Shu

Kyleakin Lofts

Derek I hope you are not including calling me a nodding dog . I have for more years than I care to remember try to bring Scottish Pigeon Racing into the modern world, fought for rights of SHU members at meetings, spent endless hours helping to organize various things through the SHU to take Scottish Pigeon Racing forward. The President is always willing to listen to any sensible recommendations put forward and if more SHU members would take an interest in Pigeon Racing in Scotland and try to get on to the SHU committee and come to the meetings.( By the way - I don't think I have missed a meeting or not voiced my opinion at a meeting for tens of years.)

Well said Dougie. There were several federations not represented yesterday so there is plenty opportunity for members to get involved in the management of the SHU if they wish. Woof woof!

Derek I hope you are not including calling me a nodding dog . I have for more years than I care to remember try to bring Scottish Pigeon Racing into the modern world, fought for rights of SHU members at meetings, spent endless hours helping to organize various things through the SHU to take Scottish Pigeon Racing forward. The President is always willing to listen to any sensible recommendations put forward and if more SHU members would take an interest in Pigeon Racing in Scotland and try to get on to the SHU committee and come to the meetings.( By the way - I don't think I have missed a meeting or not voiced my opinion at a meeting for tens of years.)

That’s all you are mr bauld a nodding dog

Dougie, I know you speak up and have been at the top table for many years trying to move it forward with modern times but 'the nodding dog'expression is pointed at the ones that don't try and take it forward.An example of this was how the SHU treated me at my appeal recently.It was disgraceful, actually unlawful and as a union ( supposedly for the membership ) it lost all credibility to myself and others who were aware of the case. The President and one of the delegates actually were verbally unbiased in comments they made . You know I have supported the SHU more than most all my life but unfortunately the SHU has lost a real follower in myself, as , once again, it has failed in its duties to support its membership imo.

Refer to post 13 and although there may be some dis-satisfied members, I think the Delegates are attempting to change things. Changes will not take place overnight, but every little step forward should improve matters.

The original post was to intimate the meeting, not to open the floodgates for personal annoyances to be aired. I don't think this should become personal, but if points of general interest and for the betterment of the sport are raised, I am sure they will be considered.

Everyone must also realise that priorities have to be met whilst attempting to strike a balance. There should be around 30 Delegates, but the meetings average around 15. I appreciate that distance is an obstacle to some. The Council must observe Due Diligence whilst attempting to strike this balance.

A major difficulty is the falling membership causing a reduction in income, so a balance has to be struck between income and expenditure, as I stated in post 13.

Please let's keep this discussion civil. :)

Refer to post 13 and although there may be some dis-satisfied members, I think the Delegates are attempting to change things. Changes will not take place overnight, but every little step forward should improve matters.

The original post was to intimate the meeting, not to open the floodgates for personal annoyances to be aired. I don't think this should become personal, but if points of general interest and for the betterment of the sport are raised, I am sure they will be considered.

Everyone must also realise that priorities have to be met whilst attempting to strike a balance. There should be around 30 Delegates, but the meetings average around 15. I appreciate that distance is an obstacle to some. The Council must observe Due Diligence whilst attempting to strike this balance.

A major difficulty is the falling membership causing a reduction in income, so a balance has to be struck between income and expenditure, as I stated in post 13.

Please let's keep this discussion civil. :)

That is the key problem Andy, the membership is dwindling and that issue should be the primary concern for the SHU. Never has it addressed this situation, never has it tried to get new members, never has it fought to keep everything as cheap as it can be for its membership.Its bad business imo :emoticon-0179-headbang:

That is the key problem Andy, the membership is dwindling and that issue should be the primary concern for the SHU. Never has it addressed this situation, never has it tried to get new members, never has it fought to keep everything as cheap as it can be for its membership.Its bad business imo

This year the Membership Fee was reduced to £15 + 50p Medical Research and all other costs were held steady. That is a start and I know more ideas are at the planning stage. :)

The SHU balance sheet for the year 2017 and the agenda and notification of the 2017 AGM are freely available on the SHU web site to any fancier who has notified his e mail address to the organisation.Maybe not perfect but certainly not secretive as is being alleged.Only a handful of members bothered to attend today's AGM.

Probably all hung over from the show on Saturday and might be an idea to maybe have a banner at the show to say when the agm is if it's after the show just am idea.

That is the key problem Andy, the membership is dwindling and that issue should be the primary concern for the SHU. Never has it addressed this situation, never has it tried to get new members, never has it fought to keep everything as cheap as it can be for its membership.Its bad business imo

This year the Membership Fee was reduced to £15 + 50p Medical Research and all other costs were held steady. That is a start and I know more ideas are at the planning stage. :)

That's good Andy, I actually hope the influence of a few new members on the committee can change things.

The SHU Committee are voted on each year if you want to be a committee member who will turn up to all the meetings and be part of the SHU willing to represent your federation please put your name forward I will personally propose you at the meeting and I'm sure you will get seconded. I have seen many people getting voted on to the committee and don't come to the meetings. I don't consider myself as a nodding dog get yourself on the committee and see for your self

The SHU Committee are voted on each year if you want to be a committee member who will turn up to all the meetings and be part of the SHU willing to represent your federation please put your name forward I will personally propose you at the meeting and I'm sure you will get seconded. I have seen many people getting voted on to the committee and don't come to the meetings. I don't consider myself as a nodding dog get yourself on the committee and see for your self

it sat back years ago and let the rpra take on a lot of its members and done nothing about it, i wonder if the rpra would have done nothing if the shu moved into England and let its federations race under shu rules

Could you elaborate on this please

Interesting that I think most fanciers have at least a mobile phone with internet access.I communicate with all of my members via e mail or text.

think this is the way it should be done walter and it should be put on the program at the shu show also if not already done i got my email ok from shu plus i was lettered as a delegate so it was all good here but the members run the shu and need to be better informed about the agm as you can read from comments on here im sure this will be addressed before the next agm :drinking-coffee-200:

think this is the way it should be done walter and it should be put on the program at the shu show also if not already done i got my email ok from shu plus i was lettered as a delegate so it was all good here but the members run the shu and need to be better informed about the agm as you can read from comments on here im sure this will be addressed before the next agm :drinking-coffee-200:

Communication definitely has to be clarified and addressed. :)