Agm’S

Walter swanston

I am a member of another organisation (nothing to do with pigeons) ! have been informed that there will be no AGM this year but the financial situation of the organisation will be circulated to the membership and all the officials will remain in place standing for re election in Autumn 2021.

I wonder how such an arrangement would work with pigeon federations and clubs I suspect it would not find favour with many fanciers on account of contentious matters such as racepoints etc.

What do site members think considering that the alternative would seem to be some kind of distance voting system which would be cumbersome and contentious.

What do site members think?

I am a member of another organisation (nothing to do with pigeons) ! have been informed that there will be no AGM this year but the financial situation of the organisation will be circulated to the membership and all the officials will remain in place standing for re election in Autumn 2021.

I wonder how such an arrangement would work with pigeon federations and clubs I suspect it would not find favour with many fanciers on account of contentious matters such as racepoints etc.

What do site members think considering that the alternative would seem to be some kind of distance voting system which would be cumbersome and contentious.

What do site members think?

Walter, AGM's are meant to be held within 12 to 15 months from the previous AGM, however, due to Covid 19 this legislation has been suspended. Your other organisation is correct in making its statement.

I am in the process of preparing for our AGM, but given the recent rise in cases of Covid 19, I have serious doubts whether it will take place. I am of the opinion that Government legislation takes precedence over the whimsies of pigeon fanciers and the health and financial well-being of the country is more important.

We will just have to get on with it. We were extremely lucky to have any racing this year, albeit in retrospect, it might have been better if we hadn't bothered. The Committees who are in place will just have to keep "steering the ship". :)

More than likely. The way covid going there will bd no agms and these zoom things wount suit an awful lot of folk.

The Zoom would suit yersel Ally and most people nowadays. Definitely the way forward, even without covid. It saves people travelling all over the place , especially in the winter.

The Zoom would suit yersel Ally and most people nowadays. Definitely the way forward, even without covid. It saves people travelling all over the place , especially in the winter.

Aye it would be grand for me Derek but like Walter said, not everyone is familiar or able to get access to these things.

That's the simple answer

Proposals submitted

Agenda's sent out

Voting form enclosed covering all necessary points

All sheets numbered eliminating duplication

Every member then gets to vote eliminating threat from covid

Simples

No way Mick, ye need complete trust for that to happen lol

Most clubs can hold a meeting with the Fed secretary sending out all proposals to the club secretaries. Each proposition is voted on at club level with the fors and againsts counted at the delegates meeting. The club delegates could easily have a meeting and votes counted in the presence of all club representatives.

The results of each vote is forwarded to the club secretaries who call another meeting to inform the members of the outcome of each individual vote.

Everything transparent and the members would more than likely get more of a say in the running of their fed than ever before at AGM's. Because for one reason or another they cannot or do not attend. Usually find a lot dont attend because of the bile spewed out by people who don't know how to conduct themselves at a meeting. They go to speak and are shouted down because their opinion differs from those who can only be described as bullies and they'd rather do without a say by attending the meeting only to be aggressively critcised for having their own thoughts on things.

So meetings are possible, results that reflect the Majority of members wishes can be carried without the need for an AGM.

No way Mick, ye need complete trust for that to happen lol

Only way Del. Can you imagine a zoom meeting?? Roaring and shouting in mute at half deaf 80+ fanciers??? No chance. Postal is the only solution and the risk of manipulation will just have to be tolerated a

I'm afraid