• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ETS favours the guys who can get 6 or 8 to drop together. All those birds recorded instantly against x amount of seconds to time in manually.  In theory you say "well get better pigeons to compete" but the REALITY is members leave the Sport or go and form other clubs.

How can that be good for the Sport?  Someone please tell me that...  Someone?  Anyone??   Any takers??   Anywhere????

Chris every member of the SHU had a say on the ETS n dont give me the crap that it wasnt on the Agenda for the AGM. It was on the Agenda printed on the balance sheet as it is every year but like most years people dont read or only read what they want to read aqnd dont bother to turn up to the meetings. It wasnt the SHU to blame that there were only bout 30 or so at the AGM when it was passed it is the members who didnt bother going that are to blame.

Henrik , ooh I sense I have touch a nerve  ;D ;D ;D

Still waiting for the agenda for that illfated AGM just like loads of others, you can bet your bottom dollar if we all received agendas there would have been more than 30 attending...... sorry like , but the truth hurts , so dont give the crap about the agenda

The SHU and ETS sneaks are soley to blame for all this mess , no one else  ;) ;D

Jock Spark heads for the sun  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If a fancier has 6/8 birds in the clock befor me, well there is only one thing to be said his pigeons are better than mine, it's not up to me to complain about ETS but to go home and think how the hell am I going to beat him the next week.  Happened to me last year I placed 27th, another member of our club had 26 on the drop out of 80 or so birds he sent and I was less than a minute behind him with my 6 entries but you can bet your bottom dollar that I worked like hell with the birds the following week to beat him and actually I did,

If a person works hard, feeds trains and medicates with his/her birds they have the right to have every bird shown on the result sheet.

Our club has 2 flyers who use T3"s and in the two years I've been flying here I've never heard them utter one *expletive removed* against the ETS flyers and they're still in the Club ready to "Go" again on April 15th

Chris maybe you should ask your club secretary bout your agenda as they are all posted to the Sec,s n its up to them to pass them on to their club members. Fortuanately we have a very dilligent sec who makes sure we receive all corrospondence that we should receive. Maybe you should ask yours what happened to your Agenda eh..................

Chris maybe you should ask your club secretary bout your agenda as they are all posted to the Sec,s n its up to them to pass them on to their club members. Fortuanately we have a very dilligent sec who makes sure we receive all corrospondence that we should receive. Maybe you should ask yours what happened to your Agenda eh..................[/qu

henrik's correct i got mine form the sec and your club went to the 2001 AGM and voted for it  :P

ETS favours the guys who can get 6 or 8 to drop together. All those birds recorded instantly against x amount of seconds to time in manually.  In theory you say "well get better pigeons to compete" but the REALITY is members leave the Sport or go and form other clubs.

How can that be good for the Sport?  Someone please tell me that...  Someone?  Anyone??   Any takers??   Anywhere????

Mike,

So, is it not the case that you have an advantage over an elderly fancier??

You can certainly move alot quicker to time in that what an elderly fancier can, but if the two pigeons were to come together I would expect you to time before he would.......that's if they both have good traps.

Some fanciers have T3's strapped to them on race day, but you can't do that with an STB or a Toulet................you can ask the question if that's fair??

You'll never have a level playing field in pigeon racing, we all have to accept that.

For your info, there was no extra cost for me to alter my lofts to accomodate ETS.

You will find that the dealers will do all they can to start fanciers with the systems, that goes for the price as well.

When you compare the price of a new T3 these days it isn't much more for all the ETS equipment.

Roundo.

If a fancier has 6/8 birds in the clock befor me, well there is only one thing to be said his pigeons are better than mine, it's not up to me to complain about ETS but to go home and think how the hell am I going to beat him the next week.  Happened to me last year I placed 27th, another member of our club had 26 on the drop out of 80 or so birds he sent and I was less than a minute behind him with my 6 entries but you can bet your bottom dollar that I worked like hell with the birds the following week to beat him and actually I did,

If a person works hard, feeds trains and medicates with his/her birds they have the right to have every bird shown on the result sheet.

Our club has 2 flyers who use T3"s and in the two years I've been flying here I've never heard them utter one *expletive removed* against the ETS flyers and they're still in the Club ready to "Go" again on April 15th

Linda - technically of course you are right.. In practice it doesn't happen though. In our town there used to be one club sending 8900 birds in the town.  Now there's 900 birds leaving between 5 clubs.  

Colin - Too right you never had to alter your ofts - but look at the big picture  - 95% of lofts down here WOULD have to

COME ON TONY + MIKE  WHEN DID YOU START BOTHERING ABOUT YOUR COMPETITORS

I belong to a very well run club where competition is very fierce and win lose or draw we all have a laugh and joke on a Satutrday night. If this could be lost due to ETS then yes I am bothered. Bothered big time!

seec ets in action both in holland &belguim.to get over the man clocking a nom bird late in the day the close the race anywere from 20 mins to 90mins aftear the first bird is clocked.depending on the distance of the race.this is for club racing only.if people want ets then good luck to the me very happy with a t3 witch i baught from belguim for a lot less then i can get one from here.

As a non SHU member I was under the impression that ETS was sneaked in through the back door in Scotland with influence from the suppliers.  I may have been given the wrong impression?  I was convinced that this was the case by the uproar that followed when it was passed.  I hope I never see it in England other than for one loft races.

blue chequer- if you read the posts you will see that the ETS was passed at the 2001 SHU agm.  WEBMASTER --HOW LONG DO WE HAVE TO READ THIS CRAP ABOUT ETS I FOR ONE I'M GETTING P****D OFF WITH IT.

With due respect Rose,

I thought that I was contributing usefull information on ETS being that I am starting my 7th season of using it.

All this has lead to is nothing but insults and sarcasm in particular about my system of trapping.

I feel the discussion should continue as if it doesn't the nay sayers will get their way and flyers in The United Kingdom will never have the choice.

IT WAS ON THE AGANDA FOR THE AGM, I WAS THERE, SPOKE AND VOTED AGAINST IT BUT THERE WAS MORE ATTENDED THE MEETING FOR IT, THE NUMBER OF FANCIERS AT THE MEETING WAS ABOUT THE NORM FOR A SHU AGM, AROUND 40, OUT OF 4,500 MEMBERS, AND FOR FANCIERS REFFERING TO NOT GETTING A SAY IN THINGS, ALL CLUBS HAVE DELEGATES (MESSENGERS) TO THEIR FEDS AND ALL FEDS HAVE DELEGATES (MESSENGERS) TO THE SHU, SO CLUB MEMBERS INSTRUCT THEIR DELEGATES ON HOW TO VOTE OR NOT TO VOTE AT FED AND SHU MEETINGS THIS IS HOW ALL MEMBERS GET THEIR VIOCE HEARD, AT AGMs ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS RESPONCIBILITY TO VOTE AS THEY WANT, BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT MOST DELEGATES GO TO MEETINGS AND SAY AND VOTE FOR WHAT THEY WANT, AND THIS IS THE BIG PROBLEM IN THE SPORT TO-DAY, AND IT'S OK FOR THIS TO BE DONE, UNTIL SOMETHING CROPS UP THAT THE FRANCIERS DO NOT LIKE THEN ALL HELL BREAKS OUT, IT'S THE FANCIERS TO BLAME FOR ALLOWING THIS AND TOO LAZY TO GO TO MEETINGS, TO FINNISH OFF, DO I PERSONALLY WANT THE ETS, NO, AS THERE IS A LOT NEEDING SORTED OUT IN ITS USE, I THINK THERE IS SOMETHING THERE MAYBE, BUT NOT AS IT IS AND MORE-SO WITH THE PROBLEMS IT HAS CAUSED, BUT IT WAS ON THE AGM AGENDA AND IT WAS VOTED FOR, A LOT SAY IT SHOULD HAVE WENT TO A MEMBERS BALOT, WELL YES THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN OK AND SOME SAY THIS IS WHY THEY DO NOT ACCEPT IT IN SCOTLAND, THE RPRA DID'NT PUT IT TO THE MEMBERS AND IT WAS DEFEATED AND ACCEPTED, NO ONE SAYING ITS NOT FAIR IT SHOULD HAVE WENT TO A MEMBERS BALOT  IS THERE, AND I WOULD STILL VOTE AGAINST IT IF IT CAME UP, BUT I DO NOT HAVE ANY HARD FEELINGS AGAINST ANYONE WITH IT, THEY WENT TO THE MEETING AND GOT IT PASSED.

HOW LONG HAVE WE THE MEMBERS OF THIS SITE GOT TO PUT UP WITH THIS , IT HAS BEEN ON GOING FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW .IT WENT QUITE FOR A LITTLE WHILE BUT SOME PEOPLE JUST LIKE TO STIR THINGS UP AROUND THIS TIME OF YEAR ,JUST WHEN THE RACING IS GOING TO START UP AGAIN.  MAY I ASK WHY AT THIS TIME OF YEAR IT STARTS AGAIN . A LOT MORE TO DO WITH THE BIRDS THAN STIRUP THIS OLD ARGUMENT AGAIN.

THIS IS THE BIG PROBLEM IN SCOTLAND ROSE DELEGATES DO AND VOTE AS THEY WANT (THE MEMBERS FAULT) WHEN I WAS PRES. OF THE FED I TRIED TO GET THIS THROUGH THAT U USE UR DELEGATES AS U WANT THEY ARE MESSENGERS, BUT IT WAAS HOPELESS, NO ONE WAS INTERESTED, AND ITS THE SAME YET, I AM THE CLUB DELEGATE WELL ONE OF THEM, I HAVE NEVER KNOWN MY CLUB TO HAVE A MEETING TO INSTRUCT ITS DELEGATES HOW TO VOTE ETC AT FED MEETINGS OR THE FED TO HAVE A MEETING TO INSTRUCT THEIR DELEGATES HOW TO VOTE AT SHU MEETINGS ITS JUST NOT DONE, AND ITS THE MEMBERS FAULT, DELEGATES ARE MESSENGERS, I HAVE BEEN AT MEETING AND SEEN 2 DELEGATES FROM THE SAME ORGANISATION ARGUING AND VOTING AGIANST ONE ANOTHER, THIS IS OUT OF ORDER AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED, THE ONLY WAY U CAN GET THINGS DONE PROPERLY IS GO BY THE RULES 100% WHETHER U THINK THEY ARE RIGHT OR NOT, IF ITS A RULE WHICH IS NOT RIGHT THEN IT SHOULD NOT BE THERE THE MEMBERS SHOULD HAVE IT REMOVED BY THE PROPER  WAY, AND THIS IS THE PROBLEM, NOT GOING BY THE RULES AND NOT BEING BOTHERED TO ATTEND MEETINGS, WHICH THE LATER IS OK BUT IF U DO NOT ATTEND U SHOULD NOT CRITISIZE IT, THERE IS NOT ENOUGH OF READING RULE BOOKS AND THIS IS ALL OVER NOT JUST IN THE SHU RULES ARE NOT ADHEARED TO ON MANY OCCASIONS ALL OVER, IT SHOULD NOT BE. IF A RULE SAY'S BEND U SHOULD BEND, IF ITS NOT TO BE USED THEN REMOVE IT UNTIL THEN ITS THERE. ALL OFFICIALS SHOULD KNOW THE RULES AND SEE THAT THEY ARE CARRIED OUT.

I honestly don;t know whether it got passed through the back door in Scotland or not - you lads up there know far better than me on that matter.  As for the actual discussion on ETS and its realtive merits/pitfalls - well I agree with Hyacinth, there's no harm in letting the debate run its natural course.  

The subject is part of the "political" side of this forum and this sport & you'll always get contrasting views. As long as they don't get personal then I don't see any problem in letting the debate run.

It doesn't detract from the forum having a healthy debate - in fact it enhances the forum.  I know one or two lads who've joined in recent days solely to tune in to this particular thread