Pairing Up

neila

Going to pair up the stock Friday I'm off work and the temperature looks around 11 to 14 degrees , a bit early than I planned but looking forward to it and the warm weather may give them a good start

I could here the cocks is roaring today so they must fancy it

How's everyone else going breeding wise

I paired mine on the 16th Jan. a bit earlier than normal for me but the forecast for the week was good plus the hens were starting to show to each other. Of the 12 pairs 10 were old pairs so no problems with them as they all knew their boxes and the last pair laid last night.

I paired mine on the 16th Jan. a bit earlier than normal for me but the forecast for the week was good plus the hens were starting to show to each other. Of the 12 pairs 10 were old pairs so no problems with them as they all knew their boxes and the last pair laid last night.

Sounds as it's gone really well

I noticed today a couple of my 12 hens were starting to show I think they could hear the cooks and there was a decent bit of sun

You're doing well - paired the 18th Jan and have my first egg!

Maybe I'll get lucky in the next few days (another 4 there this morning - Friday)

Starting to go wrong here, lost a young hen the weekend and a young cock smashed an egg off a fed winner. :emoticon-0179-headbang:

Sorry to hear that mate nothing worse than a set back like that

I had a pair on loan last year both out of very good winners etc first round both eggs smashed when they had sat 14 days , really messed up my plans

I have a 2 year cock at the moment who thinks he owns the box below and to the side so much so I have to lock him in why I'm at work I can't seem to break the habit

How did you lose the hen was it a sparrowhawk?

Paired up the 25th of January and every pair apart from 1 is on 1 egg as of today, not bad for all yearlings

Must have had them spot on well done

Starting to go wrong here, lost a young hen the weekend and a young cock smashed an egg off a fed winner. :emoticon-0179-headbang:

Put a cock with 8 very good combine positions to stock that I purchased from a entire clearance sale went down the shed yesterday morning and one egg out the pan the cock had a fair bit of blood on his wattle

Just when I thought I had got away with it with them all starting to lay

any longer and you will be pairing up when you come from Blackpool emoticon-0136-giggle.gifemoticon-0136-giggle.gifemoticon-0136-giggle.gif.

I will be a couple of weeks yet

ive put 12 pairs together , 5 seem ok , 2 pairs don't look interested . 2 cocks are latebreds and clearly don't have a clue whats going on .not worried tho , nature will take its course no doubt .