Cost Of Vet

cemetary

3 minutes ago, cemetary said:

What is the actual cost of getting the Vet for channel racing, seems like its some kind of secret, i no some guys have had the Vet, so why not share the cost ?

We've just registered......callout fee to be arranged.....they say just as new to this as us

What a big rip off thats £144 plus another £60 on fuel to go to dundee A 5 hour round trip Just to fly 2 national races from the continent Must have plenty money Am sorry it wont be me I would rather donate the money To a charity who realy need donations Not to RIP OFF VETS

Going forward I can't but imagine we will be back in the good old days soon (without the 7500 birds)

in addition to a vet charge next year at the loft

.... Each marking station must have a vet present to monitor marking in order to ensure all birds being entered are from a registered loft and vaccinated for PMV and not showing signs of notifiable diseases (Hopefully this will be rescinded next year as otherwise its difficult to imagine viability of numerous marking stations for channel races)

... The convoy must be inspected, along with all paperwork by another vet at the ferry port, who will issue the Export Health Certificate 

... When the convoy arrives in France it must go through Border Control. Another vet will check all paperwork and Export Certificate, before 8am . After 8am is €30. Ferries arrive at 6am

With one marking station costs have been estimated by various organisations at 1500 . 

38 minutes ago, john cumming said:

This is going to kill the nationals going across the water imo if its £144 per loft, 

John

You are right john,it was a quote I got by email for approx 80 birds,don't know if members in close proximity  can get discounts but combined with a round trip of over 200 miles to marking we have some serious thinking to do and decisions to make

7 hours ago, glencameron said:

Going forward I can't but imagine we will be back in the good old days soon (without the 7500 birds)

in addition to a vet charge next year at the loft

.... Each marking station must have a vet present to monitor marking in order to ensure all birds being entered are from a registered loft and vaccinated for PMV and not showing signs of notifiable diseases (Hopefully this will be rescinded next year as otherwise its difficult to imagine viability of numerous marking stations for channel races)

... The convoy must be inspected, along with all paperwork by another vet at the ferry port, who will issue the Export Health Certificate 

... When the convoy arrives in France it must go through Border Control. Another vet will check all paperwork and Export Certificate, before 8am . After 8am is €30. Ferries arrive at 6am

With one marking station costs have been estimated by various organisations at 1500 . 

You missed out the €400 vet fee before 8am. Calais is not currently accepting racing pigeons (22 Mile crossing) nearest is Caen - a 9 hour ferry crossing and a further 4 hour drive (190 miles)to our nearest racepoint