Best Loft Manufacturers ?

sienna

Looking around at the few loft manufacturers and wanting to know of anyone's experience. Petron DONT entertain customers unless your willing to spend £20k plus !!! John Tranter lofts is a possibility.... What's your thoughts all?

Cheers all

Am more than happy with my Tranter loft and their service. They'll build it to your own specs if you so wish.

I have three Blakes,only fault with them the woods too thin 8mm (sides)hence the plastic on the storm side.

Having had sheds from Blakes (who also operate as Brookelands on Ebay) and one from Parkhall timber (both in the last year). I can 100% say Parkhall are the people to use.

The Blakes/Brooklands lofts are decent but you will 100% need to do some modifications to be happy with it (bitumen paint or plastic as Greenlands has done to make them waterproof). Also for me I put thicker ply down on the internal floors. Also the standard felt they use is sh**, so be sure in a few years you may have to put something more heavy duty down (or better still bitumen sheets).

Parkhall lofts seem a little more pricey but after you cost in all the modifications required on a Blakes loft, for me Parkhall works out more cost effective. Also the lofts are good to go (no mods required).

Tranter lofts do looks really high quality. But for me they were out of my price range (although I am sure they would be a better loft).

Petron, obviously not a loft a working man can really look at.

Looking around at the few loft manufacturers and wanting to know of anyone's experience. Petron DONT entertain customers unless your willing to spend £20k plus !!! John Tranter lofts is a possibility.... What's your thoughts all?

Cheers all

We shipped a 36ft x 8ft Tranter loft out here to South Australia 3 years ago .We had fantastic service from them and they found a real good price on a shipping container .The loft only had 1 coat of paint plus under coat (owing to time scale from having the timber heat treated to it going in the container was 19 days Australian import rules ). We gave it another coat last year the original paint was still good the timber never warped even in temps up to 45 degs (over 100) .We get some very heavy rain here in the winter but we had no leaks at all .Every one looks in amazement at it .Haggle with them and you will get a great deal Great service and a fantastic loft that you will be proud of and the birds keep top class condition in it 10 out of 10 if you want the best talk to "TRANTERS"

• 2 months later...

Cheers all

Tranter in my opinion are "better" then Petron we have one here in South Australia .We purchased it new from Tranters they shipped it out here for us .The loft has been up for 3 years and id standing up to 40 plus temps very well .Talk to Jay haggle over the price and he will give you a great deal you will be so pleased with it when you have it to look at and race from .Already we are winning with birds housed in it

Tranter in my opinion are "better" then Petron we have one here in South Australia .We purchased it new from Tranters they shipped it out here for us .The loft has been up for 3 years and id standing up to 40 plus temps very well .Talk to Jay haggle over the price and he will give you a great deal you will be so pleased with it when you have it to look at and race from .Already we are winning with birds housed in it

Any Pictures Of The Loft?

Cheers all

think if i was spending 20 k id be phoning wimpey or barrats to build my loft lol one is as good as another the pigeons dont care how much it costs or how it looks as long as its dry and well ventilated how the loft looks is for the fanciers benifit and what you can afford better to spend the good money on good birds than an over priced loft imo