What's The Plan?

geordie1234

What's the longest you store them for Walter

i try not to store them any longer than 3 weeks if pos but 6 weeks has been the longest so far but the longer you store them the less hatch up to 4 weeks you should get 98 percent hatching and id say it drops about 5 percent every week after that and i found storing them in the fridge less than 50 percent hatched

i try to plan my season out every year if things dont go to to plan i change as i go along but mostly its train my latebreds hard and race them out to 150 160 miles then the yearlings take over to the coast with all birds 2 year old and over going to the channel races along with any yearling thats sticking out all paired at different times to do different jobs with all the short races in our fed program next season im hopeing my latebreds will keep me in the hunt till the real races start meanwhile ive already paired my best breeding and racing birds up on paper but may change one or two around as breeding time gets nearer latebreds will all be in same section apart from two or three i need to match up a cock or hen for the older pairs yearlings will be paired mid feb to catch the 3rd round off the stock birds and any eggs i have stored the old birds will be paired last week in march weather permitting or around the 17th if the weather is better they will rear two rounds and go to there chosen race on the third set of eggs which will be switched off the best pairs under feeders and i try to send each bird the way i know they like to be sitting as they are all different and have there own likes and dislikes then i just need a big slice of luck to go with all the planning lol

also looking forward to helping my novice neighbour jim with whom ive become good friends and hope i can help him get his first ticket in the club with next years youngbirds he has a dozen latebreds that we have been training up to give him a wee taste of old bird racing to learn the ins and out before he has a go with a youngbird team but he is as keen as mustard and wants to learn and has the makings of a good doo man we are both looking forward to snfc presention night on sat which will be a good insight for him and motivation to suceed at the top level and meet lots of basic members to

also looking forward to helping my novice neighbour jim with whom ive become good friends and hope i can help him get his first ticket in the club with next years youngbirds he has a dozen latebreds that we have been training up to give him a wee taste of old bird racing to learn the ins and out before he has a go with a youngbird team but he is as keen as mustard and wants to learn and has the makings of a good doo man we are both looking forward to snfc presention night on sat which will be a good insight for him and motivation to suceed at the top level and meet lots of basic members to

Youll enjoy the Snfc night Wattie, yer eyes will be opened with the top fanciers there mate.Mind take plenty of dough with ye though lol.

Youll enjoy the Snfc night Wattie, yer eyes will be opened with the top fanciers there mate.Mind take plenty of dough with ye though lol.

got two loafs put by dell lol been before when old pal john feenie won the section in rennes then again to get his gold award with strathclyde lass but got to be better picking up a prize yourself derick m8

got two loafs put by dell lol been before when old pal john feenie won the section in rennes then again to get his gold award with strathclyde lass but got to be better picking up a prize yourself derick m8

Nothing whacks it Wattie, then next year yer wee hen getting her Silver, fingers crossed.

can you flag them morning and night tony many others win this way m8

I held my own with untrained old birds this year Walter as my w/hood cocks exercise with zest but racing youngsters without schooling is unfair on them.

I held my own with untrained old birds this year Walter as my w/hood cocks exercise with zest but racing youngsters without schooling is unfair on them.

theres always a way Tony , even if it doesnt always appear the most attractive ?? i wont insult you by making suggestions , just think outside the box eh ? :animatedpigeons:

theres always a way Tony , even if it doesnt always appear the most attractive ?? i wont insult you by making suggestions , just think outside the box eh ? :animatedpigeons:

ive got to agree with you there tony unfair to youngbirds and unfair to others in the transporter but many do it hope you fined away to keep them going m8 maybe big pete could give your yb a few tosses to help you out he is a good guy but know you may not like to depend on others same myself tony but if it means keeping them on id swallow my pride helped plenty of guys in your position in my time hope someone will return the favor someday id take them on the bus before id rap them m8

maybe big pete could give your yb a few tosses to help you out he is a good guy

I would/will help as/when possible mate but me and Tony live just over 90 miles apart.

Really do hope Tony chooses to carry on flying though. Even with minimal training this year he still had some fantastic results with OB's and did better with YB's then some guys who are up the road everyday.

Plan for 2015, (will be my first year racing)...

I Have 12 late breds that will be raced as OB's 2015 but only sent Inland. Not expecting them to set the world on fire but will be happy to get them some experience and hope to have a handful left at the end of the season so i can test them out properly as 2 year olds.

With YB racing I hope to breed a good sized team and be competitive throughout the programme. If I can nick a few tickets and be left with a good batch of birds to take into 2016 as yearlings I will be very happy. :emoticon-0167-beer:

I would/will help as/when possible mate but me and Tony live just over 90 miles apart.

Really do hope Tony chooses to carry on flying though. Even with minimal training this year he still had some fantastic results with OB's and did better with YB's then some guys who are up the road everyday.

sorry pete i thought you were much closer to tony pal with you telling me you had been down to see him my mistake no your to far away to help the man m8 needs to be someone much closer surely a club m8 could help the man out i know you would if you could pete

Solway has training with the transporter as do others.vi take it yours doesn't tony

The fella who run the training wagon took it of the road a couple of years ago. Being inside the M25 and with the implementation of the 'low emission zone' meant it just wasn't cost effective for him to get the engine converted. Thanks Boris.