snfc

snfc

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about 3 o/bird Nat. ST  one rennes. then nantes. and then sartilly last race. y/bird nat. cheltenham. that would get the help numbers for distance racing. 2010.

yes i would say thats the  way,  no burden to the national at all, then able to  control there own destiny,  rather than big feds,  calling the shots,  all for the sake of  the drag, and the national loosing its  identity, for distance races ;) :-/ a thousand members  must want  there own way and type  of races, with out taking Pilgrims, hope those elected can see the  wood rather than the trees, bigda as it is ;)

yes i would say thats the  way,  no burden to the national at all, then able to  control there own destiny,  rather than big feds,  calling the shots,  all for the sake of  the drag, and the national loosing its  identity, for distance races ;) :-/ a thousand members  must want  there own way and type  of races, with out taking Pilgrims, hope those elected can see the  wood rather than the trees, bigda as it is ;)

Sorry big Da , I only look forward to the inland nationals, and the bird age is high so it can’t be a burden on them , they will make money, my fed is in the central belt and not the biggest but lots of good positions in the inland Nat, and neighbouring ones, it has no impact in the water races, the distance men  still go about the job just the same. ;) ;)

I think there should only be five national races , the proposal for seven races is not  in the interest of the club or the average team fancier ,limiting the ability to compete for SNFC averages to a small percentage of fanciers.

IN the up north combine we have 8 nationals, this lets everyone have a go at the nationals, mabe they only race one. you already have 2 national clubs up there, and if you want to bring more people into your club, not shun more away, you need to come into the 21 century stop thinking like dinosaurs and start thinking of the future of the sport.. ;) ;)

IN the up north combine we have 8 nationals, this lets everyone have a go at the nationals, mabe they only race one. you already have 2 national clubs up there, and if you want to bring more people into your club, not shun more away, you need to come into the 21 century stop thinking like dinosaurs and start thinking of the future of the sport.. ;) ;)

I THINK WHAT CHRYSSYboy   is saying is most fanciers dont keep big enough teams to compete in so many national races.  which in turn means a lot of races would not be well supported to make them viable

I THINK WHAT CHRYSSYboy   is saying is most fanciers dont keep big enough teams to compete in so many national races.  which in turn means a lot of races would not be well supported to make them viable

see were you coming from ;) ;)

i thinkl theres a wind up in the pipe line  :P :P :P :P

lets see if we can keep at least 1 snfc topic civil, and on topic please, if possible  :)

you will have to give blk wf his own thread again Pete n keep him off  ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

STB

You wont find whats viable if you dont try more races :)

Your inland nationals are well supported :)

and your longest one isint :)

so should you stop the longest one :-/

how about 3 o/bird nat. 1st  one rennes. then nantes. and then sartilly last race. y/bird nat. cheltenham. that would get the help numbers for distance racing. 2010.
Looks ok to me but i think you could have eastbourne in there as an inland derby or nat.Ive said it for years too many unimportant races with not enough birds going to them.Definatley needing to revamp the programme if feds  want to duplicate then the last sartilly is there for that.The snfc should get back to basics.

Sorry big Da , I only look forward to the inland nationals, and the bird age is high so it can’t be a burden on them , they will make money, my fed is in the central belt and not the biggest but lots of good positions in the inland Nat, and neighbouring ones, it has no impact in the water races, the distance men  still go about the job just the same. ;) ;)

yes the sprint racing is the best, i agree with you there,  but you are throwing your cash away,  as the national  men  will not put up  good prize money for yous,  at that distance, in fact will not give you any recognition should you win it,  the most of the fly boys in the national,  try and get the money for the distance races,   knowing  fine well new starters will never catch up with them, as to having  a family of birds at the 500+ races  so bigda is here to put you all in the know of your plight before you go to your agm,  try and  get the 2 inland races prize money,  and you will see the slime balls come out the wood  work,  better still ask the national and get it proposed, at the agm   the prize money get  linked to the entry   5,000   doos  = £5000    300 doos =£300 prize money  and as i have heard they all say they are not in  it for the money good then  why  should you join the national  and see your cash  go to the same   50 guys every year  with only  some 250 birds at the races but the prize money  is the biggest, have a think about it lads  all the top men on here and i can call on them all say we don't fly for  money  ;) ;)   so  should have no trouble with the vote then  bigda as it is   heard it here first :) :) ;D ;D :X

Guest stevie-b

i think the inland national is a good idea to generate money some of the stuff that goes on in these nationals is draconian but to many people stuck in the past

i think the inland national is a good idea to generate money some of the stuff that goes on in these nationals is draconian but to many people stuck in the past

good to see someone with a bit of common sence . i agree with you stevie to many people stuck in the past

Bigda the most prize money is for the Gold Cup race as it should be.Looks like you want a national from 150 miles with megabucks for prizemoney.

don't agree with that  at all, why should a guy  be sitting on the line of flight  send 20 birds with nothing on them and flying  a short distance and every one of those birds picking up £20 prize money,  only because there is so much money available to him  20x£20  -£200 feeding bill payed you will know i speak the truth here,  and can be easily checked out. the gold cup is a prestige race, i here and the Nat men are not bothered about money, :X   but when you can take money as prizes  with 20 birds  for  nothing well  not fair if you have distance to travel for nothing.

yes the sprint racing is the best, i agree with you there,  but you are throwing your cash away,  as the national  men  will not put up  good prize money for yous,  at that distance, in fact will not give you any recognition should you win it,  the most of the fly boys in the national,  try and get the money for the distance races,   knowing  fine well new starters will never catch up with them, as to having  a family of birds at the 500+ races  so bigda is here to put you all in the know of your plight before you go to your agm,  try and  get the 2 inland races prize money,  and you will see the slime balls come out the wood  work,  better still ask the national and get it proposed, at the agm   the prize money get  linked to the entry   5,000   doos  = £5000    300 doos =£300 prize money  and as i have heard they all say they are not in  it for the money good then  why  should you join the national  and see your cash  go to the same   50 guys every year  with only  some 250 birds at the races but the prize money  is the biggest, have a think about it lads  all the top men on here and i can call on them all say we don't fly for  money  ;) ;)   so  should have no trouble with the vote then  bigda as it is   heard it here first :) :) ;D ;D :X

Its a very good point , as I must be a be a bit nieve, and not thinking it in money terms. :) :)

don't agree with that  at all, why should a guy  be sitting on the line of flight  send 20 birds with nothing on them and flying  a short distance and every one of those birds picking up £20 prize money,  only because there is so much money available to him  20x£20  -£200 feeding bill payed you will know i speak the truth here,  and can be easily checked out. the gold cup is a prestige race, i here and the Nat men are not bothered about money, :X   but when you can take money as prizes  with 20 birds  for  nothing well  not fair if you have distance to travel for nothing.

Don’t most guys just pool in the the section and region, cant they just make the prize money to say the first five bird in each section

PS as you guess I dont know how prize money works ;D ;D

Don’t most guys just pool in the the section and region, cant they just make the prize money to say the first five bird in each section

PS as you guess I don't know how prize money works ;D ;D

i would think  open prize money is the problem, and should

just be doubled up in the sections, as not a lot pull in the open, but there are ones doing great from it, but also to generate prize money  you pay into it   to qualify   outwith   pools  Â£1 a bird.   ;D pounds makes  prizes  ;) dont pay you get hee  haw  

surley stevie you would prefer to fly against fanciers flying the same distance as ourselves what would you prefer to get a sec ticket or first at the distance out of say 1;000 birds because these inland races are just a mickey mouse race which i for one would use that magic word NAT----L ITS A LOAD OF CRAP USE OUR FEDS TO MOVE AHEAD IN OUR SPORT WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW I CAN ASSURE IS DEFINATELY FINISHING NATIONAL EVENTS THERE JUST FOR BIRDS THAT CANT USE THERE BRAINS THAT IS WHY THERE IS LARGE BIRDAGE INSTEAD OF INLAND RACES PUT THEM TO YPRES AT LEAST ITS GOING TO IMPROVE THE BIRDAGE IN THE LONG RUN FOR OUR LONGER[ NATIONAL RACES ] I WOULD RATHER BE STUCK IN THE PAST AND HAVE A NATIONAL THAN A MICKEY MOUSE RACE (evil)(evil)(evil)

surley stevie you would prefer to fly against fanciers flying the same distance as ourselves what would you prefer to get a sec ticket or first at the distance out of say 1;000 birds because these inland races are just a mickey mouse race which i for one would use that magic word NAT----L ITS A LOAD OF CRAP USE OUR FEDS TO MOVE AHEAD IN OUR SPORT WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW I CAN ASSURE IS DEFINATELY FINISHING NATIONAL EVENTS THERE JUST FOR BIRDS THAT CANT USE THERE BRAINS THAT IS WHY THERE IS LARGE BIRDAGE INSTEAD OF INLAND RACES PUT THEM TO YPRES AT LEAST ITS GOING TO IMPROVE THE BIRDAGE IN THE LONG RUN FOR OUR LONGER[ NATIONAL RACES ] I WOULD RATHER BE STUCK IN THE PAST AND HAVE A NATIONAL THAN A MICKEY MOUSE RACE (evil)(evil)(evil)

In my club there may be one or two lads who fly all channel races and about 8 who fly the inland ones, these guys wouldent get a chance to race in a national and most younger guys dont want to sit around waiting on birds all day and night ;). thats why the way it is now is fine , everyone get a chance to race in a national. :)