• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I missing something here?.

For those that are cheesed off with this thread let me tell you that I've learnt more about the ETS on here in two weeks than I've learnt in several years worth of fancy press. Here I can express MY views and MY concerns. I can ask questions, get others opinions, learn from peoples experiences. Aint that whats this forums all about?

some don't understand what we'v went thru in scotland people anti shu and ets like chris and the rest of the walkers,good luck clockman i'm sure if it keeps up we'll be the walkers this time ;)

AS I SAID BEFORE THIS HAD RAN ITS COURSE ON HERE LAST YEAR,NOW SOME PEOPLE ARE STIRRING IT UP AGAIN.I JUST HOPE IT ALL STOPS WHEN THE RACING STARTS. I KNOW SOME FOLKS WERE NOT ON LAST YEARAND MAY NOY UNDRSTAND THE AMOUNT OF TIME THIS THREAD WENTON LAST YEAR.    GET BACK TO THE BIRDS AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO ADD I DO NOT USE   E.T.S.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there forthview. clockman put the toys back in the pram and just ignore the ets debate as you have done a lot of work on here with auctions and fund raising for rachel etc and it would be a shame to turn your back on it. You dont want to become a walker and join us on the dark side, the english fanciers are just starting to get into this but we have been over it already and as we all know regardless of how it was introduced  it is here and it is here to stay. Progress or not it is in use and good luck to those who use it.  There will be turmoil before it is introduced in England  but just as they watched us all fighting amongst ourselves when it came in here lets just sit back and let the battle commence, because now it is their turn and they must be allowed to have their say just as we were.

greengrass just phoned clockman, he was telling me the time when you told him about the shu was in a bad way ect. pitty you never listend to clockman and stayed in the shu,you could be also in a real national THE SNFC.

JUST A THOUGHT

WE FOUGHT THEM, WE BUILT A WALL, ARGUED FOR YEARS TO GET SOME KIND OF SAY IN OUR OWN AFFAIRS (OUR OWN WEE OVER PRICED PARLIMENT) JUST TO KEEP THEM OUT OF OUR COUNTRY AND OUR AFFAIRS, YES I AM TALKING ABOUT THE ENGLISH.

AND SOME OF MY FRIENDS AND FANCIERS WANT TO GO CAP IN TO RPRA AND BE GOVERNED BY THEM    DREAM ON CHAPS  I HAVE A UNION WHICH I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER OF FOR 35 YEARS NOW AND IT HAS ALLWAYS SERVED ME VERY WELL

NO  I AM NOT ANTI ENGLISH  JUST 1 VERY PROUD AND PATROTIC SCOTSMAN

WELL SAID SQUARE PEG .   MY EXACT FEELINGS. THE UNREST IN THE LOT THAT WENT TO THE R.P.R.A. DID NOT TAKE LONG AS THERE IS QUITE A FEW BACK ALREADY ONE CLUB FINNISHED ALREADY . AS THE SAYING GOES THE GRASS IS NOT ALWAYS SWEETER ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE.

Guest slugmonkey

It dosen matter where you post I have been on several forums and its always the same subjects and the same arguments in the case of the ETS nay sayers they are consistent it is always going to be the same eventually the manufactuarers will phases out mechanical clocks and then we will all race ets and everybody will say remember when, we will have GPS by then and ours will be a much diffrent sport in my club we are down from 6 guys with mechanical to 1 guy we were the 1st and everybody was up in arms we showed them the AU rule that said it was legal now some of the oldtimers are back and nearly everybody has one and most wonder how they ever got along without it  

Guest slugmonkey

This was copied from Really Personal Opinion part of Pigeon politics and the latter posted by Jazza I am not making this up most forums on web have similiar debates going on the time to talk about if it is good for the sport is long past I think you should look to future and start worrying about GPS and live recording of results and video recorded synchronized timing, pigeon racing has always had a cost and like any form of " RACING " speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go. Way back when, were races not won by who could afford the fastest runner then there is the cost of birds, GREAT birds have never been cheap, I have even heard as of late of fanciers winning because they could afford the high price of gas. this debate has been going since racing has ever occured maybe not over ETS but definatly for longer than ANY of us have been alive and the crux is this you have good birds or you dont !!   you have a sound training and nutrition program or you dont !! you use the tools avaible to you to better your program or you don't !! as it has been stated MANY times throughout this thread if the birds arent home you cant clock them PERIOD    dont go buy a new electronic clock, instead go buy 200 dollars worth of books on pigeon anatomy, eyesign, darkness, widowhood, or what the hell ever read and STUDY them with an open mind give it 2 seasons of dilligent work and then see if ETS is really an issue !!

P.S. spend some money losing birds and by that I mean don't look at the bands simply put them in the basket and race them but more importantly pull the heads off of the parents of your missing race team and the winners you have breed. I like to think the birds that just survive in my racing loft are better than most, racing is getting fairer than ever and the same guys that won 10 - 20 years ago are still winning the only diffrence is that they clock 20 on the drop instead of quitting after the first 5

Guest slugmonkey

I am not getting tired of these discussions I think they are very educational on many levels mostly from the standpoint of what and why people use to describe how there Van Ardjanseklachtenboersdewaggleschmidttenstiens are very tough on the north course during partial eclipses when the dewpoint is 62 degrees of a leap year and how their use El Patio tv dinners ( the beef enchilada combo ) to set them up for 150 miles on a very fast yet challenging day resulted in a less than stellar performance

I guess in a nutshell I am saying you are either winning or you arent, if you are be gracious, if not figure out why and change your ways.

I apoligize in advance as I am sure that this will offend some but I guess no more than how I have made some in my club upset by winning races that I obviously got lucky on as there is no way that I should win much by feeding like I do and not saving my birds back for " NEXT " year so I guess I apoligize in advance once again for not heeding the advice I have been given by those helpful people that won a race couple of years ago

since i have joined the forum the members have been good to me with advice but latley members have been joining and causing arguments between members and causing them to leave the forum for good. if this is what you do then it will drive me away from the forum and from the pigeons. come on guys stop all the silly behaviour by arguing and get in contact with the valuble members that have left say sorry to them, pepole want this to be a growing sport not a disgrowing sport and to get young pepole into the sport but seeing some of the things on the forum will turn them away, now i have my say so think about what i have said.

also on the topic about sites on general pigeon board

Guest shadow

The discussion about ETS will go on for ever personally I think its time to give it a rest as it always provokes arguments. I personally would have one as my arthritic hand stops me from catching the birds as easy as I used to but the rest of my club members do not agree with it and until the RPRA sanction it there is nothing can be done. If as they say not all the system are compatible it will make life difficult if you fly in any of the nationals and they all choose different system it would still mean that you will need a conventional clock to cover other racing apart from your club racing, more expence in this dying sport.