Delboy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Theyre should be no h

Correct, it set a presidence that could fk the national. As I said before, where does that stop, members in section B tried to start a section H before because of Billy Bilsland. It was shot down immediately and frowned upon. Why was it different last year ?

I agree with this. You've only to look at the Roye result this season where a pigeon records 26th open, a very commendable performance, but no section position!!

Correct Brian, Ian Ross had one of the best races in Roye and was 26th and 48th open and didn't get a sect prize. Unbelievable that a fancier has a super race and can't get a prize in his section because of lack of birdage. The same thing has cost me diplomas in Reims and the yb national, its a complete disgrace imo. Revert back to the original section or have 4 sections again.

How about larger sections with one marking station in each section.

Clock checking should be done at local level to avoid excessive travelling. I believe this is possible is it not?

Thats the way forward

In the BICC you can get your clock print out done at your club and signed by the seccy.... then its posted to the BICC

Its always been done like that lol

Not in Section H, F , E or whatever we are.

Ayrshire men mark at Kilmarnock, Renfrewshire in Kilmarnock or Lanarkshire, Lanarkshire mark in Lanarkshire but some come to Kilmarnock, Glasgow members travel to Lanarkshire.

Clocks are returned to the original marking station as far as I am aware.

By checking at local level I mean club level for inland races and, perhaps federation level for channel races.

This would be a big plus for many members but especially Glasgow and Renfrewshire guys who would check at “local†level.

Not in Section H, F , E or whatever we are.

Ayrshire men mark at Kilmarnock, Renfrewshire in Kilmarnock or Lanarkshire, Lanarkshire mark in Lanarkshire but some come to Kilmarnock, Glasgow members travel to Lanarkshire.

Clocks are returned to the original marking station as far as I am aware.

By checking at local level I mean club level for inland races and, perhaps federation level for channel races.

This would be a big plus for many members but especially Glasgow and Renfrewshire guys who would check at “local†level.

Ye Robert sometimes too many options can be a pain it seems. We have it too good down here. .. clocks and marking handy in one place with most in 20 miles....rotary clocks struck by one master would have to be done over the phone circa 1980s might be needed to mark central and strike local

Ye Robert sometimes too many options can be a pain it seems. We have it too good down here. .. clocks and marking handy in one place with most in 20 miles....rotary clocks struck by one master would have to be done over the phone circa 1980s might be needed to mark central and strike local

I am but a simple man trying to simplify matters for others.

Now I ask myself does a rubbered pigeon have an advantage over an ETS pigeon as the rubber is lighter.

Not much of a burden at 100 miles but it could be disadvantageous to a tired bird at 500 miles trying to overcome gravity.

I don’t have scales accurate enough to weigh these but it would be interesting.

I am but a simple man trying to simplify matters for others.

Now I ask myself does a rubbered pigeon have an advantage over an ETS pigeon as the rubber is lighter.

Not much of a burden at 100 miles but it could be disadvantageous to a tired bird at 500 miles trying to overcome gravity.

I don’t have scales accurate enough to weigh these but it would be interesting.

Ooofft Robert....all I know pal is that gets rings are too dear and rubbers should be confined to history

Correct Brian, Ian Ross had one of the best races in Roye and was 26th and 48th open and didn't get a sect prize. Unbelievable that a fancier has a super race and can't get a prize in his section because of lack of birdage. The same thing has cost me diplomas in Reims and the yb national, its a complete disgrace imo. Revert back to the original section or have 4 sections again.

derek you lost out in reims, but you gained in ypres and buckingham, by being in section F and you had a superb season

derek you lost out in reims, but you gained in ypres and buckingham, by being in section F and you had a superb season

I lost out on Reims and the yb national and gained in Ypres and ob Buckingham, I agree m8 , it works both ways but the likes of Ian Ross's positions not getting a ticket is diabolical. Remember, its me that's saying to get it back to what it was. Put it this way, if I wasn't flying pigeons their wouldn't be a section H and that's f kin pathetic and the wrong road to go down, don't you agree? The bottom line is, if its status quo, 4 sections or reverting back to the original way, i'll be at EVERY national and hopefully competing regardless.

I lost out on Reims and the yb national and gained in Ypres and ob Buckingham, I agree m8 , it works both ways but the likes of Ian Ross's positions not getting a ticket is diabolical. Remember, its me that's saying to get it back to what it was. Put it this way, if I wasn't flying pigeons their wouldn't be a section H and that's f kin pathetic and the wrong road to go down, don't you agree? The bottom line is, if its status quo, 4 sections or reverting back to the original way, i'll be at EVERY national and hopefully competing regardless.

ian ross will get his open tickets for these races, and not a section prize, this has happened for years in other sections, when i was in annan i was 36th open rennes and no section prize its the open that counts,

DEREK i was only showing, what you just replied, it was a swings and roundabouts situation and 4 sections would be a better option, and im sure your results would still be as good, and anything that promotes and takes our sport forward is a damn site better than the way we are self implodimg ,we ALL have to come to the table for the sports future,and all the best for next season to you sir

I personally think the sections should stay in whatever form as without them guys like us in extreme west would never get any recognition as the advantage lies in Lanarkshire and surrounding areas, so for me going back to North, South, East and West would be a step back.

Drop regions get back to 4 sections ,Rennes & Nantes YBN and leave the Inland National s to the Feds.

At the recent SNFC Management Committee meeting there were at least 4 on the Committee who would have liked to return to pre 2000 National Racing ie, Dropping the Inland races and returning to what the original racing was.. The promotion of Long Distance Racing into Scotland as the present system has seen less income into local Federations and the demise of Combines, We were given short thrift.. Less members, Less birdage so the costs will be rising to cover loss making races and no doubt that will see more members changing sides OMO