Roland

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you treat Del or do you let it run its course

Ive used a few things in the past Vinnie, the fatal YBS was only ever cured by Adenosan. ( sometimes poured right over their throat ) In recent years, nifurymicin or Vetramox for secondary infections ( only if needed) If very mild, starved for a day and left alone for a few days.

Me !!!. Naw. After excercising for an hour the Old Birds would land and one would start gasping and the rest would follow suit so I said to C.J.Williams who I Loft Managed for that I would take a dozen birds up to Lancaster and have them checked out by Garry. Nothing could be found medically with them but I took some of his bitter stimulant tonic away with me and within a day or two they all stopped their gasping. I never did get to the bottom of the problem but it never returned. I have never felt the need to visit Garry Spavin again But if a case arose I would not hesitate to phone him. By the way Mr Hunter, Garry puts most ailments down to over use of Antibiotics..

"To be perfectly honest George I dont know what respiratory is !!, I thought it had to do with birds gasping with open beaks and sought advice from Garry the Herbalist from Penrith when employed by C.J. but no problems were identified so I tried this trick. The birds were forced to fly an extra 5 minutes every day with me on the loft roof with a double barrel shotgun. After a week they were flying round the loft for maybe 45 minutes and all the gasping dissapeared."

-Peter Pandy

I thought it was the above tonic that solved that problem Peter :emoticon-0136-giggle:

I know Geoff Cooper lets feed that's been spewed up get eaten by others so they all get the virus and the YBS is over and done with. He reckons after 2 weeks they are fighting fit again. He gets it every year and doesn't see it as a problem as long as its before the season.

Hi Del,I would have thought letting birds eat regurgitated food would only pass on a secondary problem rather than a virus,that's why I like using pellets at such a time,easy on the digestive system and nothing to eat should they throw it back up.??

Hi Del,I would have thought letting birds eat regurgitated food would only pass on a secondary problem rather than a virus,that's why I like using pellets at such a time,easy on the digestive system and nothing to eat should they throw it back up.??

Rightly or wrongly, that's what Geoff and Catherine do m8, they want every yb to get any illness in their yb loft.

Rightly or wrongly, that's what Geoff and Catherine do m8, they want every yb to get any illness in their yb loft.

I'm one of those in the mismanagement category Del,get it every season and try something different every season,get the odd one or two holding corn,never bad enough to be sick to the extent of being a perch full but it goes through the loft at one degree or the other,some appear to have missed but IMO they are not right in the head ??

Two or three days on a very light diet fed several ties a day,probably not feed them at all for the first two days.I sit with my youngens when I feed them and watch to see how fast the eat any that's fussy are suspect.Seems to start when they do something out of the ordinary the previous day or two,flying longer than usual,odd on landing on the house roof,all suspect.JMO.

"To be perfectly honest George I dont know what respiratory is !!, I thought it had to do with birds gasping with open beaks and sought advice from Garry the Herbalist from Penrith when employed by C.J. but no problems were identified so I tried this trick. The birds were forced to fly an extra 5 minutes every day with me on the loft roof with a double barrel shotgun. After a week they were flying round the loft for maybe 45 minutes and all the gasping dissapeared."

-Peter Pandy

I thought it was the above tonic that solved that problem Peter :emoticon-0136-giggle:

50/50 Lewis LOL

I'm one of those in the mismanagement category Del,get it every season and try something different every season,get the odd one or two holding corn,never bad enough to be sick to the extent of being a perch full but it goes through the loft at one degree or the other,some appear to have missed but IMO they are not right in the head ??

Two or three days on a very light diet fed several ties a day,probably not feed them at all for the first two days.I sit with my youngens when I feed them and watch to see how fast the eat any that's fussy are suspect.Seems to start when they do something out of the ordinary the previous day or two,flying longer than usual,odd on landing on the house roof,all suspect.JMO.

Good post, obviously although you mismanage them :emoticon-0136-giggle: you know yer stuff :smiling-scarecrow-329:

Aye and you'll keep getting it tae ye manage tbem right, no just for wan season either ðŸ˜

What can you do that guarantees prevention of it,if you have the answer John you could make yourself a fortune.

:emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: John,this must be a wind up?? if you knew how to evade YBS youd be a millionaire overnight :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Al tell ye whit Derek, when its rife next year ye can visit me unannounced and examin ma ybs, a GUARANTEE ye you will Not see it in my doos. That is my final word on this part of the topic so come anytime ye like ms dookits will be open tae ye.

Nystan is yer answer and the guy who identified it is Defo NOT a millionaire, problem is Everybody who has not got advice fae the right man uses it wrongly like Multitudes of other other things they do wrong.

Now ye know as well as me if i put it up everybody and their granny will say they use it thst way, but al say this ye DON'T administer it like everybody seems tae think. If used right the doos are back up in 36 hrs and never look back.

Back up from what John?

Now ye know as well as me if i put it up everybody and their granny will say they use it thst way, but al say this ye DON'T administer it like everybody seems tae think. If used right the doos are back up in 36 hrs and never look back.

??? thought ye didny get it

expletive remove i told ye like a was told, an gettin tired ay ye makin me oot a liar

Draw yer fk in neck in, im no making ye oot a liar, like Wiley, I thought you said ye never got YBS and yer post *expletive removed* implied different. Get a *expletive removed* grip expletive remove :emoticon-0179-headbang: