Natural Substance For Feed While Using Baytril

sparko

if a doo needs batryl, nut it

i cant do that im afraid ,ive only got 8 and picked up salmonella from someone entering my loft and these are all i have to build my stock with next season from very good stock in uk

IMO nothing should be put on grains or in drinkers when treating with anything that includes grit or minerals. To bring the yeast down the use of cider vinegar would be helpful

thanks for that Wiley i wasnt sure if i would get too much of a build up of yeast while treating with the liquid baytril and then get candida after the treatment because of the baytril use,i have acv and normally use it a couple of times a week cheers

also this guy has already used the stuff and is looking for some sort of pick me up after treatment

Joe baytril is a flock treatment if something is bad within loft ...but to treat baytril for one pigeon is wrong. 8 birds and only one showing sickness ..nut then get on with it.

jmo

Mick

natural yogurt on your feed will do the job m8 you can also put it in your drinker one large tablespoon per drinker for a week will kill most yeast and fungal infections apart from canker treatment thats what i gave mine there now flying one to two hours everyday which tells me there just fine

natural yogurt on your feed will do the job m8 you can also put it in your drinker one large tablespoon per drinker for a week will kill most yeast and fungal infections apart from canker treatment thats what i gave mine there now flying one to two hours everyday which tells me there just fine

Thanks for that Walter i will give this a go this is while treating is it or after ?

i did it after treatment but you can give it anytime sparko its good for them to and does no harm mine are looking great and i had some very sick birds m8

Thank you very much Walter thats a great help with me being new to racing and pigeons,i also learnt a big lesson now too,dont let anyone in the loft who has just come from there loft .

Kind regards

Nick

If your giving your birds natural yoghurt during treatment you have a great chance of making the medication deactive due to it's calcium content, hence the reason medications say not to give any grit or minerals while treating either.

Totally agree Ryan. Would always remove grit and minerals. And would boil water the night previous or get it in 2 ltr bottles of still water from local supermarket 17p .

:animatedpigeons:

If your giving your birds natural yoghurt during treatment you have a great chance of making the medication deactive due to it's calcium content, hence the reason medications say not to give any grit or minerals while treating either.

i will wait till after then Wiley,its just something to use till i get to blackpool in january and fill my boots and bags ;)

i will wait till after then Wiley,its just something to use till i get to blackpool in january and fill my boots and bags ;)

Being new to racing do not get carried away with the wonder pills and potions you'll see at Blackpool they all promise you the world but they'll leave you with empty pockets

Being new to racing do not get carried away with the wonder pills and potions you'll see at Blackpool they all promise you the world but they'll leave you with empty pockets

yes thanks for the heads up but it will mainly be for the essentials like worm,cocci,canker,vits etc as its hard to get these items here,we need vet certs and customs this that and the other to get them in the country so this is my chance to stock up so thats what i plan to do .its my first time at the show and im really looking forward to it and i think im staying about 2mins from the winter gardens when i get there :)