarkshire/midland fed to buy one large and one small transporter

all we need is for midland and lanarkshire to have the same race programme as the snfc

Makes sense Bart

Guest bigda
their is no hiring out we joint convoy we are all part of the combine why the great interist bigda

just wondering if there was  enough room for kirkys young birds

to race with the glasgow fed how manny birds do you convoy