• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rose,

We are a small club with old guys who balked, said they did not have long in the sport etc etc and they now LOVE it! Are probably still flying because of it. And a neighboring club raised money from a one loft race to buy their club enough clocks to furnish all their members. Where there is a will there is a way. And if it turned out that the new clocking system was devastating other flyers your club could consider a clocking limit. I do see everyones points and I will have to say that here in the USA our lofts are a bit more spread out and 100th of seconds don't usually matter. But I really think it is selfish when people are essentially saying "I don't want it  (for what ever reason) and I don't want anyone else to have because they might clock in more or better than me if I don't get it."

Yours in the sport.

Carol

Just as a matter of interest Carol, Leroy Satter has been here since yesterday and he states quite categorically that if he didn't have ETS he would leave the sport

Aye Chris the Cumbria region is well run by a man who  refused to listen to the facts when Ali Babi Nisbet and co rigged votes at an illegal meeting to take our Fed to the RPRA. Same man allows these Suspended members of the SHU refuge and a place to race pigeons, maybe its time the confederation told the RPRA where to get off unless they recognise these suspensions.

henrik did you ever get your transporter back from ali  :-/

(Same man allows these Suspended members of the SHU refuge and a place to race pigeons, maybe its time the confederation told the RPRA where to get off unless they recognise these suspensions.)  

HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH IT????

Our average send with OB was NINE - I wish everyone would send 150 against us cos they'd do themselves no good at all.  It aint about numbers - its about quality.   We sent 7 to one race last year, six for the race & one for the workout - all 6 in top 14 of the FEd - 2000+ birds.  It aint about the numbers - or being abledbodied either.  Conventional is 100% FAIR

my club has [a wee while ago] had 1000 ybs at a race , we have had region,section,and open winners in the SNFC  more fed open race winners than I can remember , thing is not 1 was won by a margin that would have made any difference if ETS was used.when I was a laddie every one had skymaster ghosts,toulets the well off flyers had a wind up of some sort.SO WHAT . good fanciers will win using a calender.to the doubters,post on here how many races you have LOST not using ets and how many you have WON using ets. there will never be a fair doo race ever when the finishing point is in a different place , but , we all know that before we enter dont we .same thing goes for big team flyers , we all know they are there , thats what we have to beat,EVERY doo in the race. no I dont have ets . if it was £20 and 50p a ring EVERYBODY WOULD HAVE IT