clockman

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morra ok

Aye it is Dal,but ive heard all this crap before about birds being ok after 7 days in a basket. The odd blow home race after a long holdover might make it seem ok? Ive handled doos that were brought back home after 7 days in the basket and I reckon only 1 in 20 could've even attempted the journey. The vast majority had lost 500 mile condition.

Yes I know that Davy, how do they feed them and how many to a basket?

Not sure how many pigeons are in the basket, but there’s plenty room in the Snfc baskets,

The pigeons will be fine as long as there getting looked after,

Feeding will be the same as always, and the same people get them most of the time

Not sure how many pigeons are in the basket, but there’s plenty room in the Snfc baskets,

The pigeons will be fine as long as there getting looked after,

Feeding will be the same as always, and the same people get them most of the time

Hope yer right :D

Yes I know that Davy, how do they feed them and how many to a basket?

Davie, I think Derek’s question was about how the Barcelona pigeons are fed.

I believe the grain used is significantly different from the mix the SNFC use.

just as an aside any organisation which is likely to hold the birds in a basket for several days should publish the details of the grain they intend to use to allow fanciers to introduce this to their birds during the season if they wish.

Davie, I think Derek’s question was about how the Barcelona pigeons are fed.

I believe the grain used is significantly different from the mix the SNFC use.

just as an aside any organisation which is likely to hold the birds in a basket for several days should publish the details of the grain they intend to use to allow fanciers to introduce this to their birds during the season if they wish.

Phone Mary, don’t think it a problem to ask what feeds getting used, and the Barcelona race I’m led to believe it’s only maize but not sure if that’s right

Yes that was the information I received about the Barcelona race. The reason why they feed high carbs is to protect the stored fats which the birds later use as fuel. This makes a great deal of sense to me.

Yes that was the information I received about the Barcelona race. The reason why they feed high carbs is to protect the stored fats which the birds later use as fuel. This makes a great deal of sense to me.

Your correct there Robert

Would guess ours will be getting an all round mix with the highest percent protein

I don't feed mine tics,maples,wheat or barley so think they will be confused or thin lol

Atb tomorrow

Phone Mary, don’t think it a problem to ask what feeds getting used, and the Barcelona race I’m led to believe it’s only maize but not sure if that’s right

Maize? That's mine fooked then

Your correct there Robert

Would guess ours will be getting an all round mix with the highest percent protein

I don't feed mine tics,maples,wheat or barley so think they will be confused or thin lol

Atb tomorrow

Personally Mike I think this is a subject we should address in a more professional manner.

I have changed my feeding this year to a mix which contains peas simply because this is what they are fed in the transporter.

In 1980 I bought pigeons from Dr. horn. On receipt these immediately lost body and didn’t eat much.

When I phoned him I was told that his mixes didn’t contain the high protein grains we traditionally used and as a result they couldn’t cope with them.

His mixes contained a great deal of safflour.

I firmly believe that we should be feeding a high percentage of fats especially when liberation is imminent.

Personally Mike I think this is a subject we should address in a more professional manner.

I have changed my feeding this year to a mix which contains peas simply because this is what they are fed in the transporter.

In 1980 I bought pigeons from Dr. horn. On receipt these immediately lost body and didn’t eat much.

When I phoned him I was told that his mixes didn’t contain the high protein grains we traditionally used and as a result they couldn’t cope with them.

I firmly believe that we should be feeding a high percentage of fats especially when liberation is imminent.

Robert....everybody has diffo ideas on feeding...mine way diffo from most....how can a consensus be reached on feeding when we can't agree on the simple things,

I tried to get the SNFC to use maize as the feed years ago, the old brigade disagreed

Would agree totally Robert

Would I be correct in thinking the birds food has been dropped into their weeks mess for them to eat ,or do they get to fight for the few wee holes at the trough end ,the mind boggles

Robert....everybody has diffo ideas on feeding...mine way diffo from most....how can a consensus be reached on feeding when we can't agree on the simple things,

The SNFC are sponsored by Bamfords. Given that Bamfords formulate and manufacture mixes I need to assume that they have some knowledge of nutrition. I would suggest a good starting point would be to ask for recommendations from them or alternatively follow the example of those who are clearly light years ahead of ourselves.

As it stands the progressive fancier is penalised by the dinosaur.

Would agree totally Robert

Would I be correct in thinking the birds food has been dropped into their weeks mess for them to eat ,or do they get to fight for the few wee holes at the trough end ,the mind boggles

Quality Mike.