Don't see why you think that should result in your being banned.   You've said worse before.  Funny though how no-one has managed to put forward a fruitful argument in favour of ETS without having to resort to launching personal attacks   ;) ;D

You mean to say Mike that nothing I or others have said in favor of ETS is "fruitful"? Whatever that means... I have made NO personal attacks and made several valid points in favor of ETS. And have even concided that you have you have some valid points. So now you are even managing to attack those who have in no way attacked you! Just because they are in favor of ETS!!!!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roundo - there is no need to apologise , far from it . This thread is available for all to read and reply if they wish. No memeber is forced to read threads , it is their choice. I aint gonna lose any sleep over it , not a wink and I will continue posting on the matter , no one will stop me. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Don't see why you think that should result in your being banned.   You've said worse before.  Funny though how no-one has managed to put forward a fruitful argument in favour of ETS without having to resort to launching personal attacks   ;) ;D

Mike,

This isn't a fruitful argument in favour of ETS, but certainly fruitful reasons why our Club will be using it this year.

1) We have fanciers that due to their shift patterns would previously not send to a race because they don't have anyone to clock their birds in, but now they don't have such a problem. This way they don't miss any races and their birds are timed, no problem at all.

2) There are also some elderly members who aren't quite as mobile as some and do find it very difficult in catching their birds on race days and moving swiftly to time in. Now they will be able to relax a bit on Saturdays and enjoy the sight of their birds being timed as they enter the loft.  

3) Now we move on to the members that suffer from pigeon lung.

By having the ETS installed they don't have to enter the loft so often to catch birds to time in, this can only help with their condition.

4) This is where I benefit...............Having a young family you never know when you just have to drop things and go in emergencies, which could be on race days. With the ETS I don't have to worry about the birds not getting timed in and me being annoyed for the rest of the weekend.

5) The system also reduces the workload for all the members, especially the secretary.

At the touch of a key the clocks will be checked and at the touch of another the result will be printed............no hassle.

It will also the reduce the chance of human error.

All in all the whole Club will benefit from the system, which will allow them to enjoy their pigeons to the full.............is that not what it's all about??

No arguments, no personal attacks, just solid reasons why we'll be using ETS.

Roundo.

Chris,

I won't lose sleep over it either, but all the personal attacks have stemmed from a simple message posting.

At the end of the day if your birds aren't good enough then it doesn't matter what timing method you use.

Each to their own.

You never know, you could be using ETS in your Club very soon.

Jazza tink dat dis is da big noise bout nuffin man. Da Guys just want to be windin up all da guys on da board Man. Jazza give im kids da slap for dis stoopedness. Guys like dis get em rocks off wit gettin a reply ... probably havin a competition man to see how many of da guys an women they can get windin man. Dis is boring man its bin sed... its a choice now waste ya breath on da guys they dont want to know da facts just want to stir da crap man. Jazza say dont respond to da crap man and da guys give it up.  

Mike,

Our Club members had to pay nothing towards the Systems......not a single penny.

I applied for a lottery grant for the Club through "Awards for All Scotland" and was successful in doing so.

Roundo.

Precisely!   There are a few arguments with ETS.  Firstly what many seem the expensive costs. I know from our conversations before that you were always dead against it.   Secondly there is the problem of converting the racing lofts over which of course is expensive & time consuming.  Thirdly there's then the emotional problem (believing in timing in as opposed to ETS)..  Personally, I have no problem with the finance, I can afford it.  I don't want to convert the loft & I DO believe in manual clocking.  

It was said that ETS would encourage fanciers into the sport.  HASN'T HAPPENED IN EUROPE HAS IT!!     To promote the sport we need to raise the profile. The Dutch get their liberations & results on Teletext. Why don't we??   I've lost count of the amount of schools that I've been to giving talks on racing pigeons and the kids are in awe of the birds capabilities.   Its got bugger all to do with ETS.

SO HERE ENDS THE DEBATE ,NOBODY HAS POSTED A REPLY TO SAY THAT THEY WERE BEATEN ONLY BECAUSE OF ETS ,NOBODY HAS SAID THEY WON BECAUSE OF ETS ,SO IN THE END IT JUST LEAVES THE DOO'S. OKAY WE WILL BLAME THEM. ::)

DO WE REALLY CARE THAT SOME POOR BEGGAR THAT USED TO TAKE FOR EVER TO TIME IN IS NOW GETTIN HIS REAL TIME OR IS IT A CASE OF SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT ALL THE ADVANTAGES  ??)

Some old begger might not be able to afford it whilst all others can, a double whammy for the old begger, but who cares ah!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely Tony!   Top man -  Oh and Rose, you're absolutely right too!   Let us hope that the RPRA continue with their current attitude towards ETS being allowed into mainstream RPRA racing.

Mike

COME ON TONY + MIKE  WHEN DID YOU START BOTHERING ABOUT YOUR COMPETITORS  THEY ARE THERE TO BE BEETEN     CORRECT           MINES ARE

HOW MANY PEOPLE DO YOU KNOW WANT THE SYSTEM CANT AFFORD IT

ITS CALLED PROGRESS  AND NO I DONT WANT IT   I ONLY WANT TO BE BEATEN BYE BETTER DOO'S

WE WON 16 TROPHYS IN OUR CLUB LAST YEAR OUT OF 26  GUESS WHAT   IF ETS WAS USED   THE RESULT WOULD STILL BE THE SAME

TONY     MIKE

HOW MANY TIMES YOU BEEN BEETEN BY ETS

Guest slugmonkey

It dosen matter where you post I have been on several forums and its always the same subjects and the same arguments in the case of the ETS nay sayers they are consistent it is always going to be the same eventually the manufactuarers will phases out mechanical clocks and then we will all race ets and everybody will say remember when, we will have GPS by then and ours will be a much diffrent sport in my club we are down from 6 guys with mechanical to 1 guy we were the 1st and everybody was up in arms we showed them the AU rule that said it was legal now some of the oldtimers are back and nearly everybody has one and most wonder how they ever got along without it

I complete against fanciers that have ETS and yes I have been pipped for the red card by a couple of seconds, as always I congratulate the winner and hold no grugdes, but what relly pi$$es me off is the secretive manner in which ETS was implemented in Scotland, I NEVER had the opportunity to have a say on the matter like many others.

"It is progress" , this is one of the many worn out records I hear, anything that causes so much ill feeling and forces fanciers to leave the sport must surely be classed as an evil , certainly not progress !!!!

Chris every member of the SHU had a say on the ETS n dont give me the crap that it wasnt on the Agenda for the AGM. It was on the Agenda printed on the balance sheet as it is every year but like most years people dont read or only read what they want to read aqnd dont bother to turn up to the meetings. It wasnt the SHU to blame that there were only bout 30 or so at the AGM when it was passed it is the members who didnt bother going that are to blame.